family collage

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

MERANTI CAFE BY MAPLE AT MERANTI HOTEL

THE YAPPY BUNCH recently stayed in MERANTI HOTEL for the weekend and when dinner was announced, I was excited to learn that it was going to be at MERANTI CAFE where they served food from MAPLE restaurant.

At first I was like YIHAAAAA!!!! The Chinese Dimpol and I had a very delicious dinner there before! But my happiness was short lived as I remembered that I was going to be attending an office party celebrating our anniversary.

Oh bollocks!!!!

I mean "yey"!

He he he he he!

Of course, in other office parties, you could control NOT to eat during dinner. But in my work, you would be crazy not to. The food is soooooo good that you'd feel like it's a mortal sin not to finish a whole plate!

And that is what I did.

So I said "Oh well... I'll just take pictures of the food and everyone having SO MUCH FUN. I'm so full to eat anything in my already bulging tummy anyways.

And then I was faced with THIS.




EGAD.

I'm in trouble now. 



Oh well... In the end, I just did what any sane person would do.

I ATE IT.

Don't judge me because I'm sure you would've done the same thing if you're served with Prime Rib.

Especially if it's from MAPLE!!!!




ERICJAZ FOODIES are in MAPLE...




With the little lords!





CAFE MERANTI is located near the lobby of MERANTI HOTEL.




A long table was set up for my KTG family!


WHAT TO GET IN MERANTI CAFE BY MAPLE???

MAPLE MENU 1...




MAPLE MENU 2...



MAPLE MENU 3...




MAPLE MENU 4...




MAPLE MENU 5...




MAPLE MENU 6...




DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!



The meal started with servings of MAPLE RESTAURANT'S Maple Glazed Dinner rolls!




Warm... Chewy.... Lightly sweet. Add a generous smear of their creamy butter and you're good to go!



For starters, I would always choose salad over soup. Sometimes I would purposely not finish the whole serving just so I could eat it with my mains!



In MERANTI CAFE BY MAPLE, the Arugula Salad (P235.00) deserves a space ALWAYS on your table for the night!



Rocket arugula, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, parmesan cheese, prosciutto with balsamic vinaigrette -- refreshing AND addicting at the same time!



Usually when I see mussels in the menu, I would so tempted to order it. Of course, what would always hold me back is the freshness. In MERANTI CAFE, the Chilean Mussels (P560.00) will truly satisfy your taste buds AND you'll get your fresh seafood dose for the day!




Fat and juicy mussels are cooked in premium beer and spices!!



These flavorful bites of shellfish are served with toasted crostini bread so you could mop the juices with it. 

YUMMMMERS!



If you have kiddies with you who are not fond of steak (aka "you just don't want to share"), order the Southern Style Fried Chicken (P485.00)!



3 pieces of crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside chicken...

Perfect dish to divert the kids' attention from attacking your steak.

OH I'M KIDDING.



And the piece de resistance arrives....



MERANTI CAFE BY MAPLE'S Prime Rib Tapa (P530.00)!



Prime Rib steak with 2 kinds of eggs and garlic rice that's less than a thousand???

HUWATISTHISWORLDCOMINGTO?????

This is just impossible.... unbelievable.... omaygadable!!!!!!




BUT IT'S TRUE!



We got a big and fatty slice of bone in prime rib that's just bursting with soy sauce and garlicky goodness! 



The meat was so tender and juicy while I was slicing it. After one generous forkful, I was in heaven and forgetting my supposed to be fullness that early in the evening.

EGAD! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE????



Filipino style steak and eggs? YES PLEASE! And one more for take home.

Tee hee! Kung pwede lang!



While wolfing down hot plates of those MAPLE RESTAURANT specialties, order up some of their special cocktails as well.



Long sips from their specialty cocktails that's so refreshing but with a kick. It will make you sit back, pat your tummy, and declare "We did good".




For dessert, we got the MERANTI CAFE BY MAPLE's Bourbon Bread Pudding (P290.00)!

Luscious and delectable. I think I'm going to have my coffee right about now.




Yihiiiiii! This is definitely going to be a great dinner!

(For me, this would be a great dinner PART TWO)



Besides the unforgettable dishes from MAPLE, we also had a fun time chatting it up with the KTG!

From this side...




To the other side!!!!




Thank you to dear Spanky and MERANTI HOTEL for inviting ERICJAZ FOODIES and the little lords for dinner! We had a great time as usual!



Delicious food, cool drinks, and lots of laughs were so free flowing that night that we stayed behind!!!!

Long live MAPLE RESTAURANT in MERANTI CAFE!!!

WOHOOOO!!!!




MERANTI HOTEL
82 Scout Castor, Quezon City, 1100
Phone: (02) 784 9000








By the way, for those wondering, I had about 2 plates of THIS during our office party....




But of course, there would ALWAYS be room for some of MAPLE'S Prime Rib Tapa!

YUP! It's THAT good!

SO.

THERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...