family collage

Monday, January 2, 2023

OUR AWESOME YAPPY 2022 (PART ONE)



Another year... Another blog.

And yep, IT'S 2022!!!!!

I know I have been one lazy (or busy?) girl from the previous year that I wasn't able to blog as much as I used to. OKAY fine. I admit. It's not just work, it's BTS! Ha ha ha ha ha! I promise though that I will be doing some changes this year.... 

And one of them is to be more active again in ERICJAZ FOODIES!

This will still be on a personal level though as I have always maintained how ERICJAZ FOODIES is like my online diary. Sometimes I have to admit that I'm doing this more also for myself then the happiness of the people I get to share it with is just the cool sweet end of the deal.

So here I am again with the recap of the year that was. I'm actually doing this on a January so I don't know what 2022 has in store. Like what I said in my New Year's post, this time I'm not gonna say "BRING IT ON," or "EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE BETTER." Instead, what I'm hoping more for now is that "
LET EVERYTHING WORK OUT with the help of the power of prayer."

So yep, I'm writing this right now, hopeful and still optimistic of what this year holds for all of us. And since it has helped me so much in the recent years, will believe in the power of prayer that whatever happens, everything will work out.

First things first though... Hmmmm... 1 month in and I have broken many numbers already. ESPECIALLY number 1!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!


Okay. This is not counted. Ha ha ha ha ha! Still, there are many items that I do promise to work on.

And was I able to accomplish them? Hopefully. In the meantime, sharing with you our important and memorable moments from the first quarter of 2022!!!!


JANUARY

January 1, 2022

IT'S A NEW YEAR!!!!!!


January 1, 2022

Treated Yub's family for dinner that night. It's been a long time since we saw them last, AND, syempre, sharing blessings cos it's Mati's birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!




Yep! My big guy is 18 na!!!!

As always, his request for his birthday is FAMILY ONLY!!! He also made lambing to his Tito Jon to cook steak. He he he he!





That night, treated the fam with Ate Jit and Anthony to KIMPURA because they weren't able to join that lunch (they were on the way back pa lang from the province).




Changed my profile pic again!!!!! 

Yep! If you're my friend on FB and you saw THIS. It's me. 

Sometimes I want to change it but Mommy found it so cute too kaya it's staying :) 



January 8, 2022

Haaaay Suga... You're so cute talaga. Let's bond lalo muna ha? For two weeks! Yehessss! 

Kidding! I have covid auuughhhhh!!! 

I'm not sure where I got it BUT, a strong suspicion is from Suga because he just returned to Korea and got sick. 

Tee hee...

What a way to start 2022 right??


January 10, 2022

AND Suga sent me something along with JK!

Pero babatukan ko kayo at na-tita pa! Che!

This is from Ate Jit... He he he he..





During my covid isolation, Shooky was my constant companion. 



January 14, 2022

One night I missed the "outside" world so much that I really  asked to see my baby Yoongie.

Hindi yung mga boys no? The baby cat talaga. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Yub said when he heard my boss, he was like looking and licking the screen. 

 He he he he!

Loneliness averted!!!! 


January 15, 2022

Was clearing out some stuff from my “jungle” when I came across this old meralco envelope that contained my gift from Daddyowzers from 2003.

It is moments like this that I’m so thankful to be a hoarder. I’ve kept so many gift/card envelopes with dedications that when my Dad passed, finding one was like a jackpot. I thought the last piece I had was the one that our angel accidentally threw away (sobra iyak ko non). So now, I got emotional again and very thankful that I was still able to find one. I really thought wala na.

Is it my Dad’s way of telling me that he’s still “nakabantay” while I’m at this “staycation?” I absolutely think so! I’m thinking that he’s really fulfilling what he said before (in my dream) that even when he’s gone he’ll still be around when we needed him.

