family collage

Monday, April 3, 2017

RECIPES WITH TEAM MINA


The Chinese Dimpols recently had a business trip to Indonesia. And even if I sometimes want to wring his neck, his short absence made me miss him terribly and proved how I couldn't live without him.

Yuuuuckkkkk.....

Yeah. To the point that when he came back I was all sad and "wawa" when I said "Don't ever leave na ha..."

Yuuuuckkkkkkk some more with matching nausea!!!!!! Blech! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, when he left on a Sunday, my Best Gal Pal BGP Mariane with her crummy hubby Manong Fred came to my rescue and took me out immediately on a Monday. Dear BGP was craving for some "Chicharon Bulaklak" and we know the only place where we can't have enough of THAT....




RECIPES!!!!!!


ROLL CALL!

Manong Fred and BGP Marian!!!!



Plus me and..... (cricket... cricket...)

CHE!!!



First on the table is our favorite, RECIPES Chicharon Bulaklak (P175.00)! 



And guess what? We ordered not just one, but TWO of these crunchy, salty, fatty, and super addicting babies!




Walang BESTIE BESTIE dito (yuck I hate the term)!!!

When it comes to Chicharon Bulaklak, it's every gal for herself!!!!!



I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos with foreigners eating Filipino food and almost always, DINUGUAN is on the menu. So since I'm a practicing "Monkey see - Monkey do" type of girl, I requested for the RECIPES Dinuguan (P190.00) to share with the Manong Fred.




Oooh... The pork blood stew was thick like gravy with cubes of fatty pork. Me going to likey eating this with mah garlic rice!!!!!!!!!!



What if I get all of this and not share????



Of course when in RECIPES, you should never forget to order their General's Chicken (P230.00)!!!! You'll never stop savoring the crispy breaded nuggets tossed in sweet spicy sauce and served with sliced eggplants. Sarap! Malimanman na ulam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



______JAZ FOODIES with Team Mina!!!

Uuuuy! I'm smiling na!



My plate!!! My full and fatty plate!




I could munch on the Chicharon Bulaklak the whoooole day!




BURP!!!!




The RECIPE bill arrives!!!!!!



(No eye contact)
I was so thankful for the generosity of Manong Fred in RECIPES! When my Mom called to ask something, I told her agad how he treated me!!!!



(No eye contact pa din)
Biro mo, when the bill arrived, he immediately got it from the waiter... Sya na daw bahala! I helped him na lang by drinking more from the bottomless iced tea. Para sulit talaga!




In fact, I was waiting for him to tell me how much my share is, he didn't say anything talaga!!!!




While Manong Fred was settling the bill, I saw some friends pa entering RECIPES!!!! They were good friends but not as kind and generous as Manong Fred!




Tee hee!!! Juuuust kidding! But really, thank you BGP Marian and Manong Fred for the treat!!!!




Afterwards, I insisted on treating them for dessert!!!! It's the least I could do to my best friends for treating me to dinner and giving me a ride home.

Thanks sooo much! Love you Team Mina!!!!!!!!!!!! You just made the Yub's absence less lonely!!! He he he he he he he he!!!!

OH.

YEAAAAH!



RECIPES (GREENBELT)
Level 2, Greenbelt 3, 
Ayala Center, Greenbelt, Makati City
02 7280920





4 comments:

  1. Hahaha so funny the recipe part :) The Dinuguan tho... is it better than Red Ribbon's Ms. Jaz? Wala na kasi yung sa Red Ribbon, we go to Tropical Hut na lang as an alternative.

    Plus the General's Chicken looks yummers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo dear Yanna!!!!! The dinuguan was good but it's not as saucy as Red Ribbons (or Goldilocks?) Pero it's more rich and natural flavors. Try mo din. I haven't tried Tropical Hut's!!! Masarap??

      The GENERAL'S CHICKEN is a winner. Try it sarap niya! Spicy sweet!!! But of course, the best si Chicharon Bulaklak with Garlic Rice. Eat ka na habang you're young. When you become a senior citizen like me, bawal na. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Mmwaaahness!

      Delete
  2. Haha sorry I meant receipt part :) Masarap yung sa Tropical, one serving size means 3 cups of rice for me noon. Hahaha!


    Huhuhu I'm on a #balikalindog program, but I shall try... konti lang. Hahaha :) May five to ten years pa ko before senior citizenship. Hahaha. Thank you for the recos, Ms. Jaz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha ha! Ay I forgot to respond to that too! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yes we had a lot of laughs doing that part. It's our usual joke kasi na come paying time, no eye contact. Ha ha ha ha ha!!! But really, Fred and Marian were going to treat me that night. That's just for extra laughs. He he he he he he he!

      Naku payat payat mo nga ano ba. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! You're welcome! Mmmwaaaaaaaah!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...