family collage

Friday, December 20, 2013

BRGR: THE BURGER PROJECT

I read somewhere before that "A burger by any other name would taste as sweet.  But I guess the case is not the same if you drop by in Jupiter street, Makati City and head to the doors of BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT.

(Just to be clear though, WHATEVER I'm reading turns into food especially when I'm hungry.So you could just imagine how hard it was for me to cope when I was leafing through "HUNGER GAMES" with an empty stomach.  As a result, Peeta became more of an actual bread than a victor. 

So don't shoot or write off Shakespeare on my referral above {HA! Like you would and could!}. Besides, I'm sure if there WERE burgers during his time, he would write the same thing!).

Anyway, a burger may always be JUST a burger. But in BRGR: THE BURGER PROJECT, the boundaries of deliciousness of YOUR burger is limited to your imagination. It is up to you to make all the life altering decisions (well possibly... he he he) on what type of bread or toppings that goes into your sandwich. Then when all has been said and done, you seal the deal by naming your BRGR creation.  

So you see, for you dear hungry eater, there may be other names or there may be other ways for your burger. But however you look at it, what you have before you is your little meaty handiwork. And with the help of the BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT, no matter how you name your little beef sucker, the taste will not be JUST AS.  But something more of the extraordinary and incomparable to what the other layman has come up with.

Oh I bet that dear old Shakespeare was not thwarted with THAT kind of "power". Tee hee!

Kidding! 






BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT!





BRGR started out in Maginhawa street, Quezon City (where PINO and Breakfast and PI's now stand). Now it is continuing it's "burger mission" in Jupiter street, Makati City. Yey!!! 

Yey is me! This is much nearer to our place!!!





BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT has a semi-self service setting where you go to the counter and place your orders. 





Don't be discouraged though and think that in BRGR, you are ALWAYS pressured to  whip up what burger you like (yes my brain cells hurt sometimes). You could just choose from their many special burgers that will surely please any discriminating palate.  






But for me, I wanted to come up with something that is nonpareil on this BRGR night that I will MAKE MY OWN BURGER! 





But then, there was a LOT of selections to choose from that I felt like I was back in High School struggling on my examinations again! 

(Yup! That's my "thinking" face. Comes with wrinkled brows. He he he he!)





In BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT, the process is really simple but, like I said, you will be tempted to just check away from their choices of  awesome ingredients!



HOW TO MAKE YOUR BURGER: 

1.  Choose your burger: 
 100% Angus (P135/each) 100% Beef (P110/each), Chori (P110/each), Tofu (P95/each), or Chicken (P110/each)





You could get up to 3 patties on your BRGR! Just be careful not to get a locked jaw!







NEXT!

2.  Choose your bun: 
Sesame Seed (FREE with Burger), Potato Bun (20),  Oatmeal Bun (P20) for vegans, and Brioche (P25)

Their Brioche bun is worth a try since it is specially baked in their head quarters and are sold separately for the hungry public! Perfect for breakfast or for your own sandwich party at home!


THEN
3.  Choose your Cheese:  (P35 each)
Bleu, Garlic Cream Cheese, Mozzarella, Gruyere, Cheddar, Cheese Sauce,







AND THEN.... 

4. Choose your Premium Toppings (add P25 each):
Bacon, Chili con carne, Caramelized Onions, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Onion Rings, Sauteed Mixed Mushrooms, and Fried Portabello 

OR choose from the best things in life that are free!
Toppings: 
Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Pickles come FREE with the burger.







LAST but not the least... 

6. Choose your Sauce: (add P20 each):
Wasabi Mayonnaise, BBQ Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Marinara, Honey Mustard, Pesto, Buffalo Wings Sauce, Special BRGR Sauce, Garlic Sauce, Steak Sauce (P30).





After an hour (tee hee) I was done! I submitted my "proposal" to the pretty BRGR server!






Check out my husband's order sheet. Notice anything similar from mine?

Yep... He was actually an hour before me and ordered ahead. (Actually he was done wolfing down his burger when I came in... Tsk tsk tsk... ).

I guess we are really MFEO... We named our BRGR projects the same way! 

THE JAZZIE BURJER and EJ'S BURJER.

Awwwwwwwwwww...

