family collage

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

OUR YAPPY 2020 (PART TWO)


Never in a million years (as if I lived that long) would I have thought that a certain Covid-19 would paralyze our social, economical, professional, educational, etc., etc., system.

We were all caught unawares!

Still with that pandemic, many of us were able to discover more about ourselves.

I for one appreciated more how cool and loving my family really are especially when I see others post about how bored they were and how they wanted to "break free" from their "prison." Never did I feel that because everyday had a different kind of simple fun in them. I rather enjoyed being in solitude with my family doing simple things like cooking (we play loud music and try out new recipes), cleaning (promise ang kulitan namin at who will wash dishes is so funny), eating (kwentuhan galore), movie nights, praying the rosary, etc etc. Truth be told, I enjoyed our extended family time more that I wasn't able to join zoom or group chats. My focus really became the people who I was with -- my family.

A friend (itago natin sa pangalan na Mareng Gail) told me that at our age, we should now choose to be with people who makes us happy.

And with that, I'm thankful I am "stuck" with the people who not only make me so happy but they also make my life complete. As a result, we really didn't mind the ECQ too much because it became an extended "home-cation" for us!

Sharing with you the second trimester of our year 2020! Usually my "end of the year specials" only have 2 parts, but for this year, I divided it into a threesome. I know that 2020 is the year where many things went wrong and there were no gimiks/outings that happened (too much). Still, I want to remember the good times that we had during the start of the year and I'm grateful that there were still many that I want to remember.

Rock on!!!!!!!!!



I swear that it's still a great year!



=====

MAY

May 1, 2020

It's a holiday! YAYYYYY!

He he he he!!!

For once, our holiday became like any other day where we didn't go anywhere. Tee hee!

It's okay. I cooked Bacsilog for the boys and they loved it!

Yep! The little things make us all happy. Ha ha ha ha!



May 2, 2020

This epidemic helped me weed out the ones whom I want out of my life. He he he he!

Sabagay. I'm very easy to please. Just be truthful and be honest, good tayo. If you're fake and have this image on social media that is different from who you really are, unfriend me please.


May 3, 2020

Finally cooked na the steak we bought from Mad Marks'!!!! Saraaaaap! That was a very memorable Sunday family lunch.


May 5, 2020

Padre Pio never fails and he always helps me out with his powerful intercession!

It's funny but when I pray to him I'm like conversing with an old friend ("Sorry ha pero kung okay lang po... Alam ko po mababaw pero kung pwede lang po...). Syempre I'm nahihiya that I'm praying for so many things important to me and I'm grateful that he would always help me out.

Ang galing talaga kaya super THANK YOU Padre Pio!


May 6, 2020

Mati is the bastus boy. He he he he he!



May 8, 2020

I'm pushing Andrei to read and finally he finished the book I recommended to him -- Harry Potter!

He said he liked it but wanted to move on to other books. Grrrrr... We'll be watching the series and I hope he changes his mind.


May 8, 2020

I asked one of my guys to take out the veggies we need for dinner and he fixed it like this.

Haaaay.... Boys will be boys talaga!




Even if they're little bastus boys na (heh e he he) they're still my babies. And the way their faces lit up when they saw their initials on the dessert makes me so happy.



Happy Mother’s Day to the most dedicated, loving, selfless, kind, mabango, and basta lahat na, na kabaitan words I know. Syempre, maganda pa! Hahaha! Thank you for ALWAYS being there for us, for teaching us to be gentle and kind (although absent ako nung nagturo ka ng “gentle”) and for making sure that we are forever well-fed and happy! Basta thank you for making us your forever number one!!



The Yub gave Mommy flowers while me naman I cooked for her!

Normally Mommy is the one busy for our family lunches. I told her to just relax and ako na bahala. Her reaction was priceless. I won't ever forget it.

(And before you guys react, we always help our Mom with meal preparations, but she would always like to be on top of things especially with meal times! I swear that it's in her nature to take care of us!!!!! For this one, she's just touched that for a family getogether, we made her rest and to not think of anything)

Menu for the day... Sashimi and the Cake (from Kuya Jon), Buttered Pork Chops with cream Sauce, Roast Chicken, Garlic Noodles, and Green Beans!!! Mommy loved these dishes when I made them before.

Check out BLOG POST HERE!




The boys naman made special cards for their Lola and read it out to her. They each gave 20 reasons why they love their lola.





As for me, I'm happy to get this from my dearest Mati.

Awwwwww... So sweet!!!!!!!!

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Yub, WALA!!! Hindi naman daw niya kasi ako nanay!

NEGLECTED child kasi kaya siguro ganon. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!


May 17, 2020

Ever since we saw AMADEUS, Andrei loved classical music now. Here he is listening to Tchaikovsky while washing dishes.



May 18, 2020

And after 2 months, it's time to go back to work!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!





Missed my TAPE friends soooo much!



May 21, 2020

One of my dearest friends, Aning, celebrated her birthday. Usually we have a getogether but because of the pandemic, bawal! I just sent her the next best thing... FOOD!!!

Cooked pa my special carbonara for her, her favorite since were in college.


