family collage

Monday, January 11, 2021

OUR YAPPY 2020 (PART THREE)


And there you have it. The last trimester of the year. I know I have been saying this over and over again, but let me say it once more: who would have thought that 2020 was going to turn out THIS way????

Now the expression "Hindi naman aalis ang (destination) na yan..." is just so ironic now. With the pandemic, as much as we wanted to go somewhere, we cannot do so. For everyone's good, we have to stay at home or limit our social life unless it's something very important.

It is so sad too that we have friends and relatives who've had deaths in their families. I could only imagine the pain they are going through during this time where everything was just beyond our control. It's just unfortunate that we also cannot be with them during this very difficult time. Instead, we offered prayers for their loved ones. Just overwhelming na talagang "sunod-sunod."

May be hard to believe but the saying "There's no place like home" gives much comfort now. It got me realizing that even with the crises going on, we should still all be thankful especially if we have a loving home to sleep in.

So yes, 2020 may be a very trying year for all of us but let's just try to see what we could learn from the experience. Corny as it may sound, I believe that from the darkness there will always be light. So really, let us learn from what happened to us in 2020 and be ready with a positive attitude for 2021. Things may not return to what it used to be but let us just be thankful for what we still have.

With that, let's take a break from the defiant "Bring it on 2021" or focusing on greeting the new year with a glamorous bang. Instead, let us say our prayers and believe that everything will be better soon.

Until then, let us still thank the Lord and appreciate all of the blessings that He has bestowed us this year. Believe me, there is still a lot. Hence, this post. I'm taking notice of all of it. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Promise, we still had a good 2020. For 2021, let's all pray, that it will be great!

YEHESSSS! 




SEPTEMBER


September 1, 2020

September greeted us with a blessing!!

With the current pandemic, we know how just having a job is something to be thankful for. To be promoted however, was something else. That's why we're all so happy that Yub's hard work has paid off. He really deserves this!

Ayan, pwede na talaga akong humilata! Ha ha ha ha! Kidding.


September 1, 2020

I was so happy I made an emoji! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Kidding! I saw a lot of people doing this online that syempre, I made gaya gaya putomaya.


September 3, 2020

The busy boys during online classes.

I'm so thankful that they’re old and independent enough to be left alone during online classes. They wake up and set up everything by themselves!!

Also, I'm really for the physical classrom set-up but I like that I don't have to wake up early in the morning for their breakfast. Ha ha ha ha ha! The boys just drink their milk before classes and have breakfast during recess. It's hot and freshly cooked too!!! At least it's not at an ungodly hours of 5:30am! 9:30am naman! He he he he he!


September 3, 2020

Hay naku!!!! Thank you po talaga! I'm really a believer in the power of prayers. I cannot really go into detail but let's say somebody close to me who's sick with C is getting better. Haaayy! Thank you po talaga God! Will continue praying.


September 4, 2020

I was having coffee while Mati was having his quick breakfast when we heard a little hustle from the kitchen outside. When I checked, it was Andrei rinsing the bigas for the rice cooker.

Me: “What are you doing there?”

Andrei: “I’m on break e. I’m bored kaya magsaing na lang ako!”

Awwww! Magaling! Magaling! Magpapalaba na din ako sayo!

Seriously though, can’t be more proud of this cute guy who has put to heart his house chores.

Yan ang Bosconian! Masipag sa lahat! ๐Ÿ™‚


September 11, 2020


I told the boys that they could play videogames and surf the net as long as they're done with schoolwork. One time however, I caught Mati not marking a task as DONE upon submission. I told him that even if the act is not graded, it is still expected as part of their schoolwork. So with that, he was suspended from playing videogames that day.

The next day, I saw the note above on his desk. Somebody took to heart too much my reminders for him last night. May fine print pa! Ha ha ha ha! ๐Ÿ™‚


September 11, 2020

I saw this question posted in one of my groups and I never hesitated to answer that between P2 million or having a walk with my Dad, I chose the latter.

I'm trying to imagine what would I choose if the amount was higher and I can't help but think that I'll still go for seeing my Dad again. Yun lang I also can't help thinking how my Dad would say “Hina nito dapat yung pera kinuha mo! Mas mahalaga naman yon!!!" Haha!

Sorry Daddy but I have to disagree with you on that. He he he he!


September 14, 2020

It may not be obvious but I believe this one really.

As parents, we think that if we would always be there to fix our kids problems, everything will be alright. I thought that before if I prepare everything for my kids, they'll be inspired to do it all themselves. 

A BIG NO.

We should really let our kids experience failures, hardships, and problems. This is so that they'll learn how to solve it the next time they'll encounter it. If we're always fixing it all for them, they'll be used to having somebody else to clean up their mess. Of course, we should still be there to guide them but they should be really left on their own.

When one of my boys was in grade school, he had problems with Math. Many times the Yub and I would talk to the teacher and make pakiusap or ask for extra work. Hay naku, that happened year after year -- nothing changed.

One failing semester again however, I decided to put my foot down. I said "Son, if you fail this subject, sorry but Mommy and Daddy won't talk to your teacher anymore. You should be the one to fix this problem. And if you fail, then you'll have to attend summer classes or repeat the year."

 He thought yata I was joking because in the first 2 sems, he failed. He then realized that I was serious.   So in the 3rd and 4th quarters, he really worked hard and studied. Thank God he passed. He got such a good grade in the last quarters that it pulled up the failures at the start. His average was pasang awa but it was okay. At least he passed and on his own efforts.

