family collage

Sunday, January 22, 2023

OUR AWESOME YAPPY 2022 (PART THREE)

 

And another year has passed.

This year may have started with me having covid and other mundane matters BUT I never expected in a million years for it to end the way it did. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm still so thankful that my family is healthy and happy, plus the boys are now giants but are still my babies, but losing a best friend, a BGP even, is so unimaginable. 

Anyway I cannot really question His will, and I know that what happened had a reason. Hay.... (I've been formulating sentences that I've been erasing din because I'm feeling a lot of things... Ha ha ha ha ha).

Oh well. I'm speechless talaga.

One thing's for sure though if this year has taught me anything it's really that LIFE IS SHORT. Value every moment and every loved one you have with you. I think that's why even if I'm busy with work, and even if it's midnight, I'll still do my best to record all my special memories via this blog (aka online diary). 

It doesn't matter that it's not as popular as the other blogs out there or if it is old-style. What matters talaga (especially for me) is that all you read here is from my heart which I want to remember forever. 

Also, with the loss of my best friend, I decided that I won't subject myself to toxic situations and people. I'll only stick to those who are worth it. If there's one thing my BGP has taught me, is that TRUE FRIENDSHIP exists and I won't level down of course from the love she gave me. He he he he he! Kahit na kami na lang ni Suga sa mundo, GO LANG! He he he he he he!

Sorry madrama. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Hindi bagay sa first pic. 

So here is me again, ERICJAZ FOODIES, sharing the last quarter of my 2022. It was an ending with a lot of blessings I know but a big part of it was sadness. 

Thank you for joining and coping with me. I'm sure you're seconds away from blocking the cuteness out of me. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Sorry if my intro make no sense. I'm sure, sanay na kayo. Har de har har. 

As for new readers, get out while you still can. 

Tee to the hee. 

SEPTEMBER

September 1, 2022

Is it pitiful of me if I started the last trimester recap with a greeting to BTS' golden maknae?

NO IT AINT!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Happy Birthday dear Jungkook!!! Greetings from me and Suga!



September 3, 2022

The Yub and I thought of having a family gimik at MUSIC 21... and it was soooo fun!

At first nagkakahiyaan pa then later on... EXTENSION PLEASE!!!

Grabe this was such a riot!!!!!!! We cannot share the videos because we're all so out of tune! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

First time to do this with the fam! Ang saya!



September 5, 2022

A realization.

Isn't it awesome how the Lord makes everything work out?




Celebrated Kuya Jons birthday in our usual family favorite -- KIMPURA!!!

HAPPYYY BIRTHDAYYY to our super kind, bait, generous, and smart brother ever — Kuya Jon!!! God bless you always! Thank you so much for always being there for my little kolokoy guys. Time to party party tugs tugs! Yohooo!!! 

Happy Birthday from me and Suga… este… the  boys pala. Hahaah! We love you (lalo na if may treat ka bwhaha)!!!


September 7, 2022

Huy secret lang natin yan Suga!



September 9, 2022

Thank you Queen Elizabeth for your service and being an epitome of a true royal. You are all about duty and never drama. It is indeed an end of an era πŸ™

Rest In Peace dear Queen.



September 9, 2022

Came home to THIS!

Awwww... LIttle clingy Yoongie!



September 10, 2022

That weekend we went to Pampanga for some Go-Kart racing!

It has been the long time wish of the boys (and Rocio) that once weekend we finally went for it!!!!!



We stayed at this simple resort which was sulit for the price but got us really close to nature!




While the boys were doing ATV, I walked the roads they were in so that I could take pictures of them when they get back.

That walk gave me such a lovely and serene experience. Soft breeze... the trees.... then may nagMOO pa na cow (to which I moo-ed back).



September 16, 2022

The following Friday, the Yub and I went out with Androse and played billiards! I think it's the first time for us to do with Andrei. It was fun!

Of course, I lost. 


September 17, 2022

Got this from Ate Jojit!

Cable was so happy she fainted! Ha ha ha ha!



September 19, 2022

This is true. When you grow older pala talaga, you'll not value material gifts too much and just treasure having your family and friends around. 


September 23, 2022

Happy to be of service!


September 24, 2022

The hungry Gorilyas out for an APE!

Teeheee… Because even an annual check up could be a gimik! After the check up, we also had lunch. 

So cool that I met some Armies. Yun lang 157lbs na ako bwahaahah!

Was also lent a portable ECG to check my BP... grabeeeeee! I'm old na talaga.



September 27, 2022

Our impromptu family Korean dinner!

We all craved for some Korean food so we had an impromptu family food trip!

Pwede din na padespedida kay Suga my lab! Hahaah!