May 23, 2020

I know I may be too old for tiktok but after seeing the "Wipe It Down" challenge, I knew I just had to do it. The plan was to have a sexy and seductive alter ego, which didn't work for me! Ang sagwa!! Ha ha ha ha ha! I tried it and di talaga bagay. In the end, comedy na lang. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

If you want to check out that vid which got loads of reactions, follow me on ericjaz_foodies !!!!





I got a lot of reactions from that tiktok post that somebody complained. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Yorme don’t worry. Yung mga Tiktok pa din natin ang nangunguna sa puso ko. Hug na lang tayo madadaanan natin to. 



May 24, 2020

Saturday is usually “gimik night” for us but since we cannot go out, we just order in! Yub treated the fam to Korean food from Meatsumo! Yummmm! Yep! It's Korean gimik night for us!



May 25, 2020

I promised BGP that the next time I bake my yummy nummy chocholate chip cookies, I would give her.

Voila!!!! Sent to her home!!! It's just for her and my inaanak Paolo ONLY!

Ha ha ha ha ha!



May 25, 2020

It's Mati's Baccalaureate mass!





I never thought I would get emotional with an online ceremony, but ding, ding, ding!! I did! While attending the Baccalaureate mass for my graduate, I cannot help but choke up tears not only because I preferred to have a more elaborate celebration of this achievement (and naawa ako sa kanya) but I was also overwhelmed with sentiment that my big guy is indeed turning into the gentleman I prayed for. I didn’t hear any rants nor whines at how simple his graduation is. There were no demands for a gift or what we’ll have for the day. My dearest was just quiet and agreeable to anything. (He even helped me wash pans after I finish cooking. Hahahah!) He was so grateful pa when we asked him what he wanted for dinner and if he liked some milk tea. He never expected nor feel entitled to anything yet he was soooo happy and appreciatative of what we were only able to offer.

Congratulations my dearest! We really don’t need a grand celebration to convey how you truly embody the honorable qualities of a true Bosconian. For that, and for many more reasons, we are SO proud of you!

Love you my dearest!



May 27, 2020

I really appreciate how our office takes care of us.



May 27, 2020

One of the things that changed me during this pandemic.

:(

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!



May 28, 2020

Calling out the faux friends who are posing such fakeness to good people. Maawa kayo sa kaibigan nyo who are trusting you guys so much!!!!!!!

Yep. I actually know some people who are like this to their friends. As much as I want to give my friends a warning that their supposedly close friends are secretly envious of them, I'll stay out of it na lang. #Lessonlearned

Baka magbago naman sila. He he he he he!


May 30, 2020

I'm thankful for my 2 boys who always meet me at the terrace to bring out my slippers when I get home. This is so that I won't let any bad covid-causing bacteria get in.



May 30, 2020

Another tiktok of me and yorme (another favorite). Ha ha ha! You may say that I splashed my love for him! he he he he! This was super funny!!!!!

Wanna see it? Subscribe to me!!!!!

=========

JUNE 

June 1, 2020

I finally allowed Andrei to drink coffee!!!!

Yep! Im a bad Mom! Andrei’s so kulit and always asked for coffee. Pinabayaan ko na! Hahaha! This is his first official cup. Hay naku! I told him he cant drink when Im not with him.

Oh and by the way, he could ONLY have coffee (half a sachet) with me on Saturdays.



June 6, 2020

My super STUPID but loving Mommy moment:

Mati zapped his choco-filled donuts as his “dessert” after breakfast and when he stood up to get water, I thought of playing a practical joke on him by hiding it. I zoinked his plate and attempted to hide it under the table (on my lap). HOWEVER, I forgot to consider that we had tablecloth that ran down to the seats. The result? Because of the cover, the super hot donut rolled over my thumb (holding the plate) and the lava-like (temperature wise) choco sauce oozed on my stupid frikkin thumb also!!! Grrrr!

Ayan! That’s what I get for attempting cheap laughs! Che! Heheheh!!!

(I’m making the boys kiss my booboo... hehe)

That’s toothpaste btw as prescribed by Yub. Kaya minty ang ulam mamaya. (Im lazy to put ice)



June 6, 2020
Mati's powerful post.

So true. That’s why a big BOO to people who pathetically answer with “E di wow”, “Ikaw na”, “Nosebleed”, etc when their puny minds can’t comprehend a logical insight. Also add those who liked that Kim Chiu song or subcribed to Logan Paul or Vice Ganda! (Kadireh to death).

Go Mati! 🙂 Loved this post. Buti you didn’t hide me from it. Hahahah!



June 7, 2020

Ate Jit bday sunday lunch! She treated us to Korean food!


June 7, 2020

Mati to my defense but somehow he ended up putting me down. Ha ha ha ha ha!


June 8, 2020

And EAT BULAGA is back!!! The first live show after taking a break from ECQ. Wohooo!!!! Welcome back!


June 10, 2020

GRRRRR!!!!! Pang 3rd lang ako?????

Mati made a post of his top three and when I asked who were his top 3 favorite family members and his answer was the one above. Syempre, I cannot get over it.

Last night during dinner...
Me: Why am I 3rd lang??
Mati (not missing a beat): Buti nga kasama ka pa e!!!
That's my boy. Ha ha ha ha ha! CHE!!!