After that, something in my son changed. As in ang sipag na nya. The Yub and I don't need to remind him to do anything anymore. He'll finish everything proudly. Now, he's even like "Mommy I want to have the top grade in class!"

AWWWW! I'm not asking him to do that but I love that he's having goals.

Actually meron pa kwento on how he dealt with a group who kicked him out and bullies, but baka magalit na siya. And yes, he was able to solve it all!


September 17, 2020

I have a private chatroom with the boys which Andrei named 3-MATTERS. Syempre, it's where I also express my tough love on them. Ha ha ha ha ha!


September 19, 2020

Andrei got so inggit that we ate in RAMEN NAGI that he begged us to take him there next time.

Syempre, hindi ko matitiis bunsoy ko!

Read blogpost HERE!


September 20. 2020

The bunso using the new headphones he ordered and bought using his own money. 

The Yub and I taught the boys that if they wanted something, they should pay for it. So this is the “katas” from some of his allowance, payment for cleaning bathrooms (though we really shouldnt be paying him but it’s so that at least it’ll help him earn cash), AND rental from his Lola’s use of his charger (ay daig ang mafia maningil... haha). 

The little guy is so happy and played quietly (as opposed to him getting all riled up with his NBA players... hehe). Nakakabait pala ang headphones!! Duh, I’m kidding.


September 21, 2020
September 21, 2020

Nagka-sequel pa!!!!!


September 21, 2020

Manong Fred sent me this picture of cutie pie Mati during his wedding. 

Awwwww... Sooo cute right???

Hay. Time flies by so fast talaga that next thing you know, you got this big guy towering over you who's chatting with girls na. Waaaaaaah!

The saddest part pa is that last night, I was listening to the songs that Mati memorized to heart as a kid (eg Blues Clues, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Backyardigans...) and when I asked him now, he says he doesn't remember them!

NGEEEEEEEEEH!


September 22, 2020

The last time I changed my profile picture was when my Daddy went to heaven and I haven't brought myself to replace it ever since.

That day, I was looking at my FB memories and I came upon this one. This munting picture showed how game Daddy was with his apos always, and would do everything to make them happy. I'm sure you could see how the small toast got Andrei so excited. That smile says it all.

And that's why it's the only picture that was worthy enough to replace what I had in my FB profile after 3 years.


September 24, 2020

For the first time in months, the Yub drove me to work. Yayyyyyyyy!


September 24, 2020

Funny Andrei!

Every time I read our chat, I always laugh. This was actually a long banter where Andrei would insist that he still had a better grade at 96/100 over Mati's 20/20. Ha ha ha ha!


September 25, 2020


When I saw MARY POPPINS, it was the first time I realized how my Daddy was capable of getting hurt, tired, or weak. I always thought of him as a super hero because he could do everything. We are so used at him taking care of all of us that I didn't realize that nobody had his back. Of course, my Mom was there to support him and take care of the family. When it came to finances and managing the business and everyday gastusin, it's always my Dad. I could just imagine now the burden that he had to carry for the family. I'm sure he had many sleepless nights thinking where to get the money in order for us to live a comfortable life. He had problems too but he didn't show it to us.

Hayyyy.... :( Thanks Dad for showing me the true meaning of inner strength. 


September 28, 2020

Since he’s been working from home (and I’m out earlier than usual because of the GCQ) this is the first in a loong time that the Yub picked me up from the office. Was able to have a quick date night in our favorite Tong Yang Express. Hehe!



September 30, 2020

Security measured were imposed in our workplace so that there will be less "casualties" during the pandemic. Finally this September 30, 2020, we get the full blessings!!! Yayyyy!!!!!!!

Of course, we understand why the company did what was necessary. We're all supportive because they've always been so generous in the past and we're thankful that they were always there for us. So yay lang! Party party!!!!!!!!!


___________________ 

OCTOBER


October 4, 2020

Hay naku! My usual dedma hub of course forgot about our MAG-UN anniv again!!!

Though some people don't celebrate this, I still want to kasi para may blow out. Ha ha ha ha ha!

CHE!


October 4, 2020


We "celebrated" by bringing Cable to the vet because she had eye infection. Wawa... He he he he.




October 7, 2020

The Yub fetched me from work and since we're awa with the bunsoy who don't get to go out, we took him on a joyride when we got home!




October 10, 2020

Yep! I'm PROUDLY kuripot!!!!




October 10, 2020

Yihiii! Had Saturday lunch in ITALIANNI'S and we're so happy with the food (unlike our dinner at their Resort's World branch). It "helped" too that The Bistro Group had a promo where you get a 50% discount if you pay via your Citibank card. 

Check out blogpost HERE!!!!



October 11, 2020

Family is once again complete for Sunday lunch! Yeheyyyyy! As always there was a lot of eating and talking!!  (Di ko tuloy nakodakan ang Inihaw na Baboy, Ginataang Hipon, and Halaan soup)

It may get crowded but I still love it. Always a great time when everyone's here.




October 11, 2020

Which makes me "happi-er" that I took a lot of old movies.

Watchiing old movies (that I recently converted the files) with my Mommy. Thank you old me for taking these videos. If I could go back in time, I’d shoot more, 24/7. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

That’s why Gats family plus Mati and Andrei, please don’t be irritated when Im taking videos!! Treasure talaga sila! Watching these just made me and Mom so happy!! 