To be honest, I forgot where he's going... BUT any excuse to eat! Ha ha ha ha ha!


September 28, 2022

This is proof how damot I am. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!




OCTOBER


October 7, 2022


October did not start too well for us. My BGP Mariane got confined in the hospital and we all prayed hard for her recovery.

Let's pray for BGP!



October 9, 2022

For Sunday family lunch, we had a change of location from home. We all decided to try out something different and I recommended BUGIS SINGAPOREAN CUISINE!

Yay! Great choice because they all enjoyed the food -- laksa, hainanese chicken, beef rendang.... YUM!!!!!!



October 12, 2022

The night is young and so are we! Tara leshgow BGP Mariane! Bday pa ni Jimin tom!

We miss you and love you BGP! We’re all praying for you.

#STAYINGPOSITIVEYESALLCAPS

Almost everyday were visitng BGP in the hospital. Well...almost. We cannot go to her room because of covid restrictions of the hospital so we had no choice but to stay in the hostel or in Starbucks with Manong Fred. 

While we were having coffee, she called Manong Fred. She was a bit disoriented (as she's in the ICU). 

Hoping she knew that we were there.


October 14, 2022

Youre the best friend for the rest of my life.
May be bittersweet but I’m thankful to be with you in your last moments. Bitin na bitin talaga our time together.

 Rest In Peace dear BGP Mariane….  I love you so much…
 Dec 31, 1976 - October 14, 2022




I was in the room with her parents and Manong Fred in BGPs last few moments. I held her hand until I heard that heartbreaking flatlining sound. 

:(

I don't know if I could make a separate blog on this but there is really sooo much to share. Maybe when I can, I will.

I'm sure that's not very soon though. 

:(

October 15, 2022

Hayyyy... I really have no words. 


October 15, 2022

BGPs cremation...

No goodbyes bgp… Magparty party tugs tugs pa din tayo soon. (Pero wag moko multuhin hala or bosohan).

I don't know if I'm just imagining it or what... but suddenly I "heard" or thought about BGP saying...

"Bgp, nandito lang ako. Nakakalungkot lang na hindi ko makakasama si Fred and Pao... Pero hindi na ako nasasaktan."

:(

I really felt that she "talked" to me.




It's my Mom's birthday!!!!!!!!! 

The whole family went to BARCINO to celebrate, my treat!




Happy Birthday to the BESTEST, PRETTIEST, KINDEST, LOVELIEST, DEDICATEDEST, MAHIHINEST, PERFECTEST, etc etc MOMMY (Juliet) IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

We love you soooo much!!! Party party tugs tugs!!

From your BEST and lovable bunso

Jaz and Suga

==== 
I'm sorry Mommy that I can't help but be a bit sad during your birthday. Still, I'm very thankful that you're with us, healthy and happy. 



October 18, 2022

My best friend's last night... :( She's so pretty... 

Didn't feel like talking to anyone in the wake and just kept to myself. 

The next day, we said good bye to her. 



No goodbyes talaga BGP... :( I'll also see you soon.

I love you so much :( 




October 20, 2022

Dinner with bgp's family in MANAM.. and guess what? I saw a reader! YAYYY!



October 21, 2022

With BGP Mariane’s family to have her favorite... PEKING DUCK!

πŸ™‚ Thank you again for having us πŸ™‚



October 22, 2022

Attending BGP’s Ika- Syam with her family πŸ™‚

You know the movie where the most popular guy in school takes interest in the outcast?

That’s how I felt with BGP Mariane! 

How could somebody so beautiful, so well loved, so kind, so perfect, SO EVERYTHING….be best friends with little ol me?

Will never ever forget you BGP… Best Gal Pals even until were together. In the meantime, I’ll always look after Ninang, Tito, Pao Pao, and bahala na if si Fred kasama.

Today is her 9th day of her novena prayers and also mass offered for her.

We love you! Salamat sa lechon. Haha!

Btw, I’m not phishing for compliments nor asking for sympathy… Just expressing how I find BGP awesome!



October 24, 2022

Thank you Padre Pio!!!!

Yesterday, our driver left the garage gate open that when he turned on the noisy vacuum for the car, little PENNY got scared and escaped! Our staff ran after him, same goes for Yub and Andrei, but PENNY was like "FREEDOM! FREEEEDOM! Asan na mga boyssss??"

Seriously though, she ran sooo fast that nobody was able to catch her. We alerted the different barangay stations and also checked on the local pound. Nada. 

Little PENNY may be having the time of her life doing the party party tugs tugs with boy dogs, but we were all worried that she might get run over, or basta, the usual nightmare for dogs. 