June 12, 2020

We celebrated the holiday with a MACAO FIASCO!!!! Grrrrr!!!!!

I don’t think I’ll be having Cheesecake Milk Tea in a LOOOOONG time. Haha!
Ordered from Macao Imperial this morning because it was their anniversary. I was told by rider there’s a 3 hour wait. He asked us to cancel and while doing so, we placed orders from Black Scoop as well. HOWEVER, system of Grab kept on failing that we cannot cancel! Rider said (after 4 hours) that he’ll just continue with our order since he’s been there the whole day na (almost). He cannot cancel also.

So after finishing my large Black Scoop, a liter of Macao will arrive. I’m now so umay at the thought of it. Hahaha!

My hips are extra happy with the calorie-company!


June 13, 2020

Mati's graduation pic was released via soft copy! Yay!

My very handsome gentleman!! Sorry big guy but no girl will be good enough. They have to face ME first. Hahaha!



June 14, 2020

After 3 months, we finally got haircuts. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Mati's head looked like a pugad ng ibon na.



June 15, 2020

Tita Grace celebrated her birthday with a birthday libre. Yayyy!


June 18, 2020

Yeah. This certainly makes me thankful for being married. He he he he.



June 19, 2020
Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy is all about simplicity. What makes him happy (besides family) are little joys like being able to use his senior citizen card (hahaha) and eating with his apos at their favorite fast food restos Mcdo and Jollibee. So for today, we did just that for him.  And simple as it may seem, we all had a grand time because we were together enjoying our comforting junk food. Hehehe!

Knowing Dad, who taught me to save and be proudly kuripot (hahaha), he wouldnt want us to spend a lot on him too (minsan nga bday request nya samin CD cases haha). Sya daw basta bahala palagi (kaya pag sya taya sa birthday, Kimpura or Mamou syempre hahahaha). Kaya Mommy........ ???

Kidding!!!''




Happy Birthday in heaven my dearest Daddyowzers! You would have been 84 today.
I’m sure if you were still with us during the ECQ, you’ll be your usual pasaway self and be like “Patayin nyo na ako!!!” and go to Rockwell pa din! Hahaha!!! Tapos you’ll take home food for us. Hehehe!

Your loving memories still make me choke up (like right now?? Haha) and missing you continues to hurt sooo bad. If you’re here with us, naku, you’ll be SO proud of your apos especially the kulit and bastus Andrei. Hahaha!

We’re doing a James Bond marathon btw (one of your faves) and it just brings me back to when we saw the “kiddie friendly” 007 with Roger Moore.  It would have been really nice if you’re watching with us now too.

Happy Birthday again dearest Daddyowzers.... Hope you’ll be in my dreams tonight and tomorrow. I miss you. 😞



June 20, 2020

HAY NAKU!!!!!



June 21, 2020

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY!

Happy Father’s Day to the man who is the true epitome of a loving Dad — tough, hard-working, devoted, forgiving, strong, loyal, disciplinarian, appreciative, supportive, strict, plus many, many more! You gave us the best life that you can with many gimiks on the side. You were not only a Daddy to us but you also acted as a Father to your young family (when Lolo Dondoy died), and to our relatives and staff who needed help.
I could never forget how you ALWAYS put us first over friends and office. You  worked so hard that up to now we are experiencing the fruits of your labor and love.
And based on recent and many events, we know that you are always there for us — just like what a true and dedicated Father would do for his family.
Happy Father’s Day Day in heaven Daddyowzers!!! We love you and miss you everyday. Everywhere I look I “see” you because of the many loving memories you gave me and the family. You are still the bestest Dad foreveeeeeer....


June 21, 2020

It's not clear in the picture, but that's a solar eclipse!





He he he... The boys took a break from their gadgets to see this phenomenon.



June 24, 2020

Rest in peace dear Marc!

I remember that we didn't even know that we were relatives when we met in Aliw Broadcasting. You have always been so kind to me. Will miss you!



June 25, 2020

Because it's true. Ha ha ha ha ha!



June 28, 2020

The Yub went to Lucena and the boys took turns to accompany me in my room. Aba! Agawan pa sila! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Before, they would fight who NOT sleep in my room. That time it's different because I told them that if they did, they'll get to use their celphone THE WHOLE NIGHT. Ha ha ha ha ha! Now they both want to sleep with me!



June 28, 2020

And even if it's just us for Sunday, Mommy still prepared a delicious lunch!



June 29, 2020

June is actually my least favorite month because it's when my forever "defender" went to heaven. Haaaaay.... It's the only time when I can't bear looking at my "memories" reminder from Facebook.


June 29, 2020

We had a simple lunch and dinner for Daddy. Andrei and I prepared this dessert for Daddy.

:(

He would've loved this I'm sure.

==========


JULY 


July 3, 2020

BGP Mariane sent us brownies yay!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much BGP Mariane and (ok fine) kay Manong Frederick for the super yummy and fudgy brownies!!! Saraaaaap!!! May walnuts pa (soshal)!!!  Pwede umorder? Hahaha!

Love youuuuuu!!!


July 4, 2020

A VERY significant day for Mati. Secret na lang why. Ha ha ha ha ha!



July 4, 2020

Andrei rarely posts (lalo na tags me at something). Kaya imagine my excitement when I saw the notification.

