family collage

Monday, February 3, 2020

BENCH CAFE (GREENBELT)


One night, ERICJAZ FOODIES set out to meet up with Team Mina for dinner. After a looooooooooooooooong discussion where to meet up (mostly from Manong Fred), we ended up in BENCH CAFE!




I have heard many raves about BENCH CAFE that my hungry and curious tummy got its force awakened (he he he he). Originally I was going to veer away from Filipino food tonight (because I was watching my carb intake) but since I wanted to try this out SOOOO much, I forgot about my initial aversion to rice.






Inside, the place was bright, chic, and had so much space. You would think that prices were expensive.

Let's hope not!




Good thing BENCH CAFE had many available tables that night so we were able to get seats pronto.




BENCH CAFE servers were very nice and helpful to first timers like us!


ROLL CALL!!!!


The ugly Yub and MEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!



BGP Mariane and Manong Fred!




BENCH CAFE menu 1...




BENCH CAFE menu 2...




BENCH CAFE menu 3...




BENCH CAFE menu 4...




BENCH CAFE menu 5!!

I don't know about you but I'm loving the prices! So affordable!




Table setting was very simple but the earthy placemats added a nice color to it.



LET'S EAT!




The Yub and I decided to share the BENCH CAFE Lechon Kawali Bench To (P269.00) because I don't think I could finish it.




BENCH TO is like a play on the BENTO food boxes of Japan but with this, it had that "carinderia" influence to it.




We upgraded our order to Dilis Rice and wowzaaaa... What a great choice!!!! This was certainly our mind-blowing dish for the night! I already loved the flavors of their garlic rice but adding the crispy and salty bites of fried dilis made it already a meal in itself. SOO GOOD! If I was not on a diet I could finish a whole platter of this!




BENCH CAFE Lechon Kawali was good but nothing out of the extra ordinary. It went so well with the provided condiments though.




The veggie for the day was a petite serving of veggies in coconut milk. Quite good! This also paired so well with our Dilis rice.




Would love to try out their other viands next time. 




And since we're controlling our carbs, we decided to get a small plate of BENCH CAFE Pancit Sisig (P179.00)... Ha ha ha!




Another winner of a dish!!!

The sisig was very flavorful and went so well with the springy noodles. 

I know it could be a  mortal sin but I am SO going to eat this with rice.




TADAAAAAH!!!!



The BGP got an order of BENCH CAFE Kesong Puti Pandesal (P135.00)!




She said that it was good but it just had too much mayonnaise for her taste.




They also got a BENCH CAFE Street Food Platter (P149.00)!




It may not look much but promise it's a lot. Nakatikim tuloy kami. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!




Manong Fred also got the BENCH TO meals and had the Pork Barbecue Skewer (P249.00)!




For his tray he got 3 full sticks of Pork Barbecue. It was good daw.




ERICJAZ FOODIES with BGP Mariane and Manong Fred in BENCH CAFE!




For dessert, we got the BENCH CAFE Ube halo halo (P149.00)!




The Yub tried out the petite BENCH CAFE Banana Con Yelo (P75.00). 

This dessert was very refreshing. The shaved ice were so fine that you'd think you're having scoops of ice cream. He was able to finish this in no time. 




I had a glass of their Brown Sugar Milk Tea. It's fine but I just found it too sweet for my taste. The Yub also finished this.




Tee hee.... May naglalandian....




Our BENCH CAFE bill!

Affordable right???



The bill came via these small aluminum trays made like can lids. 

AY ANG GANDA AYSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!




Even if we already had dessert, I was still craving for some more ice cream. So we passed by Coldstone...




Ay nako. Manong Fred is doing THAT on purpose!

============ 




What an awesome night out! So worth the LOOOOOOOOOOOONG discussion. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!





SO.

THERE.



BENCH CAFE
Level 2, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, 
Greenbelt, Makati City
+63 9176342825



+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...