Poor Cable, her sister, was crying pa the whole night. She missed her ate PENNY terribly because this was the first night since she arrived that her sister was not there to keep her warm. 😞

I was actually feeling negative about finding PENNY because from the people they talked to she ran further away. 

So I prayed last night to Padre Pio to please help us find PENNY. If not today, sana soon because our pets are like family to us. We can't bear losing one even if it poops on all the wrong places. 
Then just after lunch, our other driver was going home from an errand and saw PENNY resting by Rizal Technical University (ang layo nun samin!) He stopped and called PENNY who recognized him immediately. She ran up to him and never let our driver go. 

When we saw PENNY, yayyyyyyy we were soooo happy! Parang nabunutan talaga kami ng karayom! It was really the heavens and prayers who helped Mang Joseph (The pogi driver) to be at the right place at the right time and see dear PENNY. I really believe it to be divine intervention. 

Kaya thank you talaga dear PADRE PIO! Thank you for your powerful intercession.  I know medyo mababaw po pinagdasalan ko but we were really worried for PENNY and I know you always manage to help us with the impossible. Seriously, what are the odds??? Kaya that’s Your help po talaga.

PENNY has pilay and a small sugat but I'm sure she'll be alright after the vet checks her. Little Cable finally stopped crying and was happy to see her sis. Now nakatiwangwang na sya matulog (a sign of security for animals). 

Welcome back PENNY!!!!! πŸ™‚



October 25, 2022

UPDATED: I posted this around 9:00am. 

I don't really look at my memories but for some reason, I decided to check it out this morning. And then I saw THIS.

I remember I think this was because I set up her FB account. I thought it was a nice memory so I reposted it.

Last night by the way, BGP's Mom, Ninang Marlene, and I a nice chat on messenger.  I told her that I would be sending her and tito something today.

I didn't not think much of it as I was finalizing the order come 11:00am to be delivered at their place. 

Then it hit me.

Maybe the reason why I felt like looking at my memories was because BGP is reaching out to say THANK YOU for the meaningful chat I had with ninang and for the food I sent today.

Sorry it may be delusional but I really felt it. Timing na timing why her post saying THANK YOU suddenly appeared on my memories and I had the sudden urge to look at it. 

I swear. Nangilabot ako. But in a good way (and hindi yung na ccr. ha ha ha ha). I just felt so loved... Like she's really here with me (nandidilat... ha ha ha kidding).

And once again, let me repeat, na whatever happened last night or I gave this morning, those are NOTHING compared to the joy and friendship you gave me BGP.

Kaya again, No BGP, thank YOU! Love you!


October 26, 2022

Wednesdate with the Yub, Ninang Marlene, Manong Fred, Paopao, and BGP Mariane!! πŸ™‚ Party party tugs tugs!

I find these days I want to be in the company of people who were close to BGP. 



October 27, 2022

To those sending me messages and offering comfort, please know that I’m very thankful and appreciate the concern. 

What I’m not however, is okay. Sorry that I haven’t replied because honestly, I just dont feel like it. I’m not posting this to rant or fish for empathy/sympathy (yuck), I’m just saying thank you to all who have been sending kind words and apologize that I’m being my worst antisocial moody self. 

And please dont tell me to move on. Dont even. If you’re also tooo tired of seeing my emo posts, e di unfriend.

Again, thank you for all the messages.

I am, however, aching to receive a message from this one person… Unfortunately, I dont think that will ever happen.

O sige 2 pala (BGP and Suga… Heheh.. My Daddy kasi doesnt have FB). 

So there pader.



October 28, 2022

Sharing BGP Mariane’s last message in our group chat with our hubs. Who would have thought that in a week’s time, she will be taken from us.

Many people are surprised to discover that even if I’m the loud, talkative one compared to her mahinhin and ladylike ways, BGP is my fierce defender.

Don’t get me wrong. I could defend myself naman, but I have such a bad temper that it got me fired from my previous job. That’s why I try my best to be pasensyosa and manage my anger.

That, however, unleashed the LE TIGREH in BGP that she is ready to make sugod or do things unimaginable I swear, to those who  Im at odds with. Ako pa nagpipigil sa kanya! Sometimes tuloy I dont want to make kwento na of people that peeve me because she’s sure to mark those as her enemies for life.

That’s why I choke up reading her last message in our GC because once again, she is defending me. Though very light to what she usually does, I felt her love and protectiveness when I said that I could visit her “parents only” room in the hospital since I look old. As expected she disagreed Heheeh! Syempre asawa nya nag agree sakin! Hay!

Will never get tired of posting about you BGP.

Miss you terribly.


October 29, 2022

After work Fridate with my favorite guys! Decided to try out CHAMPION HOTPOT for their unlimited mongolian and shabu shabu. It was sooooooo good!  Got so bondat  that we’re groaning up to now. Hehe!