Then biglang... KEKEWEKNG.... No way.

TINAG PA MGA NINONG NIYA! Ha ha ha ha ha!



July 8, 2020

It's funny cos it's true.



July 9, 2020

Got so sad when the boys went to Antipolo to stay with my brother (at inip na sila dito).

Miss those little pangets.


July 10, 2020

Ayan tuloy had Black Scoop. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!



July 10, 2020

FINALLY the boys were available for a chat! Ha ha ha ha ha!



July 11, 2020

I'm actually SO FINE to stay at home but the Yub almost begged to go out. So we did! After 3 months, this was our first real date.

How was it? Read about it in our blog post HERE!



July 12, 2020

We have the new habit now of having breakfast at our terrace. It's just reserved for our light brekkies though. These morning simple gimiks are very relaxing.


July 16, 2020

TRUEW.



July 22, 2020

The pain was real.

We recently celebrated the bday of an officemate and we didn't know where to order!!! GRRRR!!!! Stupid pandemic!



July 23, 2020

Didn't feel like sleeping yet so me and the BGPs chatted at about 1:00am na!



July 23, 2020

Since he cannot go out and got tired of playing videogames, Andrei went back to his old favorite activity of doing his Japanese edible toys.



July 26, 2020

Whenever the Yub and I would hang out at the terrace, Cable would stay with us. We would usually throw her ball and she would run as fast as she could to get it. Sometimes though, we don't. So she gets bored. Cute niya here. He he he he he!



July 28, 2020

Egad my crying at movies went a turn for the first. Biro mo, SPEED, IIYAKAN KO???



July 28, 2020

Because one of my life's joys is trolling my idol. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!




July 30, 2020

Happy 41st Anniversary EAT BULAGA! To celebrate, I made a munting Tiktok. Andrei helped me pa with it.



July 30, 2020

Happy too that we're part of the anniv video of EAT BULAGA!!!!



July 30, 2020

To be honest, I don't miss the BGP too much because we chat and make kulitan EVERYDAY!!! For tonight, we went the extra mile and tried out the new Messenger Room feature in Facebook. We liked the cool 3D features. He he he he he!

==========

AUGUST


August 1, 2020

We formally welcomed the new month with our favorite STEAK DINNER!

Yehesss!!! I think one should always start EVERYTHING with steak. Ha ha ha ha!



August 1, 2020

To show how dedicated the boys' teachers are, Andrei's adviser from the previous schoolyear set up a practice online session with his former students.


August 1, 2020

I tried this out since I saw many posts about it in Tiktok and woah. It was truly an unforgettable experience for me. I'm not sure if it's true or not but it just made me feel so good afterwards and it answered many questions that have been troubling me. Would like to do it again but I'm scared to get something different that might contradict my first experience, kaya wag na lang. Ha ha ha ha!



August 2, 2020

SOMEBODY HAD GROWTH SPURT

Hala! Who is this big boy who’s now (somehow) taller than me??? Noooo! I want you to be my “batang maliit” forever!!!



August 6, 2020

Andrei had another trial session for his online classes this time it was organized by his school.

O di ba. Even with trial online classes, family effort pa din kami. Ha ha ha ha ha! He was actually the one who demanded us to leave.

CHE!



August 7, 2020

I love how this somehow proved that my Daddyowzers is still looking out for us. I don't think it's just a dream. I think he really did something to get that message to us.

NA DI SINABI NG ATE KO. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In her defense, she just realized the significance of the dream after several months. Nyeh!


August 8, 2020

One Saturday morning, the bunsoy and I suddenly had an enormous Mcdonald's breakfast craving.

EGAD. It was SUUUPER good once we ate it. I had my new favorite, Burger Steaksilog, and it was just gorgeous!!!!!!!!


August 9, 2020

My family is to get addicted again to the Boodle set up for our Sunday family lunches. Yun lang, mas ginaganahan kami kumain. Ha ha ha ha ha!

The only ones who don't like it are Mati and Andrei because they don't like eating with their hands. Tsk tsk tsk... I'll throw away all spoons and forks makita nyo.


August 11, 2020

I've been on Tiktok since April and not much action has happened in my account (probably because my posts are private? Tee hee).

I love scrolling through the vids in Tiktok and always fancied this certain filter. I decided to try it out using an old ghost story and BOOM, I got a lot of likes and requests to follow.

Of course, it's not much compared to the others, still, I'm proud that many liked this. So yay!



August 11, 2020

One of my favorite co-hosts in EAT BULAGA submitted his resignation letter. I know that he really needs to move on but we're just going to miss Kuya Anjo during our company getogethers. He's really very nice.



August 13, 2020

Admit it! You don't know this too!

E bakit naman kasi may DISAPPEAR, ONE HALF, ONE FOURTH, ONE NONE??? 🙂

ABER?!!!!!


August 19, 2020

Isn't it surreal how songs which gave you loads of heart-aches before are something to just MEH about now? Seriously! To think that Sheena Easton's "So Much In Love" had so much meaning to me (applicable ang every line), then now, EGAD, WHY?!!!

If I could just go back in time to give myself a bonk in the head, I will!

Kaya if you're hurting over someone, promise, soon, that feeling will be NADAH and you'll laugh at the whole situation.


