family collage

Monday, May 27, 2024

OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE (LONDON 2024)



While planning our itinerary in our LONDON TRIP 2024, we focused not just on the museums and historical sites but also on the restaurants!!!

We were able to go to a  lot of places but one of places I really wished to go to was OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE. 

You may be thinking... Why would we want to have Korean food when we should just be focusing on Fish and Chips, Sunday Roasts, English Breakfasts, etc????

Well... Let's just say that this BTS fan has learned that OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE is the restaurant that my favorite group went to in LONDON, and if I cannot (yet) be in their presence via a concert, then I will at least go somewhere proven that they have been to, so I could at least get a bit of their essence.

Yeah. Gross I'm gross I know. Ha ha ha ha ha! 

Anyway, the bad news is that as expected, didn't get to see or catch BTS' essence (ha ha ha ha). The good news is that I saw some of their actual autographs and I was able to take pictures with it. So I was able to touch something that they did... WOAH (shivers).

OH and the food was very good too! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Sharing our dynamite of a dinner in OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE and if you're a true blue BTS fan, it is indeed worth a visit. Hoewever even if you're not a BTS fan (like, what is wrong with you???) but craving for some Korean grub while in London, you could check this always packed resto too! 

Yup! Because if BTS loves it, then it's really recommended! He he he he he he he he he! 


Woohooo! I'm at OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE!!! 



It was a whole day of going around for us in awesome London!



Going around Leicester Square (ahem ahem... pronounced as "LESTER" square). 




The big guys were hungry but were still game for some pics. 




Of course, my "picture taking time" has a time limit because tummies were grumbling. Ha ha ha ha ha!




BUT... we made the most out of enjoying the twinkly lights here. 




FINE. FINE. One more for the road. 



And were here!




There is no reservations in OLLE so we stood in line.

We went there earlier though and the maitre d' assured us there would be many available tables later.

KE KE KWENNGGG.  Full house!

At least it means the resto (may) serve good food!



This is us outside looking in.... 




Are those what I think it is??????



After only about a 10 minute wait, we were inside. The maitre d I talked to earlier (in blue) said they were getting our table ready for us downstairs. 

And yep. What I see behind her are ACTUAL PROOFS THAT BTS WAS FRIGGIN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now let me fan-girl for a while...

YIHIIIII! OMG!!!




There's the framed signature of Jin.... 



Of Jimin.... 




AND my original bias... JUNGKOOK!!!!!!!




My bias now is Suga as I "bestowed" Jungkook to V (#taekookisreal ha ha ha ha). Too bad that my fantasy bf did not go here. 




I took a helluva lot of pictures and it's nice that the maitre d understood my "love" for BTS.

Later on though she found me weird already. Ha ha ha ha ha ah!

(Yep. That's how much pictures I took). 

Anywho.....




This is the first floor of OLLE. Space  was limited yet they were able to maximize their area for tables without that feeling crampiness. 



This was the downstairs area of OLLE. 

I find this area more spacious and had more of the Korean restaurant vibe/action. 



ALSO, this was where BTS dined. BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA... Just sayin.... GRABE imagine if they were also here??? Like OMIGUUUURDDDDDDDDDDD.... 



Wohooo! FINALL settled in at OLLE!

ROLL CALL!




The Yubhub and Mati guy!




Me and the baby bunso Andwei!





Le menu!

Wasn't able to take a pic of each page though. Ha ha ha ha! Soweeee!




Orderin!




Service in London was always accommodating and professional. Don't expect warmth and uber friendliness like in the US or Philippines, but they're fast, respectful, and efficient!!!!!!! Now those are more major points for me!



Yowhoo! OLLE food is here.

Now don't expect them to offer UNLI in OLLE (ha ha ha ha ha) but their grub was mighty fine!




OLLE Pork Belly (14.90GBP / P1,105.00)!




Fat slices of pork!!! These were unmarinated so we'll just dip it in the dipping sauces provided. 




OLLE Chadol Bagi (18.50GBP / P1,372.00)!

Also loving the fat to meat ratio!



These cooked up in a jiffy!




OLLE Soy Garlic Chicken (14.90 GBP/ P1,099.00)!

Fried in crispy batter then tossed in a slightly sweet sesame soy sauce. 

Yum!

FINGER LICKIN GOOOOOD!



OLLE Kimchi Jigae (13.80 GBP / P1,017.00)




Spicy and rich with kimchi flavors. So perfect to slurp on and spoon over steamed white rice!




ERICJAZ FOODIES with the little guys in OLLE!!!!!!!!!




Frying up the meats!




Like I mentioned above, the meats in OLLE menu were mostly not marinated. They however provided dipping sauces and other seasonings so we could flavor to our taste. 




Missing garlic and gochujang sauce though so I requested for it. 

Now as much as I love London, my only beef there is that EVERYTHING costs something ha ha ha ha! There is no free extra for you. 

Unlike here in the Philippines or in the US where they will at least inform you that there's an extra charge for some requests, in London they'll just agree to get some and then you'll just see it on the bill.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!




We fried the pork to crispy goodness! Yum!




Food in OLLE may be simple but it was still truly satisfying. 

Certainly made our tummies and hearts happy!

Now you see it... 




Now you dont!!!!

FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Our OLLE bill!

This was P6,215.00 in peso!!!!!! He he he he he he he!



It was time to go so we went up and I asked to go to the restroom so as to delay leaving the place. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!




Awwww bye bye...




I took my last set of pictures and I swear the maitre d was finding me weird already. 

Okay fine! We're going! We're going!


It's great that amidst the special dishes in London, we were still able to enjoy one of our favorite cuisines (that was recommended by our idols he he he he he). 

Some may call it a tourist trap but for me it's still the closest experience I could get with BTS (for now) and yep, with delicious Korean food at that!

YOOO TO THE HOO!

SO.


THERE.


OLLE KOREAN BARBECUE
88 Shaftesbury Ave, London W1D 6NH,
United Kingdom
+44 20 7287 1979




+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD and BGP





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...