And yes, you may laugh that our cash gifts are not in stylish cards or colorful ampaws. My Dad taught us the value of cherishing what’s inside and not the outer flashy appearances. That, and magastos pa magpabalot or bumili ng card. Hahahah! He’s right though because up to now, we didnt mind whatever the gift was in — we’ll always be super thankful. Hahaha!

Kaya really, keep all those notes or cards your loved ones give you. You’ll certainly know the value of it someday when you lose that person. Yes, kahit na used meralco envelope pa yan. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for “showing up” Daddyowzers. I love you. ๐Ÿ˜ž


January 16, 2022

Our insta-date — covid style!!!

In my jammies na when nagkayayaan to have our weekly “goodnight snack” at past 12am!!! Had yakisoba, chicharon, peanut butter toast, and coke zero (hehe). Saya and memorable infurnessss… Hehe!! Thanks Yub! 

#sorrySugangayonlang


January 19, 2022

And I’m out!!!!!

Getting the news that I had covidations, besides being worried that my family might get it, I was also concerned to do two things I hated the most: staying in my room for 10 days (I feel a bit claustrophic and always feel the need to go out for a change in scenery), and eating in my room (i HATE it cos I hate the thought of crumbs on my bed and on my floor — di ba I used pa the word hate 3 times???). But do it I have to, and in the end, it wasn’t so bad. Thankful that I didn’t experience any dangerous symptoms but to be honest I also enjoyed the time alone and being cared for my fam (except for 1 day hahaha).

So yes, things aren’t always as bad as it seems. I find, as always, there is something to be thankful for, learn, and even enjoy from it.

Good thing I have the best peeps waiting for me outside otherwise I might not leave the room na lang uli. Hahaha!


Kaya time to party party!

So yeah I hope this is the last of this series forever.

Bye Suga (for now). Kita tayo sa Korea!!! Teehee!


January 20, 2022

The boys made viral crab rangoons. Sooooo good!!!!


January 21, 2022

Yeah… This was my wish while I was in “captivity.” Hehe! Some asungots went with us to Rockwell but were nice to go somewhere else so we could have our “date night.” It was fun din naman when they joined us for coffee!

It was just us in Mamou so yay!! 

#alwayshappywithSTEAKhaha
#dontworrySugaikawkasamakonexttime
#focusonwhatmakesyouhappyandnotbitterlyhahaha


January 22, 2022

So many taekook moments!!!!!!! Hay my taekook heart!

I wonder what's the happening when I read this next year. He he he he he!


January 27, 2022

We have a new kitty cat — CATMAN SENNA!!!

Long story short, guard left it at our house cos he can’t take it home daw. Poor kitty has a limp and eye infection. Needs to be checked by vet, stat!

Very malambing too like Yoongi… Always staying by my foot.

He's supposed to be named TENTAY cos hey thought he's a girl. Buti na lang we checked and verified his butt online ha ha ha and the vet confirmed it. 


January 30, 2022

Catman Senna with a skirt he he he he



January 30, 2022

For Sunday family lunch thought of having a boodle boodle... AND, as what Boodle Boodle always does, it was sooooooo good!!!!!!!

While I was getting lunch ready, Mati and Andrei were so sweet with their Lola. They played Uno and played and played until their Lola won. Awwwww! So nice!!!!!!!


January 31, 2022

It's Chinese New Year's Eve and Andrei got some fireworks!

My bunso found the perfect reason to have some fireworks. We all stayed up (Mom and Kuya Jon included) till 12am to light up the sky like dynamite (naks).

Kung Hei Fat Choi!!!!

----

FEBRUARY

February 11, 2022

Our fun family Fridate with the Virreys! Wohoo!

Yep! My kind of gimmick these days are the ones with my guys. Always!

Also, first time to take out our doggie Cable in such a looong time! She was a very good girl (aka no cr public moments hahaah).

Super fun! Kitakits again!

#Sugakasamakapadinsapusoko


February 13, 2022

Celebrating Kuya Jay's bday in Valle Verde. We love it there because the food is sooooooo good!