August 20, 2020

The boys always had reading time at about 10:00am. One weekend, I decided to join them with my PRIDE AND PREJUDICE book.

(I want to read it always but grrrrrr TIKTOK and NETFLIX are just sooo damn addicting!).

We let Cable in for a while for some pats.


August 21, 2020

The Yub was scheduled to do grocery and he shyly asked if I'd like to go with him.

OK FINE!

Ayan, we had an instant date night! He he he he he!



August 22, 2020

Andrei is saving money to buy an RC car and we're helping him out to earn the cash by giving him jobs. Mommy agreed to pay "rent" everytime she uses Andrei's charger.

ABA.... We didn't thought that Andrei's worse than the mafia when reminding us about payments. Ang kulit sobra maningil!!!!!!

One time he even resorted to writing a note for his lola not on a piece of paper but somewhere she wouldn't miss when she's cooking.

HA HA HA HA!


August 22, 2020

Andrei and my Kuya share a love for fishies. They find looking at the aquarium so relaxing.

With that, my Kuya bought a bigger aquarium for their stupid fishies. One of them is Sucky, the janitor fish who, when it was all alone, ate all the fish food and turned pink.

He he he he he!


August 24, 2020

Mati and Andrei’s first day of school!

Every year, the Yub and I would always take the boys to school to meet the teachers, take pictures, and to check out their classes. For the start of this year, the boys have an online set-up. The Yub taught them to start up the computer by themselves and to just holler if they needed anything.
Something tells me that even if they miss their friends, they appreciated this set-up because we’re not able to embarrass them so much. Hehe!



August 26, 2020

BGP and Manong Fred passed by to give us the portable air purifier and some Jollibee! YIPEEE!

Thanks BGP!!!!!



August 29, 2020

My brother and his wife were going to celebrate their wedding anniversary with a thanksgiving mass. My Kuya then informed us that if we wanted to attend confession, we could do so before mass.

I was undecided if I should have confession because I was really ashamed of this one sin. I was scared that the priest might get angry or I'll be judged. I was even making reasons that I don't need to confess really because I'm Aglipay, etc.

Finally the time came and my family were coming out of the Priest's room one by one. So it was my turn. I wasn't really planning on confessing it but while I was talking to the priest, it all came out. Hala... I was suddenly very comforted when the priest said my penance and then ended our session with "God forgives you..."

WOAH... No sermon? No bad looks? No over the top punishment????

While I was doing my penance, I kept on crying. I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of God's love that I felt like a kid who was so scared with getting spanked for my sins but instead found forgiveness from the Daddy. Promise, I still cry whenever I remember the feeling.

I just felt sooooo unworthy of His unforgiveness, tapos in the end, HE DID!

I wonder if it's really true???

Something whispered to me, "Yes. Don't doubt Him."

Kaya yun. I'm not really one to post bible verses because I'm not truly MABAIT. This one though I cannot help but post. I really wanted to mark the occasion and remember the day.

NAKS!





Kuya Jay and Karen renewed their vows to celebrate their anniversary. God always bless you both!

(FYI, we removed our masks just for the picture).




Going home I discovered the that King is dead.

Syempre tears came a-flowing again. Waaaaaaah!!!!!

As if close kami right? I don't know I just tear up at this sad news. Haaaay.



August 31, 2020

Monday was a holiday and we thought of taking the big guy out for some sun and ramen!!!

Too bad the little bunsoy can't join us. Maybe next time.


================================

MOVIES

We can't go to the theatre to watch movies because of covid, and it's such a bummer because it's something I really love doing with THE YAPPY BUNCH.

With that, we just had our regular movie nights at home. And I don't think that it's such a bad thing! At least, tipid pa. We got to do our favorite activity that's cost efficient.

I grew up having fond memories of my Dad taking us to the movies and it's our favorite family dates because it's like a whole package (dinner and film). We would always have an awesome time!!! These family outings gave me such wonderful memories that it's also my favorite gimick with my new family.

You know how songs or food would suddenly give you reminiscent flashbacks? That's what movies do to us as well. Now even if we cannot go out, we still had our regular movie nights at home and our time for that is sacred! (As in nobody could disturb us).

Here are some of the films that we saw and loved during our movie nights this ECQ. Some I haven't seen before and others were my childhood favorites (which the boys enjoyed when we saw it).

Yep! We're really a movie lovin' family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



May 6, 2020

Sonic the Hedgehog!



May 8, 2020

Re-watched the HARRY POTTER movie series for the boys.

Another great part about our Harry Potter movie nights was that Mommy joined us. Ang saya lang!



May 8, 2020

And the last scene. Awwwwwwwwww!



May 23, 2020

THIS IS SPINAL TAP! Ha ha ha ha!



May 25, 2020

The Extreme Job!

This was not drop dead hilariously funny but it WAS entertaining!

Yep. Even if the lead cop was the baddie from KINGDOM!!! He he he he...



May 26, 2020

After Harry Potter, we started watching the JAMES BOND series (as requested by Mati). We're watching ALL of the JAMES BOND movies but I'm sharing some of the ultra memorable ones for me here.

This scene showed Sean Connery saying the first time his iconic line "Bond. James Bond."