Kaya isang malaking CHE! Hahaha!




October 16, 2020

Sarap kutusin! Ok fine!!!!

He doesn't make it easy for me though when he posts a lot of pa-cute and SMB memes!



It's Mommy's birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Every year, we would always surprise the celebrant at the strike of 12am! Lately though, my Mom requested us not to do the “salubong” because she had a hard time sleeping again after the “surprise.” So what we did was have a simple birthday set up so that when she wakes up, “BULAGA!!”

HOW-ever.... She was awakened by some fire trucks and when she went outside to ask the guard where the fire was, she saw all of us still awake. So she’s the one who surprised us all (the Yub and I were having a goodnight snack pa) that we were the ones caught unawares. 

Well! Since she’s awake and making chika with my ate, we decided to sing to her as well. Good thing we bought donuts (because we’re still really planning to sing to her if she’s not yet sleeping at 12am) so we had it as her midnight birthday cake. Hehehe!

Don’t you just love it when everything works out???



Happy Birthday Mommerssss!!!


Funny part though was when Andrei saw the crabs we're going to eat later on, he asked if he could put one in Tito Jon's fish aquarium!

I said 'GO LANG!" I'm sure the goldfishes will be SOOO happy!

H aha ha ha ha ha! Kidding!




October 18, 2020

Our new puppy — POCA LILLY!

Poca is from Blackie (our friendly neighborhood streetdog) whom Andrei adopted because he was awa when he saw it crying at the sidewalk. We tried to adopt Blackie before (she always runs to help guard open the car gates) but since she’s used to the streets, she hates it when she’s inside our garage (to the point of wrecking our doors). When she gave birth, the people in the neighborhood (who also love Blackie) each got her puppies. Poca was left (because I think she’s iyakin hahaha). So Andrei asked to adopt her (I didnt want to talaga because we already have Cable and Penny) but since my Mom valued and respected Andrei’s love for animals (see kaya mas mahal nila sya kesa sakin) she put her foot down and said POCA will be hers and Andreis. Kaya ayun! We just let Blackie go inside for dede. When she’s done, she wants to go outside again (working Mom.. hehe).

Poca has no breed (being a runt from an askal) but we will all love her as much as we can even if she’s so iyakin!!! Mommy and Andrei love her best though. That’s why if possible, help out the lost and unwanted animals on the streets. They deserve your love too.

Andrei named her POCA because she’s brown and we just saw Pocahontas when we got her. Mommy added Lilly kasi I said 2 names lagi our dogs. Hehe!

Welcome to the family POCA LILLY!




October 18, 2020

We were supposed to go to Cavite as one of Mommy's birthday wishes (to visit Daddyowzers). However, she suddenly had vertigo that we had to cancel our plans. the boys and I attended online mass instead. Ate Jit and Anthony came later on and we had some of the food that we were supposed to eat in Cavite. 



October 23, 2020

Grabe I never felt so old!

There is such a thing as Netflix viewing parties where you and your friends watch then you also get to chat and see each your companions (similar to FB messenger). Mati had one with some of his friends (you could see them at the top right of the window) and they had a lot of fun. 

While he was watching, Andrei naman was playing COD with his friends.

Grabe ganito na ba talaga gimik ngayon??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Though it's safer for our children, I will still prefer actual meet-ups. For now, this is good of course. 



October 25, 2020

Andrei stayed with my Kuya for the weekend and when he got back he told me how he and his tito had a discussion about classical composer Johann Strauss II.

I guess the argument was very memorable for him because he made this meme pa. H aha ha ha ha! So cute!



October 25, 2020

Since Mom and Andrei were in Antipolo, we thought of doing a bit of scrubbing in our TV room. He he he he he!



October 27, 2020

Halloween is one of my favorite seasons of all because of the scary specials on TV. A true favorite is the annual MAGANDANG GABI BAYAN which we always tune in to religiously come "undas".

This year though, since there's no more ABS CBN, we saw that they'll just be streaming live on Youtube the Halloween Classics of MAGANDANG GABI BAYAN.

May be classics (where tonights episode originally aired at 1992) but will still tune- in to MAGANDANG GABI BAYAN’s week-long Halloween celebration!

Wohoooooooooooo!


October 30, 2020

Office had antigen testing for employees and initially I was SOOO scared because having pointy things shoot up my nose is not my idea of fun. Finally I agreed (after workmates say it doesn't hurt) and I'm glad to say that yes, it doesn't!!! It's just like you really made an extra effort for that darn booger. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Of course I'm thankful to say that I'm negative!!! YEHESSSSS!!!!!



October 31, 2020


ITALIANNIS again!!! He he he he he! Hay naku! As long as there's the 50% you will ALWAYS see na here! The manager knows us tuloy!!!!



October 31, 2020

This meme is normal in usual meme standards but I was amused at how weird my thinking could get. Below is my caption for the post.

"Wait.... Unless your name is BLESSED and it’s your birthday that’s why you got gifts (parang “I’m Blessed. And it’s my birthday so I’m thankful for all gifts received {materyal man o hindi kasi bastos naman hindi magpasalamat di ba}.” Di counted yun. Dapat lang ay capital letter ang B.)

Yeah. Musings of a senior citizen I know."

WEIRD.