February 13, 2022

Yoongie watching 80s music ha ha ha ha ha



February 14, 2022

Yub’s surprise Valentime’s dinner tonight: someplace daw we’ve never been to before — Mamou!!!

Me: Pero we ate na in Mamou already!!

Yub: But not in Ayala 30th!!

Ok fine! In the end, enjoyed dinner because we love the food in Mamou. Add to that, ang pogi ng date ko (ang sarap pa ibully). 

Thanks Yub! Mwah mwah!




February 14, 2022

Ayyyy snore snore....




February 19, 2022

The boys had another band practice at home. They are soooo good! As in awesome!! At their last practice one of our neighbours praised their sound and thought they were professionals. Yay!

SCAR is composed of…
Gab - Band leader, bass, vocals
Mati - lead vocals
Raymond - guitar
Franco - guitar
Andrei - drums


February 20, 2022

For the first time since the pandemic, our family was able to attend Sunday mass at our usual church in Santuario de San Jose. We then had brunch courtesy of Ate Jit and Anthony, and then coffee by Mommy and KJay. 

Yehessssss!!! Thanks for the treaaat! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The bunso then asked to go to his fave place, JB music, to check out drumming stuffff……



February 20, 2022

That night, Andrei and Yub watched PBAAAAA!




February 21, 2022

Got my driver's license renewed



February 21, 2022

Guilty brothers!!! As in they opened and threw the mosquito oil bottle on the floor!

Senna wanted to go in kasi he’s a lambing kitty.


February 23, 2022

My office treat!!!!


February 24, 2022

Second treat by office!!!!!!!


February 25, 2022

On the day of actual birthday, had a super fun BTS themed brunch with Tape/Annex gang in La Luna Cafe. We ate a lot and took a gazillion of photos! Hahahaha! Awesome start of the day!!! Thanks sooo so much for sharing my road to senior citizenship. Hahaha!


February 25, 2022

When I got home my family SURPRISED ME WITH THIS BTS BDAY SET UP!!! AS IN it’s my first time to be surprised kaya WOAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH! So happy! Suga arrived pa to celebrate this special day with me! Bwahaha!! 



Thank you sooo sooo much especially ate Jit for planning and everything!!!! Best day EVER!!



February 25, 2022

Kimpura dinner!

Of course, family birthdays are never complete without KIMPURA!




February 26, 2022

Whenever it’s my birthday, I promised myself to always visit and include my Daddyowzers in the celebrations. He was the one who made all my birthdays so memorable because of the effort and ideas/traditions he put in it. Talagang kami yung special come bday season!!! Kaya early Saturday, we went to his hometown to visit and had our favorite comfort food. Hehe!

Missing you as always Daddy! It has all been fun this week but I would give everything for you to be back and join us (para din ikaw magbayad.. joke haahah).

Love youuuu!





February 26, 2022

Had a fun bday getogether with Virrey fam and had mongolian, coffee, and tiktok!! Heheheeh!!!! More! More!!!

Also, opened my bday gifts (from fam) when we got home! Things soooo much!!!


February 27, 2022

Treated my family to Sunday luuuunch!!!

Had crabs... salmon... crispy pata... cake... the works.

Suga had so much fun too! H aha ha ha ha!



MARCH




March 2, 2022

Suga daw asked my friends BB Anne and Ate Dalden to give this to me because he’s so guilty that he’s always at rehearsals. Haaaay… It’s okay I’ll just be here… waiting for you…

Bwahahahaah!!!

Things sooo much for my BTS gooooodiesssss!!! What a nice welcome to March!!!!!!



March 4, 2022

Fridateeeeeee… Long time no see. Sorry busy with Suga! Hehe! Thanks for the treat dear Gem and Jojieeee! Had so much fun tonight!





March 5, 2022

Outing with mommy!

Saturday gimik with the Mommy! Yayyyy! Her first official night out since the pandemic started. FINALLY she agreed to go out. Time to party tugs! Tugs!




