family collage

Monday, June 29, 2015

TBS BLUE CORNER (SIZZLING EXPRESS ATB)

While we were planning our weekend staycation trip to SEDA NUVALI, the Chinese Adonis said that if we don't have anything planned with the BP Group, maybe we could go to his favorite "Bulaluhan" place for lunch. Since my husband rarely makes requests unless it's something he really, really, really, wanted, I told him that even if there WERE plans, we will still be going to his little bulaluhan house.

So off we drove over to TBS BLUE CORNER (SIZZLING EXPRESS ATB)! Now I don't know what's the meaning of "ATB" but I guess it's too tiresome for them  to add the letter "P" for "At Iba Pa!"

The Adonis warned however that TBS BLUE CORNER was not air-conditioned and was more like an eatery, aka "turo-turo" (point your desired food). Of course, I didn't mind. As long as the place was safe, (somehow) clean, and served delicious food, I'm there!

Of course, the same could not be said for the little lords.

When we got TBS BLUE CORNER, they immediately started complaining about everything! They fretted over the dust, the heat, the flies, the crowd, and even the utensils used. It was even so embarrassing that they chose to vocally express themselves, therefore attracting more unneeded attention!  To give them the benefit of the doubt though, it WAS hot and I could just imagine how uncomfortable they were so they just blamed their discomfort over everything they see. But later on, they got a whiff of what's coming for lunch that they quieted down.

Of course, no matter how much dust, heat, and crowds there are, when your hungry stomach calls out, you listen! Thank gulay that TBS BLUE CORNER was able to silence deliciously our tummies!

Even if there were some dust on the side. He he he he he he!


 

TBS BLUE CORNER (SIZZLING EXPRESS ATB)!!

 

 

This open air "carinderia" style restaurant is actually very famous with foodies who are in search of cheap but delicious food in the Sta. Rosa Market Area. 



 

When you sit down at one of their long tables, the loud but still very accommodating server will immediately give you a pail of utensils filled with hot water.


ROLL CALL!
 

The Chinese Adonis with a very hot Andrei!


Fast forward pic1

Me and a very hot Master Mati!


HMMMM... Now what should we order?
 

TBS BLUE CORNER menu 1....

 

 

TBS BLUE CORNER menu 2...


 

If you actually feel more like standing up and going to the counter rather than reading the menu, you could see the long line of hot Filipino dishes just waiting to be ladled or served onto your plate.



 

TBS BLUE CORNER Crispy Pata!

 

 

A platter of TBS BLUE CORNER Chicharon Bulaklak that's hot off the fryer!



 

Fried Tilapia!!

 

 

Foods covered in plastic for sanitary reasons! I'm not really for grub that has been waiting under the sun for a period of time but they do have a mouth-watering selection. If I was not dieting, I would try out each one!



  

I see some shrimps, lechon kawali, and langka in coconut sauce.



 

TBS BLUE CORNER Embutido!



  

TBS BLUE CORNER Leche Flan!

Want some for dessert Androse?

 

 

Of course, when you're planning to have a high cholesterol meal, a can of pineapple juice should be in order!



 

The TBS BLUE CORNER kitchen is wide, spacious, and has a cook who is bent on making a Mr. Pogi pose. He he he he he he!

Kidding! He's just looking up!

 

 

First on the table is a plate of TBS BLUE CORNER Chicharon Bulaklak (P150.00)! I'm not overly fond of the Chicharon Bulaklak with meat inside but this one did have a lot of crunchy fried pork bites!



 

As per Yub's craving, we had a big bowl of TBS BLUE CORNER Bulalo (P250.00)!!! The soup was boiling hot and was so flavorful!! Definitely perfect to eat with scoops of white rice!



 

Mati was craving for some seafood again and ordered the TBS BLUE CORNER Sizzling Squid (P250.00)!! The sauce here is such a winner!!! I loved the buttery taste mixed with tomato sauce and seasoning. If you're the Mom, you'll most likely get just the sauce and tomatoes. Believe me, since this was so nummy yummy in mah belly, I DIDN'T MIND!!!

More rice please!


 
 

I'm actually watching my rice intake but I couldn't help it. Diet for me starts on Monday!



 

ERICJAZ FOODIES with the little lords in TBS BLUE CORNER!!!

See? now everyone is happy!

 


My plate! My very-complete-and-mouth-watering filled plate!!!! Of course, I need my usual toyomansi with chili for the complete WHATTAHELL experience!!!



 

My very happy Chinese Adonis!

 

 

The only deal I had with the TBS BLUE CORNER bulalo is that we were not able to pick out the bone marrow since it melted in the soup. Be that as it may, at least we were able to slurp a very rich broth with the marrow flavorings. Sarap!!!!

 

 

As I expected, the little Andrei loved the TBS BLUE CORNER Chicharon Bulaklak. He always goes for the crunchy things with everything!

 

 

May I have some master Mati?

 


 

Andrei zoinked most of the chicharon bulaklak! He h ehe he he! It's okay! I'm happy that he's eating a lot!



 

AND we're done!!!

 

 

Except for Andrei of course! He's still attacking his crispy pork!!!




 

Our TBS BLUE CORNER bill!!!



 

If you are in search of delicious and affordable food in Paseo de Sta. Rosa market, do make a stop at TBS BLUE CORNER! Though it may be hot and dusty since it's located in a wide land area near their wet market, their hot plates of awesome food will certainly make you oblivious to it all.

LET'S EAT!!!!




TBS Blue Corner Sizzling Express ATBP.
New Market Station Paseo de Sta. Rosa, Laguna
 +63 921 610-0493




4 comments:

  1. very affordable Filipino food...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Affordable and sulit to answer our Filipino food cravings!!! Yummmm!

      Delete
  2. My grandmother who was the founder and prime mover of TBS Blue Corner departed this life last January 2020. I know it's quite late but I would like to thank you on behalf of my family (the Silva Family) for your kind words about our Grandmother's legacy.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your family. I'm sure your grandmother was such a great woman to be loved so much by her family.

      We really enjoyed the food and would have loved to go back. Unfortunately we're not in the area often. Still, it's one of our most memorable meals there.

      Thanks also! Take care and I'm also touched with your message. Our loved ones will always be with us I'm sure.

      God bless you and your family!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...