May 29, 2020

Sean Connery's first gun barrel intro in THUNDERBALL!



May 29, 2020

First time they showed Blofeld in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE!


May 31, 2020

In Her Majesty's Secret Service!

I really wasn't planning on watching this with the boys but since it was in the "list", okay fine. So I watched it and expecting to hate the movie (due to George Lazenby's reputation).

Turns out, it was a great movie! Of course, it's no Sean Connery film but still, we see a different side of Bond here -- one that was heartbroken over the death of his wife.

Awwwww.....


June 21, 2020

FINALLY FINISHED JAMES BOND MARATHON

FINALLY finished our James Bond movie marathon! Yep! All 26 movies (including Never Say Never Again and excluding Casino Royale of 1967). Somehow (drama na naman), I’m going to miss our nightly habit which was also a homage to my Daddyowzers and his love for 007. I guess, in my very sentimental way, I think he’s also with us here because it’s just too much of a coincidence that the last night fell on Father’s Day. Hehehe!

By the way, here are our verdicts with no. 1 at the top:

Favorite Bond Actor:
ME — 1. Sean Connery 2. Roger Moore (the Bond of my childhood) 3. Timothy Dalton (he’s surprisingly good).
Mati — 1. Sean Connery 2. Daniel Craig 3. Roger Moore.
Yub — 1. Daniel Craig 2. Roger Moore 3. Pierce Brosnan

Fave Bond movies:
ME (AUUUGHHH cant pick just 3) — 1. Diamonds are Forever (my childhood fave) 2. The Spy Who Loved Me 3. Casino Royale
Mati — 1. From Russia with Love  2. For Your Eyes Only 3. Goldeneye
Yub — 1. Skyfall 2. Casino Royale 3. Spectre

Fave Bond songs:
Me (AUUUGHHH) — 1. For Your Eyes Only 2. Nobody Does It Better 3. A View To A Kill
Mati 1. From Russia with Love 2. A View to a Kill 3. Goldeneye
Yub — 1. Skyfall 2. Live and Let Die 3. A View To A Kill

Fave Bond Girls:
Me (for me looks and character) — 1. Barbara Bach 2. Eva Green 3. Judi Dench (hehehe)
Mati — 1. Solitaire 2. Pussy Galore 3. Honey Rider
Yub — 1. Diana Rigg 2. Mary Goodnight 3. Vesper Lynde

Fave Bond stunts:
Me — 1. Spy Who Loved Me Parachute Jump 2. Moonraker jump Parachute Race. 3 Man with the Golden Gun Car jump.
Mati — 1. Live and Let Die Crocodile Run 2. Moonraker Parachute Chase 3. Casino Royale Car Flip
Yub — 1.  Live and Let Die Crocodile Run 2. Man with the Golden Gun Car Jump. 3. Spy Who Loved Me parachute jump.

Fave Gun Barrel:
Me — 1. Sean Connery 2. Roger Moore 3. Pierce Brosnan
Mati — 1. Roger Moore 2. George Lazenby 3. Sean Connery
Yub — 1. Roger Moore 2. Daniel Craig 3. Sean Connery

Will add more!

June 22, 2020

Enjoyed the movie with the boys and it also gave them a lesson about kindness and strength. Andrei read the book and he had a grand time pointing out how it was different from the movie.
(Because I cannot teach them about the latter as I am a bruhilda’s minion and all... hehe... well at least hindi “nagbabait baitan”).

Infer. Pogi ni Jack Will.



June 24, 2020

Started to watch the HOBBIT franchise with the boys!



June 28, 2020

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

My favorite and most memorable part in the movie when I was a kid was when Gene Wilder took a bite from his Buttercup teacup. I was like WOAAAAAH because it validated how everything was indeed edible there!!!

It fooled me into believing that the Goya Factory also had the same setting. Hahaah! I wonder where I could see a copy of that ad?


June 30, 2020

Started with the Lord of the Rings franchise, EXTENDED VERSION! He he he he!

Ang pogi ni Legolas in fer.


July 3, 2020

Andrei's new favorite line from the movie....



July 4, 2020

Finally had the courage to watch THE FOX AND THE HOUND again this time with the boys. Syempre there were loads of waterworks pa din. Stupid movie. I think this is the second time I've only seen this film because I got so traumatized with the first time. Ha ha ha ha ha!



July 10, 2020

I saw that Mommy was about to watch GHOST TOWN because she can't find anything worth watching in Netflix. With that I really intervened (because whaddaheck is GHOSTOWN??) and suggested that we watch one of my favorite movies, THE HOLIDAY.

Success because my Mom loved it!!!!At elast we also had another bonding ngiht too.

This also marked the start of our romcom movie nights!



July 19, 2020

SLEEPLESS in SEATTLE!


July 21, 2020

SABRINA!

Enjoyed this way much more than the new version.



July 30, 2020

An Affair to Remember!!! Jeeez... I cry just telling the story!!!!!!! Mati enjoyed this movie too. I'm not sure though if the crying was true or he's just making fun of me.



July 31, 2020

CHARADE!

This is one Daddy's favorite movies. It's a good watch but I really can't get over Cary Grant making the face above.



August 2, 2020

SCOTT PILGRIM vs THE WORLD!

