family collage

Thursday, February 26, 2015

YUUJIN

For many years, we have been passing along Wilson Street when going home to (!!!CENSORED!!!) and not once have we eaten at this quiet Japanese restaurant on the main road. The restaurant's name is YUUJIN and I always thought that since it was situated besides houses upon houses of the posh Greenhills' subdivision, the prices there would be as high as cutie pie Godzilla. But, after reading the blog entry of dear SUGAR, SPICE, AND EVERYTHING NICE, I was enlighted that food there was not only delicious but very affordable!

HALLELUJAH! It's time to PARTY! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Okay I may be going overboard (as I usually do) but you do see how that's great news to us.

So one night after work instead of suffering the hustle and bustle of mall restaurants, the Chinese Adonis and I went for the reclusive YUUJIN.  And, after a very delicious and satisfying meal, we felt a bit guilty for bypassing this Japanese oldie for such a long time. To think that IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR MANY YEARS and other people who live faraway have been blogging about it! Oh well that's lesson learned for us to NEVER take such restaurants for granted. Sometimes what could be your "next favorite" may already be under your noses and you haven't given it a chance at all!

Now that would give us MORE reason to try out EVERY restaurant at our route going home to (!!CENSORED!!). First stop, MCDONALDS!

KIDDING. Duh. He he he he he!


YUUJIN JAPANESE CUISINE!



The facade of YUUJIN is really like an old house that was converted into a restaurant.



Save for the few signs outside, you would only think that they are having some sort of party inside with a celebrant named YUUJIN. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Okay fine I guess I made my point already. 



Entrance to YUUJIN is via this red brickway.


Inside is a very casual set up for a Japanese restaurant. 



If I may be so bold, it is a level higher than your favorite Chinese Binondo restaurant BUT colder with maximum air conditioning. YEAH!



YUUJIN menu



Oh my apologies just the YUUJIN rice menu. I think I got lazy in taking all of the pictures again. 



YUUJIN simple condiments.



A very no frills set up!



As they handed us the menu, YUUJIN servers gave us this complimentary appetizer pickled squid, carrots, etc. in a sauce similar to what they have with kimchi, only it was not spicy. 



It was actually quite good and I could see myself eating THIS with rice! Yum! The carrots were also crunchy to the bite. Just the way I like em.

Do you find me cute in this picture (sorry I rather think poorly of myself at times)? Check out the previous one Yub took that he was guffawing over.



GAAAH!

He he he he he!



Time to order! Our server was very courteous, polite, and was very accommodating even if we were there at about 20 minutes to closing time. 



Doing the deed.... in a not so lady-like way. He he he he he!



My date who would ALWAYS get unflattering pictures of me.



Our order came with a bowl of hot and tasty miso soup.

Aaah so satisfying and just hits the spot!



My new favorite in Japanese restaurants is a serving of spicy, creamy, and just over all delectable Hot Tuna Salad (P305.00). I know this was meant to be an appetizer but I sometimes have it with fried rice!!!!!



The fried tempura bits add a very pleasant crunch to this exciting dish (Yep! I find it so!).

In every restaurant that I go to, I always request for this Tuna Salad to be EXTRA creamy and EXTRA spicy! The only way to go!!!



So happy with my YUUJIN spicy tuna!! The fish was fresh and was truly delectable with the mayo dressing and spices! EGAD my mouth is so drooling right now.



I dipped it in soy sauce with wasabi!



I was in the mood to live dangerously that night so I ordered an extra plate of YUUJIN Mixed Tempura (P215.00) to share.

Well actually, I'll share with him 1 piece of the Ebi Tempura. I know I shouldn't but I would! 

Susmadremio!!! I'm the most generous wife there is! I should be winning an award!

HA HA HA HA HA!



Of course, I cannot have all of that WITHOUT a cup of Japanese Fried Rice (P100.00).

AWESOMEEE!



Yub was craving for some Chicken Teriyaki (P260.00) with rice and had an instant bonding moment when his bowl was placed before him in YUUJIN. 



The chicken was hot off the griller and was glazed with a Teriyaki sauce that had the right sweetness levels. Much better than our usual go-to Japanese fast food restaurant!



Normally, I would only have special drinks on my cheat day (Saturday) but whaddaheck. I'm breaking all barriers of fat-dom already! So I'm welcoming my trusty bottomless iced tea (P80.00) to wash down the delicious food!



ERICJAZ FOODIES and lone lady at YUUJI!




"Miss... miss... Ekaw ba ay nalolongkot? Walang makaosap?"

She should've just joined us I know. However, I'm not sure if she'll want to sit with us weirdos.



Our food! Our glorious-whaddahel-were-we-thinking-passing-by-this-gem FOOD!



Digging in!



Nom.. Nom... Nom....

In tagalog.... Ngasab...Ngasab... Nguya... Lunok...




DONE!



Our YUUJIN bill!



Next time you're in the Greenhills/San Juan area, do try out this long time Japanese grub survivor in Wilson Street. Believe me, it wouldn't stay THAT long faraway from the shopping center if it's not worth every piece of your buck AND appetite!!!!

I. Thank. You.

He he he he he!

LET'S EAT!


Check it out 


YUUJIN JAPANESE CUISINE
221 Wilson Street, Bgy. Greenhills
San Juan del Monte
(02) 706 0626

4 comments:

  1. saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!! Hay super duper inggit! and the price is super affordable.. I remember my vdayte.. it was uhm shall we say expensive Japanese good things SHE paid for it.. whewww!! Hahaha See you soon Jazzzz!! Misu guys na :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Mr. Jeng!!!! Exactly!!! Food is good and affordable! Pwedeng pwede..... ha ha ha ha! Ikaw talaga! Double date tayo please with your lovely vdayte!!! Miss you guys too!!!!! Hope to see you and your kindness soon!!!! Mwah!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried their hot tuna salad. I'll definitely try it when I go back! Excellent post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should!!!! It's my favorite! Thanks for dropping by TUMMY WANDERER! Have a great and hungry day!!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...