March 9, 2022

OMG it's the birthday of my loves....

Yes. Talagang pinaghandaan ko ha ha ha ha ha!

HAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Suga!!!! Hehehehe!

Oo na natuluyan na! Hahaah! But it’s all just in the spirit of good ol’ BTS fun! And that’s what these guys (especially my Bias Wrecker Yoongie) always give me - awesome happy vibes even if I’m weirder than usual. Haha!!!



My Korean treat for the family because it's Suga's birthday!

Borahaeeee! Im not wearing Converse ah! Tee hee!

Oh and be thankful to have people around you who support your BTS happiness. Haha!





ANNNND IT'S THE YUB'S BIRTHDAY

We usually sing at the strike of 12am but since we wanted to surprise the Yub, Suga agreed to do it earlier. Teheheee!

Infer, the Yub got really surprised! Hahaah!

We got the help pa of Suga ha ha ha ha ha!





As part of Yub's birthday celebration, he treated us to a BTS concert!!! Yessss! Thanks Yub!!!!!!

Thanks Yub for lunch AND for treating us to Permission to Dance concert plus the food!!!!!!




March 15, 2022

This was when I got the news that my BGP Mariane needs to do a full liver transplants. Praying every day for her recovery and healing.

Putting this out here because I want next year to this just be a bad memory that we were all able to overtake. 




March 15, 2022

Exactly one year ago today, I clicked on the video of BTS performing their latest song "Dynamite" at the Grammys. Little did I know that it will be the start of a super exciting and awesome journey that I would forever be on!

Thank you BTS for making me believe that kindness and goodness are still worth something in this world. You all made me so happy that I didn't waste time na on trivial matters. Positivity and kiliti vibes will always be the top of my "what shall I feel today" list.  Thank you also for proving that tradition and family are very important. 

Borahae!!!!

Oh and ke popogi nyo pa!!!!!!! Lalo ka na Sugaaaa!

Taekook is REALLLL!

Forever proud Army here!!!!!

Happy Anniversary to us BTS!!! Yihiiiiiiii!!!! Date tayo!



March 18, 2022

Treated the Yub for his birthday at MAMOU!!!!

The boys were supposed to go with but when we invited them, they were like MEH. Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! When we were kids if we got invited to Jollibee by my parents it was a happy day!

Kids today are so jaded!

O sya kami na lng!



March 22, 2022

Attended the 1st year death Anniv of Karen....

She was not just a sister-in-law or daughter-in-law — we considered her as our true sister and, for mommy, her daughter. We miss her delicious cooking, her kwentos, her weirdness (like us), her knowledge, her feistiness, and many more.

It’s your first year in heaven dear Karen but you’ll forever be in our family. We’ll continue to pray for the eternal repose of your soul. Don’t worry. Ill continue to bully your little squirt. Hehe! ๐Ÿ™‚!




March 24, 2022

Made green goddess salad and sent some to BGP plus with somethins!


March 26, 2022

FINE!!!!!!!!! CHE!




March 26, 2022

Zaifu dinner with my little squirts... but then I felt somebody watching me. 




March 27, 2022 

Sunday family mass and lunch! Thank you Mommers for the treat! Kami dapat magpay kaso nasa CR naman kaming lahat nung nagbayad ka. Tsk tsk… Hahaahah!

That part was soooo funny!



March 28, 2022

And I used to like him!!!! Sooo disappointed!

Tapos the way he celebrated in the after party like DUH... no remorse at all???

The NERD! Ha ha ha ha!



March 30, 2022

Andreis video ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

He made this video highlighting the platforms of all candidates. It ended with Yub saying "KAKALIKUTIN KO ANG BUHAY MO!!!" This is a private joke within our fam. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Guess who really said it???



March 30, 2022

Ended the month with a sad note. 

Rest in peace Ate Gigi (she's my Dad's niece via a cousin). We'll miss you!