Saw this for movie night as per Mati’s request. It’s like a movie with ADHD — sumakit ulo ko. Hahahaha! Anyway SCOTT PILGRIM VS the WORLD was still entertaining though I could imagine my Dad grunting in distaste over it. Hahaha! Not for oldies! Buti na lang nagustuhan ko super. Haha!

Kidding.



August 3, 2020
E.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For family movie night — E.T.!!! It’s been years since I saw this last and thought that it’s the perfect film to share with the boys. As usual, I was in tears at the parts where it had special memories of me watching it with my family in the theatre.


August 4, 2020

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD!

One of Gregory Peck’s finest. We watched this because Mati already finished the book. I think this is also a perfect watch for father’s day (as author Harper Lee based the character of Atticus on her father). After watching, Mati said “It’s sad that they dont make movies like this anymore.”



August 6, 2020

For movie night — THE HORRORS OF DRACULA! Kuya Jon recommended! I remembered seeing the clip below many times in IBC 13. Haha! To be honest, I liked this much more than the OA Dracula (Gary Oldman version). The simpler the better.


August 13, 2020

For movie night — THE GRADUATE! First time to watch it and didn’t expect to enjoy it as much! 🙂


August 15, 2020

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY!

Watched this with the hub till 230am! Is it wrong that Im so keen on a (supposedly) 12 year old little guy???


August 15, 2020

First time watching this again in a LOOOONNNG time — “To Be Or Not To Be” with  the orig power couple, Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft. I remember Daddy LOL-ing at the “Excuse me. Pardon me” part. Hehe! Really enjoyed seeing this with the guys!



August 27, 2020

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." SO TRUE.

That famous line-up.

I'm one of the few people who haven't seen THE USUAL SUSPECTS and I wonder why it took so long for me to see it. Good thing I haven't seen any spoilers with regards to the ending (when I read it's already common knowledge). Too bad Mati wasn't with us while we were watching it. He said he'll watch it tomorrow. 🙂



August 30, 2020

And it was not really scheduled but in honor of THE KING.

Huhuhuhu!!!

BLACK PANTHER!



================================


"STAYCATIONS"

Best part about having a loving home is that you wouldn't mind staying there even if it was imposed by the government. He he he he!

Kaya sige lang!!!!!! I could do this all day... or all year... or for the rest of my life! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!



I remember waking up time to a rainy morning and it just felt soooo cool and comfy on my bed that I stayed there till 9:30am! Ha ha ha ha ha!

The best part?? It was a Saturday so I could actually stay longer if I wanted to (but I didn't because Mommy duty calls... ha ha ha).




Besides our usual favorite activities in the house (eating, cooking, sleeping, watching tv, etc), we also enjoyed just staying in the terrace and letting the natural cool breeze of the night relax us. There was one particular time I remember that after cleaning up, I saw Mommy reading a magazine and having tea there. I joined her and saw our kulit cat GBF lounging beside her. I massaged his fat self with long swipes from my foot and he seemed to like it. Later on, Andrei joined us.

It was just a nice and quiet time where nobody needed to talk but we still enjoyed being together.

Bonding time at it's "intimate-est."

Now THAT'S what I call a "home-cation." He he he he!

===============================


FOOD TRIPS

Again, since we cannot go out, here are some of the memorable dishes that we cooked or ordered!


May 1, 2020

My home made "Bacsilog"! This was soooo good that I dreamed about it that night.


May 3, 2020

I really love our spread! Tulong tulong kami sa luto — kuya Jon cooked the steaks, Mommy made the pumpkin soup, I did the Pasta, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy, ate Jit did the salad, and Mati and Andrei set this all up!!!

Mommy bought all ingredients btw. Hahaha! The yub took care of Sashimi (my request!).



May 4, 2020

Burger Steak with everything!!!!!!!!!!!!


May 7, 2020

Received an Advanced Mother's Day gift from PLANA'S PANTRY!!!!


May 9, 2020

Cooked Adobo and my Mom and family said it's so good daw! Yayyyy!!!!

Mommy liked my Adobo so much that she ordered another kilo of pork for me to cook again.





Besides the Adobo, Mati cooked din MISO SOUP! And yep! It was sooo delish as well. Restaurant quality I assure you.




Since we had extra shrimps at home, I thought of making this SPICY SHRIMP PASTA recipe by Seonkyoung Longest!

If you love Korean food and Kimchi, you would really like this. Sarap niya! I'm craving tuloy now. Ha ha ha 


May 16, 2020

Steak lunch!!!!!!!!

Haaaay! This strengthened us during the ECQ. Ha ha ha ha!





We had another steak lunch on another day but we liked the Mad Mark's meats more.

STILL, we had a very good meal!


May 25, 2020

For Mati's Baccalaureate Mass day (online) I cooked up something special for him -- Hainanese Chicken Rice!!!!

Recipe from Marion Grasby HERE!



June 5, 2020

FINALLY, BIG MAC returns in MCDONALD'S!!! I'm so happy!!!!



June 9, 2020

Had a delicious Japanese lunch for Saturday. Kuya Jon took care of the meats while I did the fried rice and veggies. They said it tasted like the one in Kimpura. YAY!