October 31, 2020

I know that he's old and his health was failing but still, we were not ready for him to go.

Though I'm saddened at his passing, I'm thankful that my Dad introduced us to his Bond greatness that I was able to share it to my boys. I'm actually very touched with Mati's post above.  


___________________ 

NOVEMBER

November 3, 2020


Tanga! Hahahahahaha!

(Sorry but I find the tagalog deregatory word in reaction to this pic more funny).

I just saw this on Facebook. This made me LOL with feelings. Haha!


November 4, 2020


Hayyyy naku! Got pranked by the boys! Hahaha! Che!!!

There's filter going around Instagram of a realistic (at least for me) picture of a PS5. I really thought that the Yub bought one without telling me (which was really unlike him especially something THAT expensive) so I got upset, FAST. Talagang I messaged the boys in ALL CAPS. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In fairness if you read the chat I said something like “Daddy won’t buy something that expensive.” Also, the reason why I was SO demanding in our other group was because I was secretly hoping somebody gave it to us. Hahahahaha!

Proud at how my bunsoy said in the end that we didnt need it. Hahaha!

It looked so real! Eng-eng moment though because if you looked closer at the pic, the box was magically on top of a disintrigating mouse. Hahaha! Yub said “Ang laki ng box di mo napansin?” I answered “Malay ko ba! Wala naman akong alam (aka paki) sa ganyan!” Haha!


November 6, 2020

One Friday, I craved sooooo much for CHILI'S. We got there and discovered they have this promo pa.

Food was still yum but service kinda slow (it's okay sana but there were a lot of them just standing at the bar).

Oh well!!! I still love CHILI'S though. He he he he he!


November 6, 2020

Yeheyyy! It's my first Toffee Nut Latte! And as I would always say, the Christmas season officially starts for me once I have THIS and hear Jose Mari Chan's Christmas in our hearts!


My Kuya also treated the family for Karen's birthday lunch. Food was sooo good!

(We removed masks just for the picture).


November 12, 2020

My “good vibes” pic.

Everytime I pass by this small street and this humble house, it always amuses me to see this Jaguar resting in its messy garage. I’m always intrigued with its story and how it came to be there. Hehehe! Ano nga kaya?

Truth be told seeing this auto in its modest display gave me this fuzzy happy and inspiring feeling. Something so beautiful doesn’t always need a mansion to be “fortunate”. Hehe!

I took this picture to show to Andrei also. Hehe!


November 13, 2020

One time Mati posted something like how he'll make a cover song if his post reaches 500 comments. Syempre mega support kaming lahat and he was able to get it.

Sayang lang I can't upload it here but this is his post of the song. He did really good and I'm so proud!


November 14, 2020

Finally met up with Team Virrey after so many months (last time we saw them was on February). We ate at our favorite TGIFRIDAYS and had a blast going around, taking pictures, and just chika chika.


November 15, 2020

This is how we hear mass now... online.

We take the live streaming to have that slight semblance of hearing the actual mass. Though this is more convenient, we still prefer going to the actual church.


November 20, 2020

It's not my actual experience though but STILL.... ginaya ako?????


Noember 21, 2020

That weekend, we went again to our new favorite ITALIANNI'S!!!!!

Food was still oh so yum but I think we'll give it a rest muna since we've had it for many Saturdays already. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!


November 21, 2020

The bunsoy asked if we could visit the Mercedes and Lamborghini showroom. It's not really a problem but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the other side. I think it's in the Mckinley area.

Good thing that we love walking in BGC. Yun lang medyo kumulo tyan ko ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! I ate too much kasi! Grrrrr!!!!!

You know the rest.


November 22, 2020

We weren't able to visit Daddy because of the government restrictions and was only able to at the end of November. Great to see everyone again (who only removed face masks/shields and got close together quickly for the picture).


We also passed by the miraculous image of Mother Mary. Daddy and Mommy were devotees.


They also had this vast lot filled with trees. I always enjoyed the serenity that trees bring. 


November 27, 2020

I love TIKTOK but I'm not so active as before.

After so many months I did this post on a whim (I was having coffee by myself).

This was my first take and I didn't want to make a second one cos I want it to be natural (naks). 

If you guys wanna see it E DI MAGSUBSCRIBE KAYO!!!! 


November 28, 2020

Tee hee!!! Haaaaaaay! I'm usually kuripot but when it comes to my boys, ay bahala na! Minsan lang nga ako masabihan ng maganda e!


November 28, 2020

That was an extra fun day in BGC because many things happened! Ang saya lang!

Andrei was initially making kulit for us to go to another car dealership. After our gimik and we were all happily removing our masks in the car I was like "Andrei! You didn't remind us to go to Lamborghini!" He answered "It's ok mama. I had lots of fun kasi e." all had so much fun that Andrei forgot about going to the Lambo store. ๐Ÿ™‚

Check out blog post HERE!


November 28, 2020

For the first time ever I FORGOT MY CEL!!! I was fitting some clothes and forgot that I put it on the side of the bag. 

I didn't notice that it was missing until I was outside and wanted to check my messages. When I can't find it, I asked the Yub to call my phone then lo and behold, the phone BESIDE THE GUARD rang! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Turns out, the shop attendants found it and gave it to the guard.

Awwwww!!! Thanks Uniqlo and thanks Manong guard!!!!!! So grateful that you guys found it!