MFEO is MADE FOR EACH OTHER just in case you were not able to watch SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE. Tee hee! 






Check out my husband's lover... este... BRGR... :) 

May look oh so plain jane to you but he was able to wipe everything in a New York minute! 






Most definitely, he LOVED the BRGR beef patties!!! Everything was just so meaty that he was burping out beef come night time (oh woe is me.... ).

According to Chef Edward Bugia, owner of BRGR: THE BURGER PROJECT, they use 100% beef in their patties. He made it very crystal clear that there are NO EXTENDERS. Unlike other burger joints who add eggs or flour to bind their patties, Chef Edward uses a specially formulated binding powder so that the meat won't crumble up when cooked. 






The result? Ultra juicy, meaty burgers that gives you a beef hearty bite everytime!!!




Here's my JAZZIE BURJER with jalapenos, caramelized onions, bleu cheese, and bacon!






(possible tv commercial shot)

Here's me taking a nice bite out of my special BRGR Jazzie Burjer.... 






(banned in all countries shot... ha ha ha ha!)

Here's me ACTUALLY taking a bite out of my BRGR Jazzie Burjer! Ha ha ha ha!

I only got one beef patty for my sandwich and it was STILL so big!






Oh yes... THAT is where dreams are made of....

See? All meat!






Next time I'm at BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT, I'll add more unimaginable toppings to my sandwich!






Like this one too! Those fried portabello mushrooms and double special cheese topping seem so inviting!

Come to me.....





Even Kathi of MUCKING AROUND MANILA has a creation that is as pretty and delicious like her!






Of course with great BRGR comes great responsibility... este... sidings!

Don't forget to get some of BRGR's special munchies to go with your BURGER!

Onioni Rings (P85.00)!





I was not too keen on the BRGR Animal Fries (P135.00) because I felt it was just too much cheese over cheese-action for me. My husband loved it though...






EVEN with the sweet onions!






I fancied the BRGR Truffle Fries more (P165.00)!





Of course when you're in BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT, don't forget to try their chili cheese fries (P145.00)! It may be a bit heavy to chomp on with your burger but it is already a delicious dish on its own.

Doesn't that just look purty??






But hey, ALWAYS leave room for some of BRGR's exceptional milkshakes!!! They are yes, one of the BEST I've had!!!!





You could never go wrong with milkshake made from 5 scoops of ice cream per glass!

Yup! You read that right... 5 WHOLE, BULGING, FULL scoops of deeelicious ice cream!

I don't care if this goes all to my fat hips. It's already big anyway! My hips I mean.

Here's my strawberry nummy yummy milkshake (P150.00)!





BRGR's dark cherry chocolate milkshake!






Of course, if milkshake is not your thing, you could always go for an ice cold glass of soda (P60.00) or iced tea (P40.00).







Burp! Such a great meal for us ERICJAZ FOODIES!!!! 

Happy tummy... happy wifey... happy life for my Yubski! HAR DE HAR HAR!






Yup! I was SO happy with our BRGR meal that I can't help but admire Chef Edward from afar (afar daw o) while he was giving us a bit of background about the BURGER PROJECT!







Night of great food was made more awesome by the ultimate company of KTG (Kain Tulog Gang)!!! 

(l-r) Joanna Magalong and Jeeves de Vera (ABS CBN), Len de Guzman and hub (THE MOMMIST), Kathi Raneses and Jericho San Miguel (MUCKING AROUND MANILA), Spanky Enriquez (THE DAILY SPANKS), Rina Zamora (RINA'S RAINBOW), Richie Zamora (THE PICKIEST EATER), Gerry San Miguel (DUDE FOR FOOD), Prince William and Princess Kate (tee hee)!!!!






HOWEVER, they chose not to make me a part of it... Woe is me...

EVEN MY HUB LEFT ME! Why that....!!!!!


HA HA HA HA!





Thank you to Chef Edward Bugia for having ERICJAZ FOODIES at BRGR : THE BURGER PROJECT!







Of course super kaduper thanks goes out to dear Spanky Enriquez for inviting me and the hub for this ultra great night!!!





EXPERIENCE IT!

LET'S EAT!




BRGR: The Burger Project
38 Jupiter St
Bel-Air, Makati
(02) 550-1781



Check them out in FACEBOOK!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...