October 29, 2022

Manong Fred, BGPs hub, was checking Mariane's phone this morning to confirm passwords and accounts, then he found THIS and sent it to me.

It was the time when she was so sad in New Jersey (for cancer treatment) that I told Manong Fred I’ll visit to surprise her. It didnt push through na because she was okay later on.

The note was dated February 22, 2021. I guess she was coming up with a birthday message for me. What touches (and makes me cry more) is that she never erased it.

Hayyyyyy BGP… I appreciate how youre reminding me that youre here lang. (Wag moko bosohan… hehhe)

πŸ™


October 30, 2022

Pre-Birthday surprise for PaoPao planned by his Daddy. 

Advance Happy Birthday to my handsome inaanak!!! We love you!!!





October 31, 2022

It’s Paolo’s birthday! To celebrate, we attended mass, had lunch at Sentro, then visited BGP Mariane afterwards. Thank you for inviting our family to this special day. We hope you had an enjoyable birthday morning Pao Pao!



The fun continued till night time!



NOVEMBER



November 1, 2022

Somebody was lonely so it was Team BGP to the rescue.

It was araw ng Patay but we didn't get to visit Daddy due to the storm. Manong Fred messaged that he was sad so we all joined him to cheer him up. 



November 2, 2022

Had another meet up with Manong Fred the next day because again, we sensed that he was sad. Coming from APT studios in Marikina, were thankful that it was not traffic to go to Greenbelt that night. 

Had a lot of fun again as talked about our HOPES, DREAMS, BATUHAN ng pagmamahal, economy, philosophy, and where to meet again tomorrow! hehe!
Seriously, the best of course is when we talk about BGP Mariane and her dilat moments, dahil sa pagmamahal nya sa yo hehe πŸ˜‰



November 3, 2022

Dont know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that I reread some od my FB chats with BGP. It made me forget that she’s gone, that she’s just there when I pm. Then the hard reality sets in that our kulitan will never happen again. In a way Im thankful that we chatted a lot thatI have like GBs full of our kulitans.
Oh yeah and thats our asaran. Goodnight with kissy kissy tapos may yuuuuck hahahaha! Theres more where that came from! Hahahaa!

Felt so bad lang looking at one of my messages where I said that next year we’ll just laugh off ang drama namin this year. Haaaaay….


November 6, 2022

Wasnt able to visit Daddy last Nov 1 due to Paeng so the family scheduled it today. Sayang Pia and Kuya Jay cannot join na as theyre in Davao. Si Cable na lang substitute. Haha! Kidding.




While going around, Andrei and I came upon this goat. I made fun and did my ever famous goat impersonation. I repeated it many times. I guess the goat got tired of us making fun of it that it attacked us. Ha a ha ha ha ha ha!

Takbo talaga kami! Ha ha ha ha ha!



November 8, 2022

Remember chatting with BGO when I posted this. I said pa "Uy may ipopost ako tingnan mo..." 
Still so true. I believe it more now. Even if she did not stay with us longer than I would have preferred, she has proven many times over how you are truly the BEST gal pal somebody like me could ever have.

Haaaay... It's soooo hard to check Facebook memories and see that every day in different years, I was with BGP :(


November 11, 2022

Last Wednesday, I was feeling so low and sad over missing BGP that I was crying while working on my laptop. I was sitting where BGP was (in the picture) while the laptop was on the white table.
I was still crying when I saw this figure move behind me on my laptop screen. The figure was wearing black or dark blue, and when I turned around, wala naman. I immediately sensed BGP, that in my true brave self, I said pa "BGP wag ka pakita sakin aatakihin ako sa puso!"
Then last night, Andrei told me that he had this dream. I was working on my laptop in the TV room (same position and scenario last Wednesday), while he was eating at the dining area. 

Then, BGP Mariane passed by wearing DARK BLUE, she saw Andrei and said "Hi! Si JAZZIE?" Andrei pointed to where I was then BGP went there. 
When I saw her daw, I was shocked and cried. We hugged. Then sat down to make kwento. 
Then Andrei asked me "Mommy, does Ninang Mariane call you JAZZIE?"
I said "YES!!! There are times that's the lambing term for me!" He doesn't know that. 
And the fact that the figure and BGP in Andrei's dream wearing the same color was WOAH....

I wonder if the reason why Andrei, who has a bit of a 3rd eye, dreamt of BGP Mariane was because it was her way of saying that she was really there with me last Wednesday when I was soooo sad, missing her?

Brings another light her message for me before when I felt her say "Nandito lang ako BGP..."
πŸ™ 

Thank you BGP.... πŸ™


November 17, 2022

It's hard but I will have to try.