November 30, 2020

We were supposed to put up the Christmas tree as soon as we've visited Daddy (for all Soul's day) but because of the government regulations and other reasons, it was moved till the end of the month. With that, we were able to set up the Christmas tree at the last day of the month.

Yeheeeeey Christmas is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really love the holidays!!!!!!


___________________ 

DECEMBER



December 2, 2020


What a way to mark the start of the last month of the year -- with an "I Love You" from Andrei!!!!

As much as everybody loved this (because he doesn't do this EVER on FB... ha ha ha ha! He says it when we're alone), I have to admit that this was done all in good fun. I usually hide my boys' celphones during school hours and when it was already 4:00pm, I told him that I'll tell him when he posts " I LOVE YOU!" on FB.

Aba! Mas mabilis pa sa alas kwatro, POST AGAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!

It's ok. I still found it sweet.


December 5, 2020

We had a fun getogether with Team Virrey to celebrate Jelo's belated birthday. So fun!! Kwentuhan, kainan, and chikahan galore!!!!!!


December 8, 2020

Holiday dentist appointment! Because of the pandemic, this is our first dentist visit in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!

Take note! Even though it’s been a year since their last check-up (coz of ezq), doctora said their pearly whites were both clean and healthy! Naks!

Our tenant/dentist is VERYYY good! I hate having my teeth checked because I got twaumatized before. Her hands were very light and I never felt any ngilo during/after the check up. Ganda pa nya! Hehehe!!! 

If you need to have your teeth checked and you’re very sensitive (aka matakutin), I recommend our dentist! ๐Ÿ™‚ She’s ok for appointment even on Sundays and holidays.

If you want to book a check up (or any teeth related matter except requiring xray cos wala sya non) you could call Doc Joan Marielle Virata at 09563904817. Tell her na lang you got her number from me ๐Ÿ™‚ Her clinic is at Maysilo Circle beside our office (behind Kowloon House kiosk). There’s no parking kaya drop off and pick up talaga. ๐Ÿ™‚


December 8, 2020

It has always been our tradition to take pictures with our good ol’ Powerplant Mall Christmas Tree. Unfortunately, like in 2010, special circumstances made us temporarily switch to the next beautiful tree out there.

If you told us 10 years ago that it’ll be a challenge having a family picture at a mall tree, I would’ve laughed. Now, we not only experienced that, but we also have to wear masks and shields on the side.

Still, we are always thankful for this. Really hope next year everything will be back the way it should be.


December 8, 2020

Andrei's birthday was coming this week. We figured that because of the pandemic and many new restrictions are popping, we should have an early celebration for his birthday. 

We asked him where he wanted for his pre-birthday dinner and he said SUMO SAM!

So SUMO SAM it is!!!!!! Anything for you my bunsoy!!!!!


December 8, 2020

That night, we were supposed to rest because even if we had a fun day, it was still a bit tiring. However, Manong Fred called up to say that Andrei's much revered RC is finally available! With that, the Yub and I made an excuse that I'll be going to the office KUNO to meet up with Team Mina. 

After buying the RC, syempre we had our much needed getogether with chika!!!!


December 12, 2020

We met up with Team Navarro and Team Campo for dinner at PANTRY in DUSIT!

Our venue was supposed to be in Edsa Shang but since they had age restrictions. We transferred here.

We had a super fun and bondat dinner! We also sang to Andrei and Gail for their birthdays!




And then...

IT'S ANDREI'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!

See his birthday celebrations HERE!


December 17, 2020

Because of the pandemic, there's no Christmas Party el grande by my office! For this year, we'll just have a zoom party. For the first time EVER, the studio and the office were separated. We just had food served in each department.

Could you see where I am? He he he he he! Madami yan! There's many more who joined from their homes. 


December 19, 2020

It has been Andrei's long time wish to go to his Ninong Fred's place to play RC. Every time we have a schedule, it would always rain!!!

One Saturday, there was a forecast again and we were like ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We will go pa din! Would you know that when we got there, the rain let up for an hour (enough for Andrei to play) and when his battery was drained, the rain started again???

YAYYY! THANK YOU GOD!





That weekend, we also went to Antipolo to attend my niece's birthday. Food and chika galore!


December 23, 2020

To conclude also the birthday of Andrei and Jelo, we had a Korean getogether at Casa Virrey. So fun!!!! Would you believe that we ate all of these?? Ubos siya! Ha ha ha ha ha!


December 25, 2020

Our NOCHE BUENA fell on December 25 because my Mom's sister died and they attended the funeral arrangements last night.

Our Christmas celebration goes on (even if it's a day late) with the food that my brother and I prepared!

Check out blog post HERE!!!!!


December 27, 2020

One night, I realized that my family are all separated -- the Yub is in Lucena, the boys were in Antipolo, while I'm left in Mandaluyong with Mommy and Kuya Jon.

Syempre, distance is nothing for us. Kulitan pa din!!!!!


December 30, 2020

Haaaaaay.... Andrei talaga! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!


December 31, 2020

I posted a birthday greeting for BGP Mariane and in my collage, I included the pictures of our "lookalikes"... Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Lo and Behold, the mom of BGP told her, "Bagay kay Jaz yung buhok niya dun sa picture na nakablue siya!"

AY AKO DAW SI ANNETTE BENING!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! 

Ahem... ahem.... Haba ng hurrrrr..... Things pohz! (Tucks hair behind ear).