APRIL

April 2, 2022

why can't I be with Suga...

I really don't get why people laugh when I say this!


April 2, 2022

Dinner treat by Kuya Jay!


April 6, 2022

It's our Anniversawy and syempre, it gave us reason to eat out!!!!

Had a great dinner at COWRIE GRILL....! Thanks Yub!


April 7, 2022

Since the Yub and I enjoyed dinner so much, we treated the family the next day! 

Celebrating Mommy and Daddy's anniversary too.


April 8, 2022

And this is how we show our love to family — cariรฑo brutal with a whole lotta alaskahan. Hahahahaah! Pikons are lowsers!

Love reading this exchange again and again. Tee hee!


April 9, 2022

Going to Allegiant for BTS concert! BWA HA HA HAHA A! Kidding!!!!!


Kitakits with Yub's family


April 13, 2022

The Yub and I treated Mommy to Shabu Shabu because boys were all away....


April 16, 2022

Holy Week!

Naku! Good luck I hope I could blog it! Ang dami ko pang utang! Huhuhu!


April 17, 2022

Singit lang that THIS is the best election poster EVER.


April 17, 2022

BTSSSS!


I told my fam to eat ahead for dinner since I was stuck in traffic going home.

When I arrived, I got ready to eat by my lonesome and watch BTS taekook tiktoks.

Yun lang, was sooo touched that my 2 boys, Mati and Andrei kept on saying that they’ll stay with me. We (especially my Mom and Dad) have this thing with the family that nobody eats alone at the table especially if they’re late cos of work or school. As in lagi nila kami sasamahan. Didnt want to deprive the boys of their after dinner playtime so I told Mati na that Im gonna be okay. He checked on me later though.

My bunso naman said again and again that he’ll keep me company because he didnt want me to be alone daw. Awwww…  So he stayed with me and we had a good talk while I was eating. I knew he’s supposed to play with his buddy so I really felt special that he’s with me.

So thankful that they are also following this family habit/practice of ours. I guess they also felt the love growing up.

(Magawa nga din kay Suga).


April 21, 2022

Tried out Hokkaido Ramen Santouka with Yub.


April 22, 2022

Kitakits with Team Virrey!

We meet Friday weekly for dinner kaya if you're in Rob Mag that time, you'll see us in CBTL. Ha ha ha ha ha!


April 23, 2022

Yub and his snoring and yahooing


I got soooo many messages about this post but please, do take not that we're SO okay. As in parang nanood lang kami ng live action. 

Still thankful though. Ha ha ha ha ha!


April 29, 2022

When you don't post anymore na kasi EVERY WEEK NA LANG!


April 30, 2022

Finally met the Sorianos

Super fun Saturday lunch with the Sorianos! Yum food and funny yet soulful chatter. Thanks for having us in your lovely home.

Kitakits again…. in Mamou. Joke. Hahah!


=========================

MOVIES


January 4, 2022

Fell asleep (hahaha) but loved this part. Of course, will still pay respect to the “classics” and its “offsprings” (as long it’s not Star Wars 7,8,9).


January 7, 2022

My new bonding with the bunso Andrei — The Good Doctor with blackhead removal vids on the side. Tee heee!!!

We’re also deciding if we’ll put make up on the Yub because he’s sleeping and snoring like a whale beside us (nakakanganga pa). Haha!



January 22, 2022

Didn’t expect to like this but we did! Forgetting the 2016 one. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm not a fan anymore of kids rule the world themes... but I love how they paid respects to my favorite character - Egon. 

January 24, 2022

Great series now at season 4! Can’t stop with just one ep.

OZARK!!!!!

January 29, 2022

In Book of Bobba Fett, the Mandolorian is back!!!

Awesome! Watching with my favorite guy whom I’m so thankful that he didnt get kulit from my questions. Heheh!

Pareng Din Djarin was my crushes before BTS. Tee hee!!!


