family collage

Sunday, March 30, 2014

BURGOO (PART DEUX)

For the past week, my husband and I have been meeting up with Mareng Gail and Pareng Jun that I am almost nauseated at the thought of seeing them again. Imagine, in the span of 7 days, we saw each other almost every other day, talking about the same thing, looking at the same faces. Tsk... tsk... tsk....


Not really to exaggerate or anything but I think I almost had nightmares of her! Ngiiii!!!!


I was ready to send her a PM in FACEBOOK to ask for "a break" ("It's not you... It's me...) but then she offered this special discount deal she got for BURGOO where you'll pay only P599.00 to get P1,000.00 worth of food.


AMAZING right?


And so just like that, we're meeting up with THE CAMPOS again. Tee hee!


I told you, with ERICJAZ FOODIES, it's ALWAYS about the food.


Tee hee!


Duh. I love my Mareng Gail!!!! That's how deep our "sisterhood" is!!!!  Obviously, I'm joking!
Or am I? He he he he he!



BURGOO!!!





BURGOO in Power Plant Mall used to be bigger but it was renovated and the "other half" went to Boon Tong Kee. 



My husband and I live so close to Power Plant Mall that naturally we were first in BURGOO --- think 20 minutes from the Mental Institution situated in Mandaluyong City. 

Kidding! Ha ha ha ha! But yes, we're only about 5 minutes away. 



Mareng Gail and Pareng Jun are here!




ERICJAZ FOODIES!

It was a shame that Mareng Gail did not bring my god daughter Sasha with her to BURGOO





Let's just say the last time we ate in BURGOO (SEE HERE), little Sasha did not feel like smiling for Ninang.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Kidding!



Mareng Gail and Pareng Jun gave a belated birthday gift to Yub with his favorite preserved green mangoes (from ABE) and her favorite Cronuts!



Our servers from BURGOO were very nice and happy that even if they got a few of our orders wrong, we just let it go. :)




First on our table was me and Mareng Gail's favorite, BURGOO's Caesar Salad with Popcorn Shrimps (P495.00)!!!




Yes this was always a must order for us in BURGOO because we love the creamy anchovy dressing with the crunchy lettuce and tasty breaded shrimps!



Oh thank you BURGOO for this wonderful blessing!!




Pareng Jun ordered the BURGOO Shrimp and Chips (P495.00)! He was not too happy about it because he was expecting it to be fried to a crisp (as he specified and made sure with our server). But still this would be satisfying to those who love their shrimps cooked like the classic "Camaron Rebusado".

As for me, I found this a bit bland for my taste too! But there is nothing that a generous dip in the tar tar sauce could cure!



My appetizer plate!! 

I forgot to take a picture of Yub's BURGOO Nachos (P325.00). It's may be a good thing though because my husband asked them to deconstruct the whole dish (he didn't want salsa or any sort of vegetable on his nachos). It may not look appetizing but the nachos were still a good munch while waiting for our order. 



Mareng Gail and I also shared with an order of BURGOO's Pork Chops (P395.00)! We asked for a 2 piece platter of these tender babies but our server misunderstood and only gave us one. 



It was a good thing though because that one thick piece with the rice and coleslaw already gave us full tummies!




Would've loved it if BURGOO added more mayonnaise to their coleslaw... Tee hee!!!!



Our ice cold drinks for a night of fun in BURGOO!!




Our full table at BURGOO!

See my husband's naked nachos at 3:00?



ERICJAZ FOODIES and our beloved CAMPOS in BURGOO!



DONE!




Our BURGOO bill!!

As always, even if we were eating and chatting for the whole time we were at BURGOO, it was not enough (read BITIN!). We can't wait to meet up with the lovely CAMPOS again real soon!

LET'S EAT!


See here:


Burgoo
Power Plant Mall
3/F Power Plant Mall, Amorsolo St
Poblacion, Makati
(02) 898-1815 to 17


2 comments:

  1. Gone are the days when burgoo made sense. now they're a passe and struggling on. I heard that they will be closing this year because of lack of sales. because due to their lack of taste...and ingredients

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they will improve real soon because we love their salad!!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...