December 31, 2020

We were supposed to go to BGP's house yesterday for her birthday but something came up and we had to resked it to the next day. Normally I don't go out at the 31st but since I won't be cooking much and the boys really want to try out their RCs, we did!!!

So fun! RAWR galore!


December 31, 2020

That night, we had our NEW YEAR'S EVE dinner!!!!

Somehow, when you sit down to dinner with your family you will forget all the bad things happening and just be thankful of all the blessings in already in front of you.

The only thing better was to have everyone at the table (my late Dad included).

:)  


================================

MOVIES

If you read our other blogs (hay kawawa ka naman), you'd know how much we value movie nights. For us, dinner and going to the theatre is the epitome of a perfect date!!!!!!!

Thanks to the pandemic, our daily movie nights restricted us at home. Of course, this option was more cheap and convenient. Still, when this is all over, we'd all troop back to the theatre. For now, let us share the movies that we enjoyed (and our favorite films that we shared with the boys) for this timeless family tradition!

September 5, 2020

BILL AND TED

Movie night for me and the boys (yay Andrei joined us) is BILL AND TED: FACE THE MUSIC! We enjoyed it! Keanu and Alex still had the same charm plus the new characters were all lovable (even the robot). Glad that this was not like the Zoolander sequel where the kid was majorly irritating. Hehehe! Excellent!


September 10, 2020

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES!

Re-watching a childhood favorite.


September 10, 2020

This movie was SOOOOOO good! I remember seeing the trailer when it was shown many years ago but didn't get around to watching it. Now we did, and woah. I was screaming at the end. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!


September 12, 2020

MULAN! 

The live action version was good but I liked this more because the heroine really worked hard, and didn’t just have powers, to save the day. It’s also cool that her love interest is the captain (whom she saved also) because I find it more kiligations. Hehehe! Mushu and the songs of course, are obvious plus factors. Syempre naiyak na naman ako.


September 18, 2020

The DARK KNIGHT trilogy -- the franchise where all films would keep you at the edge of your seats and be severely entertained!


September 20, 2020

BLADE

And since Troy and Abed in Community felt the need to watch BLADE after Britta mentioned her ex-bf had the same name, we wanted to watch it also!!! #monkeyseemonkeydo #TroyandAbedinthemorning 

And for us, Wesley Snipes will always be the one true BLADE!!

September 21 and 22

Having daily DISNEY movie nights with the boys. I love them all but my ultimo favorites would always be PETER PAN and CINDERELLA! As in memorize ko lines and would talk and sing along. Tee hee....


September 27, 2020

HACHIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally having the strength to watch this movie. (Got my tissues ready and all).

Stupid dog. Sniff. Sniff.



September 28, 2020

Saw MARY POPPINS RETURNS and though it was well-made, sorry but it pales in comparison with the original. What struck me though was how energetic Dick Van Dyke is in the movie at 93!!!!! He was dancing and going up on tables pa!

Hayyy! Pano na lang ako??? In my 40s and so lazy na!



September 29, 2020

I have special memories of the movie POCAHONTAS (which I cannot mention here ha ha ha ha). That's why when I saw it again with the boys, it just felt sooo surreal and... weird! Still, it was a good movie and songs were memorable. Yun lang it just got so tied up with that part of my life. Ha ha ha h ah aha!

October 3, 2020

 THE RESCUERS!

I think this is often overlooked because there’s no princess theme involved. The movie though has a killer tear jerker theme song and the idea of an orphan girl being kidnapped is just heartbreaking. This movie was Disney’s first hit (since the Jungle Book) during its slump in the 70s.


October 14, 2020

THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM trilogy!

Andrei was grounded from playing videogames so he asked to join us for our regular movienights. He reqeusted for THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM trilogy and I really enjoyed the 3 days that we saw it together. Great series!!! It is also where I first saw cutie pie Rami Malek too! Crushes ko sya here I swear. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!




October 16, 2020

For movie night we saw the all time classic (and my favorite) SOUND OF MUSIC! Yep! Watched this again with the boys (they saw this before when they little kiddies). I really think this should be mandatory for families. Best feel good fam movie EVER.

(PS I remember how before, I identified w Gretel. Then as I grew older, I became Louisa.... then Liesl... then Maria.

Now Im Mother Superior! Kidding! Im still Maria! Haha)




October 20, 2020

Finally finished the last episode of COMMUNITY and for a show that’s so funny, it made me cry (again)! To think the series actually ended 5 years ago (yes, huli na ako sa balita).

Please let #sixseasonsandamovie come true!!!!


October 30, 2020

It may not be as scary at as the first HAUNTING series but I enjoyed HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR more. I was touched more by the human emotion and story about love. Of course, the ghosties in the backgrounded added more excitement. A really great watch!!!

Read too that supposedly the twins in HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE were love interests in this series but creators thought that viewers might find it gross. Oh well. Here's hoping that would happen for the next one. He he he he!

We finished this last Friday (Nov 3) and really enjoyed it! The flow of the story and emotions portrayed by the characters made a stronger impact to me than HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE (I was disappointed with the huge build up of Hill House only to end with a meh).

Might watch this again! If you guys do, I’m sure you’ll never say “Perfectly Splendid” the same way again. Hehe!



October 30, 2020

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!

Me don’t ker that they used espeysyal epeks but I’m super kilogations with this reunion — F4 FOREVER!! Ke pupugi pa!!!