February 2, 2022

Finished!!! It’s good but we liked Kingdom more cos this has more drama (aka emo).

Crush daw ni Yub yung archer. Me the pogi one na Jason Abalos lookalike who was pogi at the start tapos later bumaba ang hair nagmukha nang meh. Hahaha (babaw).


February 23, 2022

Inventing Anna and Tindler Swindler

AND this is why I am not impressed with those who are so flashy!!!

๐Ÿ™‚

I said it once and I'll say it again... These people are sooo talented with talking and convincing people -- why not put it into something that's legal?? Oh well. 

We liked Tindler Swindler more, btw. He he he he!


February 6, 2022

Saturdate with the best gimik-mates ever!

Because of the pandemic, my outings are limited. That’s why I make sure it’s always going to be with family!

And finally after 2 years, we watched a movie at the Powerplant Cinema! Yayyy! ๐Ÿ™‚


April 6, 2022

Started on this because I love reel to real love stories (also I needed some thing to lower my high blood over that stupid grammy scammy). Hehehe! ๐Ÿ™‚ My first koreanovela. Hope we like it enough to finish it.


April 11, 2022

I’ve always liked Oscar Isaac and it’s great to see him in a totally different character. He still looks like the vulture from Muppets though. Hehe!


April 23, 2022


It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Also, it was a pleasant surprise to find Robert Pattinson to be actually good in it.

STILL.... I like Christian Bale's version more.


April 26, 2022

Nacho and Harold died!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!


=======================

STAYCATIONS

March 6, 2022

YAYYYY our first beach trip for the year!

I hope it won't be the last. So fun!!!!!!!!!!!

PUNTA FUEGO BABYYYYYY!


April 18, 2022

Yoongie enjoying our home too much... Ha ha ha ha ha!


=======================

FOOD TRIPS


January 7, 2022

Our dinner... cannot go out for Mati bday gimmik... So he chose the dinner!!!!


While I had covid, look what BGP and Manong Fred sent!!!

Soooo YUM buttered shrimps!!!!!





Also received this moist and ultra yum Banana Bread from MY PAO'S KITCHEN!


January 22, 2022

Did the viral goddess salad from tiktok and it was gooooood!


January 23, 2022

My friend G-ni sent me some ginormous bags of popcorn!!!! WOHOOOOO! Hindi ako mamimigay har de har har! Kidding! Thanks again!!! ๐Ÿ™‚


For those in QC get from her store in Taters Maginhawa!


February 1, 2022

Our Chinese New Year dinner — dimsum, fried spare ribs, Chinese lumpia, pansit, and…. Kung Hei Fat Choi may TIKOY!


February 12, 2022

Ate at Mamma Mia nad soooo good!!!!




The spread at my BOITHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


March 12, 2022

My pre-birthday treat for the Yub with his craving for the night — Ramen!!! ๐Ÿ™‚





Yub birthday food

The Yub’s birthday mass and Sunday lunch with mah family and his favorite cat! Hehe!!!

These were all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNNNN GOOD!!!!!


April 9, 2022

Food!!!!!!!

PALAISDAAANN WOHOOO!!!

The last time we had this was 2 years ago!


April 23, 2022

Dinner at Hokkaido with fam!!!


===== 

ANNNNND that's how it is for our first quarter.

So sorry I'm not blogging as much as I used to. So busy with work. Don't worry, I'm enjoying work naman.

BUT... I promise talaga to be more active na again with ERICJAZ FOODIES!!!! 

Check out the next quarterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

SO.

THERE.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

ILYBGP
:(


ILYD 




2 comments:

  1. Nice to know na mag active ka na ulit... Been following you talaga ehh...kakagood vibes kasi... Simula nung di ka na nag update, sa insta na lang kita pinafollow..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much dear ECG for your kind words. I really love ERICJAZ FOODIES and this year talaga would do my best to post more. Thank you again and hope to meet you!!!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...