I know that with our 26 years of friendship you'd always cry with me when I cry. Now what do you do when the reason I'm crying is because of (losing) you?

So I guess I'll try to lessen the tears na (if I can) because I want you to be at peace where you are. 

Love you so much BGP.



November 17, 2022

Thursdate at MAMOU with Manong Fred



He also took our first traditional Christmas picture by the Powerplant Mall tree!!!!!



November 18, 2022

Fridate with Team BGP and Team Virrey!

The boys had fun racing in Tamiya while the oldies enjoyed chatting. 



November 20, 2022

That Sunday, we went out with the family and I treated them to MANAM. Mommy wanted to try it so it was a nice impromptu weekend dinner to get her out (she usually just wants to stay home to watch Koreanovelas). 



November 22, 2022

BGP Mariane's family and relatives honored her 40th day with novena prayers. 

We miss you so much BGP... some of us were crying while praying for you. Still, we know that you're in a better place now. We love you forever.



November 24, 2022

My baby bunso is back from his retreat and he got me pasalubong!  The attendant said the santo was Padre Pio but kuya Jon said he’s St John! Rocio said if that’s the case, maybe St John daw was calling to Andrei (coincidentally, he’s his favorite apostle din).

Thank you soooo much dear Andrei!!! You always remember mommy talaga!

In turn, I stayed home (no going out cos I missed my baby!) and surprised him with Sashimi and Sushiiii! πŸ™‚



November 26, 2022

Andrei being very mean to me. Hmp!!!!!



November 26, 2022

VERY true 😞

Miss you so much Daddy and BGP… 😞 And I never want to stop missing you both…



November 27, 2022

Yohoo! We went to Purple 7 Cafe after mass with Mommy!

Yep... Wee're recruiting her. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Hala... Natakpan ni Mommy si Yoongi my lab!



November 27, 2022

Taekook for Run BTS Challenge!

This made me EXTRA happy and thankful today! Hahaha! Watching it again and again….

TAEKOOOOOK!!!!

OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!



November 30, 2022

Andrei doesn't know my birthday!!!!!!! Grrr....

Nobody loves me. H aha ha ha ha ha!



DECEMBER


December 3, 2022

Saturdate!!!! 

No Yub? No problem! Will still go out with my boys as weekends are ALWAYS reserved for them! Treated my favorite gimik mates to steak because walang asungot. Hahahaha!

Mom and Kuya Jon joined later because they needed to do pagpag (and we needed a ride home.) Haha!!

Yeaaaaah... we always eat at MAMOU TOO because it's our favorite. Give us MAMOU over the other popular steak houses out there ANYTIME!



December 11, 2022

For Andrei's advance birthday celebration, we went to Pampanga again to Go Kart and for food tripping!!!!

We ate at this Italian restaurant which was sooo popular yet the service was still prompt. Hopefully will blog about this soon. 




The real reason why we went to go Go Karting  is because it's Andrei's wish actually -- to race with his Daddy! Happy that his wish was granted!!!!!



December 14, 2022

Kim Seokjin is off to the military... Many people remarking that they'll lose popularity or they should be exempted but for me, I am more impressed with BTS that they want to serve their country against all odds. 

It may be heartbreaking that we’ll see these awesome and brave gentlemen together only after 3 years, but, also very inspiring how they proved to us that BTS is indeed a family when they stayed with their hyung before he entered the military.

We’ll miss you World Wide Handsome!





Andrei's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my not so little drummer boy Andrei! 

Hay naku! We had sooo many celebrations for him, but of course, we never NOT have a celebration with my family.




Part of his birthday celebrations is a treat by his Tito Jon to JAPAN! WOHHH! Thanks Kuya Jon!

O ayan Andres.... TAMA NA HA????!!!

He he he he he!

Kidding! We love you sooo much that we can never give  you enough celebrations. He he he he he!



December 18, 2022

EAT BULAGA Christmas party!

Every year, I would make an extra effort to take pics with my workmates AND the hosts. 

This year however, it's different.

Our EB hosts are the best and I love them soo much, but that night I only wanted to have a picture with the lady I really looked up to and bilib na bilib! My boss!!!!!!! Thank you so much mam Jeny!!! πŸ™‚ 

Merry Christmas mam πŸ™‚

#bestbossever



December 20, 2022

Our little Yoongie was missing for 5 days. Our security guard said the last time he saw him was that he was being chased by a big cat sa roof. Naku, Yoongie pa naman is such a pansy and may kaengotan kaya I was extra worried (he was once missing for 2 days because he can't get out of the supply room that he went in). 

I really prayed for his return.