I know I’ll never be a koreanovela fan because my heart WILL ALWAYS BE WITH F4!!!! Yehessssss

F444444444444444444444444444444!!!!!


October 31, 2020

THE YAPPY BUNCH took a break from the local TV scary series that we usually watched and saw the classics IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN, and POLTERGEIST!

Both were child friendly so even Andrei join us.

Yun lang in one part he's like "I wonder why the kids are so dependent on their Mommy??"

SYEMPRE dramarama na ako and cried. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!


November 5, 2020

American Horror Story could get too gory for my taste but I still watch it because I enjoy the creativity, the characters, and how some of their stories are inspired from facts.

The last I saw is this 1984 series and I'm surprised that unlike other AHS seasons, this was a happy ending. Ha ha ha ha! I kept expecting something bad to happen!


November 20, 2020

I saw this movie waay, wayyyyy before and was always entertained by the lovely people exploring their innocence. Now I'm more like "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEY'RE ALL SO FRESH AND HAIR FREE IN THE ISLAND!"

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Oh well.


November 24, 2020

GLORY!!!

It's been decades since I last saw this film and I'm so grateful for watching it again. Matthew Broderick may have been my longtime crush as a teener but I appreciated his acting here now more than his cuteness. Reading about the history of how his battalion faced all of its hardships (leading of course to their heroic deaths) just got me loving the film more.

GLORY however is the only film where I didn't like Denzel because he's just too loud here. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Anyway, recommended this to Mati that I watched it again with him. YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY! 


November 29, 2020

TENET!!!!

Not one of Nolan’s best but you’ll definitely want to watch it again mostly to catch what you may have missed before. Protagonist was definitely MEH and the only reason I’m forgiving him is because he’s pareng Denzel’s son. R-Patz will surely steal viewers’ hearts here because he’s dependable, charming, and pugi (ay parang si Idward!!!)

While watching I would always sing “I.... don’t GET IT!” to the tune of “Handel’s Messiah”

(aka the Hallelujah chorus hahaha).

This movie will give you a headache. It’ll get better as it progresses though so kapit lang.


November 30, 2020

A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN

I think this is my favorite Peanuts film because it featured a lot of my favorite memories from way back. The song, the DANDELION, the spelling rules.... plus the words of Linus just touched me back then and now: "The world didn't come to an end."


December 11, 2020


My guys really love Charlie Brown. They said they could relate to him. I told them me too since I have felt like a loser many times. What sets Charlie apart is his love for family, friends, his dog, plus his positive outlook in life! 

It’s a relief too to watch a movie where the kids enjoy the simple things in life (kites, sports, cupcakes) and not gadgets. ๐Ÿ™‚ This was so perfect for movie night!


December 18, 2020

EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really enjoyed this movie that I watched it a second time with Andrei! You might initially think it’s goofy but fans of the popular contest felt this was a loving tribute. The songs were really catchy too and I choked up with “Hometown.”

Still, gimme Jaja Dingdong!!!


December 20, 2020 

START OF STAR WARS marathon!

As part of our holiday season tradition, were starting our Star Wars marathon now! We’ll watch this, episode 2, 3, Rogue One, then episodes 4 to 6. Afterwards it’s straight the Mandorian seasons 1 and 2. Wohoo!

Yep! TOTALLY disregarding and ignoring the “disturbamces” of the force that are episodes 7, 8, and 9. We think of them more as “glitches “in the matrix. Haha!


December 21, 2020


Funny how even if ATTACK OF THE CLONES came out before he was born (and I saw it ahead of him), I’m the one asking my son Mati now about the story because he has read the comics and saw the whole series (including the Clone Wars). That’s why he’s my favorite movie buddy!! ๐Ÿ™‚ So surreal though. Haha!


December 22, 2020

THE CLONE WARS

As recommended by my big guy!

Watching it made me feel strongly about 3 things:

1) How it’s so sad that the Republic had a good relationship with the Clones and then just like that, they (the Clones) became bad.

2. I cried at how Ahsoka and Anakin were such good friends and then he became Darth Vader! Huhuhu!

3. Anakin Skywalker animated in the Clone Wars is a much better “actor” than Hayden Christiansen! Haha!


December 30, 2020

After rewatching the whole Star Wars film series (EXCEPT 7, 8, and 9 because it doesn't exist) plus season 1, the Yub and I are finally starting with THE MANDALOWRYAN!!!!

OMG!!!!!! Mando is SOOO HOT while Baby Yoda is SOOO cute! Tapos the ending! OMG OMG OMG!!!

I know I sound so irritating but I don't care!!!

BASTA! SOBRANG GANDA!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!


================================

"STAYCATIONS"

Not really sure if these are counted as staycations but since we cannot really have one, here's showing how home is really the best place to stay in!


September 4, 2020

Before, I would wake up at about 5:00am to cook the boys breakfast and help them get ready for school. Now during their online classes, they get ready by themselves and drink milk before classes start. During breaktime, that's when they eat their freshly cooked breakfast. At least with this set up, they're having a hot meal which they eat with gusto unlike before where they're too sleepy to have a proper appetite. He he he he he he!

I get to sleep later pa! YAYYYY! Win win sit for alll!!!!!



Cannot go out? Not a problem... There are always play areas at home depending on your imagination. He he he he he!