Thanks Kuya Jay and Karen for the Wagyu Cubes! Saraaaap!



June 10, 2020

HEAVEN'S COUTNRY

If craving for some home-made goodness in Antipolo area, check out Heaven’s Country Kitchen goodies!!!!!!

Menu changes so do contact Karen for your inquiries and orders at 09173117852 🙂
FOR PICK UP AND DELIVERY

For deliveries, customers can book via GrabExpress / Lalamove (fees c/o customer)

Wohooo!



June 20, 2020

BIRYANI TO GO

Craved for some Indian food this weekend so I tried out Biryani To Go Ph!!! And woah, saraaaap! It had that Indian homecooked style goodness with familiar Filipino flavors that will also entice the picky eaters. I cannot stop eating the Biryani (especially when I doused it with their garlic sauce) even when Im supposed to be watching the carbs. Hehehe! Will definitely order again.




Oh and if you can, choose to have it delivered. I read that their delivery guy/owner is pugi. And yehessss! Walang himala! Makisig and matipuno sya. Hahaha!

(Pero syempre mas pogi pa din si Yubeven in his Supreme Leader haircut. Hehe).


June 21, 2020

Father's Day Lunch for DADDY!



June 23, 2020

The family missed TROPICAL HUT so much that when I mentioned it to Mommy, she got so game.  I guess we both remembered how Daddy would always bring home burgers and macaroni salad for us.

We missed TROPICAL HUT so much that even if I learned there was 50% promo discount in Mcdo, we stuck with our original choice of Tropical Hut (decided on the night before) because we were all seriously craving for it.

I know we could have it the next day (after getting the Mcdonald's promo) but we can't help it. We just GOTTA have TROPICAL HUT that night!



June 25, 2020

LE CHING DINNER!

One time Kuya Jon went to Greenhills and thought of taking home our favorite Spare Rib Rice. It was like a party for us! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! LE CHING always makes us happy.

The only time that LE CHING gave us bad memories was remembering how we would always have it during Daddy's wake.  Oh well.... It's our favorite talaga kasi.



June 26, 2020

Steak Lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super sarap! Yun lang, that Potato Au Gratin was a major fail. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!


July 4, 2020

So happy to discover in SAMGYUPSALAN UNLI KOREAN - Mandaluyong!!  For only P899.00 we got pork and meat galore (500g each) in a special Bulgogi sauce! Comes with side dishes too. The set says it’s good for 3-4pax pero our family of 7 got bondat na! (We got 500g of Chicken for only P199 din). Super sulit and delish for our Korean Saturday night. It definitely answerred our cravings this weekend!


July 9, 2020

MILKY DUST DONUTS!!!!

Milky Dust Donuts has a new flavor and it’s now my favorite! The Strawberry Milkshake Milky Dust (P350/tub)!!!! The donut is soft with the right amount of chewiness while the filling, aye caramba, the fruity strawberry jelly with the luscious sweet cream go so well together!!! Omigoshness!!! Will definitely get this again!

I think I’ll have the Strawberry Milkshake Milky Dust all to myself. Don’t worry, I got the boys’ favorites (Chocolate and Mocha) to keep them busy. Hahaha! Thanks Milky Dust Donuts for letting me try you new creation! 🙂



July 18, 2020

The boys have a new favorite -- PANDA EXPRESS!!!!! It's good and not as oily as Chowking BUT the servings were so much more in the US.



July 26, 2020

We recently saw SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE and there's a part where they were eating Clams Vongole Spaghetti. I got inggit so much that I made some for the family. Sooo yum!



July 27, 2020

My classmate, who manages CUCINA DE ANDREA, shared with me her Avocado Meringue Pie! Thanks Tricia!


August 2, 2020

We had a belated birthday celebration for Anthony where we had a boodle lunch feast for Sunday family lunch.

As usual, it was SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!


August 19, 2020

Made Thai pork basil (recipe by Seonkyoung Longest) because we had extra basil and I didn't want it to go to waste. So yum and very simple to cook! Highly recommended. Andrei even said “It’s sooo good Mommy! Please cook it again and again!”


August 20, 2020

The previous week, I made these Chicken Soy Noodles that we're good yes, but not mind-blowing.

One night I thought of fixing up the leftovers by tossing it with veggies and a tweaked sauce.

The result, this super delicious Chicken Chow Mein! Ay mas mabilis naubos to compared to the other one. Ha ha ha ha ha1



August 23, 2020

For Sunday family lunch, we got budol budol again. Ha ha ha ha ha!



August 30, 2020

For the next week, we had a different setting na. Ha ha ha!



August 31, 2020

Ending the month with a glistening piping hot bowl of Ramen. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! Missed this so much and I'm glad to have finally had it!!!!

You can read all about it. HERE!

=============================

What I really learned in this pandemic is that happiness is indeed a choice. If you learn to appreciate all the blessings around you and find joy in the important matters (family, friends, simple things), you would never feel "stuck."

With the way things are going I'm sure we will need to appreciate everything that we have to get us through this crisis. So yeah, tonight, include a loving "Thank You" to God in your prayers before you sleep.

:)

Good news too! PART THREE COMING UP!

Har de har har!!!!

SO.

THERE.




+++++++++++++++++++

ILYD





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...