Sooo thankful that one night, same guard heard 2 cats fighting again. Thinking it was Yoongie, he chased after the 2 cats until he got to the next kanto. Yoongie was not one of the "fighters" BUT guard found him to where the 2 fighters ran to. Then he found our little scaredy cat (who was watching the 2 cats wrestle it out). 

Guard called Yoongie and our cat went to him.

Yayyy! Welcome back Yoongie!!! After 5 days, hay naku! Tama na pambabae! Masnipsnip ka na! πŸ™‚ It may be mababaw pero I really prayed for your return. Wohoo! πŸ™‚



December 20, 2022

Tee hee... It's my niece's birthday and we thought of celebrating WITHOUT HER. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Happy Birthday Rocio!! We had an impromptu celebration na for you! Expect the bill tomorrow siguro!

We love you, you ugly squirt!!! Stay smelly all the time! Happy Birthday!!!

(I got drunk for you too!)

Grabe was very drunk afterwards.... Just drank wine though...



December 21, 2022

Happy 17th Year Anniversary to one of the most "in love" couples I know (without needing to be pa-sweet). Even if BGP is in heaven na, I would always remember how your wacky yet admirable partnership is the epitome of TRUE love. 

Hayaan mo BGP.... we will never let Manong Frederick be alone -- lagi namin syang sasamahan. 

And yes, bawal sya mag-asawa till he's 65 years old. πŸ™‚



December 22, 2022

Outing with Team Virrey...

Honestly don't really feel like going out with other people besides Team BGP BUT... one step at a time and BB Aning is my other best friend!

Thankful that we were able to meet that night. 





Yohoooo! It's Christmas!!!!!!!



Thankful that my Dad has instilled in us that family is always important and that we should always be together. So it's no brainer that we have all made a voluntary decision to always have Christmas together even if we already have our own families.

Christmas is the best with them. ALWAYS.



December 25, 2022

For December 25, we were supposed to go to Manila zoo BUT… it was full.
Dolomite — full
Museums — all closed
Fort Santiago — full
Luneta — full

In the end we decided to walk around the streets of Manila. It was the better decision because not only was it so nice going around the old romantic streets of Filipinos, but we really “greeted” Jesus for His birthday by praying in Manila Cathedral and San Aguston church. The boys enjoyed also learning about the history of these religious structures.

It was a lesson again for us that sometimes we dont get what we want because the Lord has something better in store. It was indeed a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday Jesus! Thank you for “treating” us that day.



December 27, 2022

Crying again :(



December 29, 2022

It’s our annual Hotel Hopping — a tradition we’ve been doing since we were kids!

Grateful that for this year, Mommy’s with us!!!!!

We went to MANILA HOTEL, SOFITEL, and MANILA PEN.

This is a tradition talaga that our boys and I will ALWAYS do together. 



December 30, 2022

It's BGPs birthday... we attended mass and had lunch for her.

Is it weird that I purposely wear clothes to match with those I pics with BGP? It's because I really want her to be with us in our pictures. 

Haaaay I made a compilation of all my FB greetings for her.

My BGP would have been 46.

Words could not express how I miss you terribly BGP. I always feel so lost and lonely now without you. I know it’s unfair to those who have been so nice and supportive of me during these times but I can’t help feeling how everything was just so perfect with you in it. Sorry but sometimes I get so angry why you had to be taken away from us but yes, I guess, that is God's will and I have to respect it.
Every year even if there’s a long break after Christmas, I dont plan on going on trips because I always reserve this day to be with you. We always call you at the strike of 12am pa (the only person I do that for) even if we’re going to see each other later on. Now, I reserved this day again and stayed up till morning, but you’re not with us. And it really pains me that we’re celebrating this day in memory of you instead.  

In a way I appreciate that we’ll not be in your house later because the idea of not recreating our traditional birthday shots with you (at the table and on the couch) gets me crying every time.
Again, never would I have thought in a million years that we would not grow old together. I really thought we had more time and everyday I regret not being with you more. We havent even fulfilled our pact!!! 

Besides 2017, 2022 may also be the worst year for me. And I know I’ll never be the same. I’m happy when Im with my family but in moments where I mark my mind to share you something, and you’re not there — big ow in my chest.

For the first time in 26 years I dont have a material gift for you. I promise however, to always pray for the eternal repose of your soul nightly (along with my Dad).




I love you soooo much BGP. Sharing all the greetings I have made for you throughout the years. This time, I have a lot of words for you na.

Happy Birthday 😞 I'll see you soon.


December 31, 2022

For this year, we decided to do something different and check in at a simple hotel in Cavite to celebrate New Year's Eve.

I hope I'll be able to blog it, but woah... It was a different yet super fun experience. I think we'll do it again next year with my Mom! He he he he he he he!

