family collage

Monday, March 12, 2018

MIREIO TREAT FOR MY FAMILY


When the Chinese Ogre and I had dinner with our KTG friends recently to celebrate the first anniversary of MIREIO, I really had a great and delicious time that I promised myself to bring my Mom and the little lords here very soon. 



And THAT we did!

With feelings! He he he he he he!



MIREIO!!!!

We immediately made reservations to enjoy MIREIO's "A Year in Provence". That is where in celebration of their first anniversary selected items in the menu were only priced at P365.00 net.

That's so COOL or C'est chouette!!!!!!




It was a rainy night but I was glad that even if I drove from Quezon City, I arrived on time.



We were given a table near the windows to enjoy the view. 

Wohooo.... Not too shabby!



Service was impeccable at MIREIO. Sorry for the generalization but for a French restaurant, nobody was snotty -- everybody was friendly and so accommodating. Even the French manager was so nice and even offered to take our pictures when he saw me doing a selfie.


ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy, Master Mati, and Ate Jowjesh!!!




Me and the Chinese Ogre.

Oh yeah. He will be known as THAT from now on.




The baby bunsoy who was feeling sleepy because he's been awake since 5:30am.




We were given a basket of complimentary warm bread that immediately made us go wow.




We gasped for a moment to admire what could be the most attractive bread basket that I have seen to date. But we got over it fast and devoured it with butter and olive oil. He he he he he!



And they gave us not one but 2 bread baskets... He he he he he! 

Our dinner at MIREIO is certainly going on a great start!

Yohooo! Here's our food to share!



First dish on the table was a bowl of  MIREIO Soup of Green Lentil with Pan Seared Foie Gras and White Truffle Oil.

Rich and bold. This went so well with our crusty bread.




MIREIO Tomato Tart with Clams, Snails, Rocket, and Parmesan.

This may not look much but this was my favorite among the appetizers. The tomatoes were tart and went well with the bitterness of the rocket (lettuce?) and shaved parmesan. The buttery crust soaked in all of the tomatoey and seafood juices. Yummmmm....




Andrei's favorite was the MIREIO Fresh and Smoked Salmon Tartare with Granny Smith Apple. 

I liked this too but the Tomato tart was more unforgettable for me.




For the mains we had the MIREIO Orzo with King Prawns Flambeed with Pastis and Star Anis cream.

We had 2 of these because we know the kiddies will like this and we were right.



My only deal though was that before, they had 3 prawns per serving of this promo dish. Too bad we only got 2 pieces.  Good thing the prawn was fatty.




MIREIO Herb Crusted Jackfish, Ratatouille, Ginger and Olive Oil dressing.

Again, my crummy picture does not do justice to this seafood dish. This was my Mom's favorite because the fish was still moist and delicate flavors were complemented by the tangy ratatouille. 



As for me, I remember raving about the MIREIO Slow-cooked Oxtail with Black Truffle Jus and Mesclun.




Auughhh... It was still buttery tender, rich, hearty, and super well seasoned as I remember it to be. If I wasn't watching my 23 inch waistline (weh?), I would say BRING ON THE RICE!

In its place, I just had about 4 pieces of bread. He he he he he he!



I ordered Mom a glass of Casa Rose wine (P395.00) to enjoy with her food. She can't finish it all so she just shared with us. He he he he he he he!




ERICJAZ FOODIES with the family at MIREIO!!!




Gobble... Gobble....



For dessert, we got the MIREIO Maraicabo Mousse, Chocolate Ice Cream, Mousse, and Hazelnut Crunch!



You may scoff at the serving but believe me, this was so rich that you'll enjoy sharing this with your dinner mates.



My favorite was the MIREIO Lavender Creme Brulee with Lemon Madeleine since it was creamy, sweet, yet light in flavors. 



MIREIO also served 2 plates of complimentary petit four chocolate desserts. The chocolate were delicious and fancy enough to be put in a box for valentines......

HEYYYY... THAT'S WHAT I SHOULD'VE DONE!!!

:(



Ate Jowjishhhh ordered a cup of Mint Tea (P220.00).



Galit galit again!!!!!!




Done!




My bill!

With some "donation" from the Chinese Ogre. Tee hee!




The MIREIO promo where all of these dishes were P365.00 nett was long over. But with the whole experience and the quality and deliciousness of their French food, we'll certainly go back to enjoy it again even at its regular prices. 

You should too! I'm sure you'll also have an unforgettable and sosy wosy time!!!!

SO.

THERE.



MIREIO
Raffles Hotel, 1 Raffles Drive, 
Makati Avenue, San Lorenzo, Makati City
02 5559888





+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...