October 11, 2020

When you live somewhere that's homey and very comfortable, you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else (unless it's for a gimik he he he he).


December 26, 2020

One Saturday, the Yub was in Lucena so it's just me and the boys one Saturday.

I thought of whipping up Korean Fried Rice using the leftover veggies and meats that we used yesterday. We ate it with Kimchi and a hot bowl of Adobo.... SOOOO SARAP!!!

To complete the experience, we also had some noodles!!!

We really enjoyed this lunch. To think, ang simple lang ng food namin. Of course, we were all chatting and joking around while eating. Truly one for the books (yep that's how much fun we were had).


===============================


FOOD TRIPS

My family loves going out and eating at our favorite restaurants. With the pandemic, we stayed home and just ordered for delivery our food cravings. This way, we felt like we were on our usual gimiks. He he he he he!


September 5, 2020

MA MON LUK!

Our pre-birthday treat for Kuya Jon is his favorite noodle and siopao combo. This was also so perfect because it's raining that night.



Kuya Jon's birthday treat for Sunday lunch! Sooo good!!!! These are our favorites!


September 10, 2020

Got these awesome giftboxes from RUSTIC MORNINGS!!! I've tried their food before and I'm excited for all of these. Sarap kaya their pancakes and the syrup??? Winner na winner!!!!!


September 11, 2020

Our Saturday steak dinner! Yummmmmmm!


September 12, 2020

Yayyy! Our first family gimik in a loooooooooong time! We went to GENKI SUSHI because it's the boys favorite.


September 13, 2020

Our Sunday lunch with homemade Beef Japanese style curry made by Kuya Jon!


September 26, 2020

The Yub, Master Mati, and I went out to buy some essentials. When deciding where to eat, we ended up in MANN HANN because the boys were tired na of Ramen Nagi, and Samgyupsalamat was full (would you believe??). We ended up in MANN HANN for the win and had a super delicious lunch! 

Check out the blog post here!



October 3, 2020

TONG YANG date with Mati!



October 10, 2020

Received these super yum Chocolate Chip Cookies from MAILCHIP!!! Sooo yum!!!! Level up na Chocolate chips!



October 16, 2020

Happy that our favorite CAUSEWAY is open once again but this time, it's named as MR. CHOW! Same delicious dimsum!!!! We'll definitely be here again and again!



October 24, 2020

Since we enjoyed our last meal (and discount) from ITALIANNI'S last time, syempre we ate again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super sarap!!!

Blog post is HERE!!!




October 25, 2020

It was just me, Kuya Jon, and Mati for Sunday Family Lunch as Mommy and Andrei were in Antipolo while others in Lucena. Still, since this IS our revered Sunday family meal, we will eat with a vengeance! I cooked Roast Chicken with Mushroom Gravy and Truffle Cream Pasta (ala Mamou). Had this with our usual corn and green beans. Yum!

Bon Appetit suckers! That’ll teach you guys to leave us again! Haha! Kidding!


November 2, 2020

It's a holiday and I cooked up breakfast for my little family.

I guess it was good because we finished it all. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Now you see it. Now you don't.


November 7, 2020

Super yum RISE Beverages!


November 8, 2020

Sunday lunch!!!


November 12, 2020

It's my boss' birthday and she treated the office with our favorite Kare Kare! He he he he he!


November 13, 2020

NORTH PARK dinner!


November 28, 2020

Steak night!


December 12, 2020

TRUFFLE GREATNESS FROM UMBRIA TERRA DI TARTUFI!!

It’s the weekend!!! So perfect these snacks and goodies from Dyna Drug Corporation, Dygen Food Ventures, and ComCo Southeast Asia to munch on while binge watching our Netflix favorites! Best part is, eat all you can galore coz they’re healthy!!! 

Excited to cook the boys’ favorite Truffle Pasta with the Truffle goodies too!! Wohoo!!

It’s not yet Christmas pero time to foodtrip at home na!


December 12, 2020


We were able to heed our craving with Jasmine Restaurant's  Eat All You Can Premium Dimsum plus more! Sarap!!! If you want also, make your reservations ASAP at NEW WORLD HOTEL!


December 29, 2020

The kiddies are away on vacation and the Yub thought of having an insta-date night. I made him choose and his craving was IPPUDO!!!!!

Amidst the covid circumstances, our dinner was still oh so good. Missed Ramen! Glad that we we're able to slurp that night... on noodles that is! He he he he he!

=================== 


And there you have it! The end of another year.

Looking back at my start of the year resolutions, I'm glad that I was able to fulfill 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10. (I don't think I'll EVER fulfill number 1... he he he he he he he).

I'm sure many will agree that we could do away with A LOT of unfortunate occurrences this year. Still, let us all learn to focus on the good. I also believe that God has a reason for everything and wouldn't give us anything that we cannot handle.  Let us prepare ourselves that things MIGHT turn for the worse that is why what we could all just do is appreciate what we already have, be careful in everything we do, and always PRAY.

Here's hoping and praying for a better 2021. 

Kahit hindi na much better, basta BETTER na lang! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!


Have a Happy New Year everyone!


You guys like some of my ERICJAZ FOODIES bag? He he he he he he! Show me the love and I might share (pag di ako tinamad magbook... ha ha ha ha ha ha).


OUR YAPPY 2020 PART ONE
OUR YAPPY 2020 PART TWO


=============================== 

ILYD



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...