HAPPY NEW YEAR from THE YAPPY BUNCH



=========================

MOVIES


October 29, 2022

Our yearly Halloween tradition -- can't help but notice how Noli de Castro looks like he had eye surgery.


November 12, 2022

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Movie night with the best and only gimikmates we’ll go out with. Syempre Saturdays are reserved for them. Always. πŸ™‚

The movie was a cool watch but I really miss THE Black Panther, pareng Chadwick. Sayang talaga.... Gone too soon.



==================

STAYCATIONS


December 31, 2022

The Yub was able to find this simple resort in Cavite -- Mount Sea Resort! 

It was affordable and the place seemed safe and comfortable. 

We are sooo happy with our stay because not only was our room so right for us, the service was commendable, and we were able to light up fire crackers (they said "bahala kayo kung san nyo gusto paputukin... ha ha ha ha)

I hope I'll be able to blog it. Naka-add pa ng gusto ko sa place was when front desk attendant saw me upon check out and she said "WOW MAM ANG GANDA GANDA NYO PO!"

AYYYYYY... a million stars na. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Staycation at Mount Sea Resort



=======================

FOOD TRIPS


September 1, 2022

In celebration of Jungkook's birthday, Ate Jojit treated us to some real good Korean barbecue!!!

Wohoo! 

Thanks Jungkook... este... ate Jit!



September 18, 2022

Our goodnight snack!!! 

The Yub enjoyed it... Me.... okay lang. He he he he he!

#ohyeahhhimfatforSuga



September 23, 2022

Late dinner!!! Got out of work late and since the Yub picked me up, we had an instadate night!

 I know I wasn't supposed to have carbs yet (since weekends lang pwede) BUT, no regrets, this was THAT good. 



September 26, 2022

Was finally able to take a bath (after stripping from the ECG apparatus ekek, oh and my BP back to normal na so yay) and the family celebrated by having dinner out. Mall was supposed to close early and many restos were closing up even if there’s still 30 mins more (because of the typhoon).

Good thing Din Tai Fung was accepting diners till it was really closing time.

Had a yum dinner and felt oh so fresh. Nilamig pa lalo tha yabang ni typhoon Karding!



September 30, 2022

Was finally able to try the famous HABANERO restaurant with my boss and tita Josie. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD! 

Would love to return with the boys.


October 30, 2022

Sunday pre-birthday dinner for Paopao!!! Thanks Manong Fred for the treatttt!! πŸ™‚



November 6, 2022

Last night’s dinner at Munum… Walang gustong sumamang bata so kami na lang heheeh...



November 15, 2022

Treated Mom and the others to Kimpura cos got my bonus!!!!

Yummmm.....

The sushi night was soooo good!



November 26, 2022

Our belated Thanksgiving lunch...

Hehehe! Makiki-Thanksgiving for our Saturday family lunch! This was EXTRA SUPERKADUPER nyaraaaap!

Thankful for my family (they should win an award for putting up with me).
Thankful for my husband (na ang sarap ibully. also deserves a nobel peace prize)
Thankful for my two boys (who may fight a lot BUT it's proven that they really have each other's backs. They also make motherhood SO easy).
Thankful for my dog Cable (who looks at me na gandang ganda sya).
Thankful for my super unti, but true friends (nabawasan pa he he he)
Thankful for my BGP (I know she'll be my super pretty bantay na nandidilat when I do something bad). 
Thankful for BGP's family (Manong Fred, Ninang Marlene, Tito Jun, ate Minnie, and the beautiful titas) who helped me cope with losing her. 
Thankful for Titas of Tape (for always feeding and helping out kahit ang kulit ko.)
Thankful for workmates who "rescued" me kanina (secret kung ano pero I have photo proof).
Thankful for my job... The best. I wouldn't stay for 14 years if it's not.
Thankful for my boss. (too many why).
Thankful for BTS (yes seriously. They gave me so much happiness. Army forever).
Thankful for my laptop (very dependable).
Thankful that the two big guys na nakasabay namin sa elevator kanina did not rob us (wala lang I'm so praning).
Thankful for my 2 guardian angels who are working overtime. I swear.
Thankful for photoshop... nababawasan ko noo ko in pics. Ha ha ha ha!
Thankful to God, Jesus, Mother Mary Undoer of Knots, and Padre Pio, who helped me again with something. 
Thankful that there's water (even if an early announcement was made na mawawalan). 
And so much more.
Oh and thankful for Suga. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Thankful for everything. I know that the past month caused so much pain and sadness, but still, because of faith, there is always something to be thankful for. 
πŸ™‚


November 30, 2022

Seafood Paradise Robinson's Galleria!

Tried it out with Team BGP and the boys.

It was good naman kaso SUPER DAMI NG TAO!!!!!!!


December 15, 2022

For Andrei's birthday lunch with my family, we got his favorites....

(Yun lang I added lechon because it's MY favorite and we're paying. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!).



December 24, 2022

OUR NOCHE BUENA!!!! Soooo yum!!!!!



December 31, 2022

While on our way to the resort for our New Year's Eve getaway, we had lomi at KUYA LEVS. We saw this on tiktok many times and decided to try it. 

SOOOO YUM!!!!!! 



December 31, 2022

Our New Year's Eve dinner at the resort.

SARAP!!!! We finished it all.

Did you see the Crispy Pata? That's my idea. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

ENDING THE YEAR WITH OUR FAVORITES IS THE BEST ENDING OF ALL. 


==================

Did you get a migraine??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

So there you have it. Bye bye 2022.

Please naman 2023, be a MUCH better year. 

:) 

So there. 


++++++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYBGP

ILYD






4 comments:

  1. hi ms jaz waahhh ilang beses ba ako naiyak sa mga message mo for BGP...remember po nagmessage pa ako sayo sa IG before when i saw BGP sa glorietta that I also looked for you kung magkasama ba kayo...

    i can really relate because my daddy also died last March 18, 2022. and its true that I can smile and laugh and look happy, but my heart still aches everytime I remember my dad. supposed to be 50th anniv nila ng mom ko ng Sept. 2022 but he died on March already...i'm still so sad, but find comfort that he is not hurting anymore...ayan naiyak tuloy ulit ako...time heals all wounds daw...cge I will check if that is true tlaga haayyyy

    i hope katulad din ako ng isang reader mo na nafeature dito that have a picture with you hehehe because i am also a long time reader of yours hehehehe

    take care always ms jaz and suga wahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dearest Tine!!!!!!!!!

      Huhuhu... Sorryyyy.... Huhuhu... Me din I still cry at memories of her. Miss her soo much. She's one VERY beautiful person inside and out, tapos everybody loved her. It's a wonder talaga how she found me to be her best friend. Ha ha ha ha ha! Yes I remember. Ang pretty niya no??? Super pretty and bait. Sayang I was not with her para I saw you too.

      Oh no.... My condolences to you and your family :( What's his name? I'll include him in my everyday prayers for my Dad and BGP. I can't start to imagine the pain and loss you're feeling right now. Giving you one of my tightest hugs. I'm sure if I was there with you, umiyak na din ako.

      Di baaaaa??? We are trying to cope especially with our loved ones. We get happy moments pero kaya we laugh and smile, pero when we're alone and we remember them, ayun, sadness creeps in. Naku same tayo! My Dad also passed a year before his 50th with my Mom. Haaaaay :( Sorry but the pain will not go talaga... The tears will dry up in time (it took me years) and what will happen is you'll just get used to living life without your Dad. But the consolation is, the love is still very much there. My advice is pray pray pray....When you pray daw, malapit sya. I'm not much of a religious person talaga before but when I lost my Dad, I felt a certain connection to him as well when I prayed. :( Hope it will help.

      Ha ha ha ha ! Yes!!!!! syempre naman! If we see each other, okay lang magpapicture ha???? Sometimes kasi I get shy to ask pero sayo talaga I'll ask ha? Pero in the picture above, the pretty lady is BGP Mariane's cousin, ate Minnie. Tapos What happened was when I tagged her in our pic, the relative of her hub saw it and made that comment. H ah aha ha h! Kaya kakilig! But of course, when we see each other, isama talaga kita sa post! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

      You also dear Tine... Take care and please i'm giving my tightest hug. God bless you always.

      Oh and Suga says HI. H aha ha ha ha ha ha!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jaz, it’s Kat from Maryland US, hope you still remember me. I’m sorry to read about the loss of your best friend. I lost my best friend, my beloved husband on 12/29/22 so I know all too well the grief sadness but utter love you feel. I’ll be on a lifelong journey to grieve and heal and I know you will too, so here’s a hug from me to you. Xoxo.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hulloooo Kat!!! Of course I remember you!!!! I missed your messages. Thank you for remembering me too.

      I'm so sorry to hear that. I really don't know what to say. :( I cannot begin to imagine also how you feel. If I may ask, what happened? I'm really so sorry :( Sometimes I'm guilty to express my sadness and grief when other people are experiencing also more pain than me. So sorry for everything :(

      I learned that the pain really doesn't go away but the tears will dry up in time (but there will still be the occasional choke ups and teary eyed moments when you hear a familiar song or remember a special memory).

      When I lost my Dad, in time I was able to adjust and try to live my life without him. It's still very hard but I try to cope everyday.

      :(

      A very tight hug to you too :( If we're together I'm sure I cried with you already.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...