family collage

Saturday, December 9, 2017

MIREIO OF RAFFLES MAKATI TURNS ONE!


I remember reading the book A YEAR IN PROVENCE a long time ago and it really made an impact on my not so bookworm self. The book, authored by Peter Mayle, was very memorable for many reasons: the witty love story between the main characters, the wonderful description of the French countryside, but most of all, how the main guy, also named Peter Mayle, just LOOOOOVED to eat.


And he paired off everything with wine!!!!

That is why when I saw an invite celebrating the first anniversary of MIREIO in RAFFLES MAKATI, I almost did a double take when they also called it "A YEAR IN PROVENCE." Woah! I immediately pointed out my love for the book and how it made me want to eat more (yehesssss). Now, I get a chance to eat some of the dishes that made me drool while reading, and I don't need to book a ticket to France -- it's just right here in the very heart of Makati!


Check out the first anniversary celebration of MIREIO from December 8-12, 2017, and experience French food as intricately prepared by MIREIO at a discounted price!



We were driving out from Katipunan, Quezon City but our goal tonight was to reach RAFFLES MAKATI by hook or by crook.




And only after 45 minutes (yep, under the rains and during this Christmas season), the Chinese Dimpol and I arrived in MIREIO!
Yes! Only 45 minutes! It's like we were in the Twilight Zone and everything happened as we hoped it would! He he he he he!



Inside MIREIO the vibe was elegant yet festive. 



MIREIO is definitely a place where you want to bring your loved ones who will not only be impressed with the food but also with the posh interiors as well.



You'll love MIREIO's attention to every fashionable detail that completes the overall sophistication of the restaurant. 




And what's a French dinner without cocktails and wine?



And it's time to join my favorite foodie family, THE KTG for A Year in Provence in MIREIO!




Settling down to our seats, I noticed the MIREIO does not need mile-long utensil settings to let you know that dinner will be something special. 




To celebrate their first anniversary, MIREIO will be featuring A year in Provence!



From December 8 to 12, 2017, have a taste of their topnotch specialties at only P365.00 nett per dish. Seriously, that's very reasonable considering the quality AND regular price of each menu item.


 

Now LET'S START EATING.



We were in a loooong table but we were seated with NINES VS FOOD...




And the lovely HUNGRY KAT!



Of course, whenever there's a KTG event, our bossing Spanky will definitely be there. 

Now I know it's going to be a very fun dinner!!!!!!



MIREIO served a complimentary basket of bread with butter, olive oil, and a tuna spread as appetizer. Just with this first course, the Yub and I were already oh so happy.



Now it's officially time to savor A YEAR IN PROVENCE -- 365 days of MIREIO (in honor of their first anniversary).



First up was a bowl of MIREIO's soup of Green Lentil with Pan-seared Foie Gras and white truffle oil. 



The soup was then poured over the foie gras and truffle oil.... 



Each spoonful was thick and rich with earthy flavors. 



This was indeed a lovely first course along with our bread and wine.



If you're more into seafood, the MIREIO Fresh and Smoked Salmon Tartare with Granny Smith Apple and Dijon Mustard Cream is another lovely option. 




The chopped Salmon is definitely fresh with that mild smokey flavor. It certainly worked well with the strong bite of the Granny Smith apple and greens. 




Another appetizer offered in the A Year in Provence celebration is the Tomato Tart with Clams, Snails, Rocket, and Parmesan. 




Would you believe that this was my favorite among the 3?

The stewed tomatoes had a nice tangy flavor to it that was complemented by the buttery crust, woodsy parmesan cheese, and the bitter arugula. Everything just worked so well together especially with the seafood. 

The flavors were just so strong (but deliciously so) that one plate is good for 2 people. Yes.Seriously. 



We were really enjoying our MIREIO night so far and we were only with the appetizers.

I'm happy too that I'm pairing everything with Rose wine. I'm not really a drinker but I'm feeling oh-so-like Peter Mayle!



Besides the wine, we also had this Strawberry Cocktail that just hit the spot.



Later on we were presented with the selection of MIREIO main entrees, all for P365.00 nett also from December 8-12, 2017!



Provencal dining was all about freshness and the use of natural ingredients. With MIREIO, the Herb Crusted Jackfish Ratatouille with Ginger Oil and Olive dressing had that taste.




The fish was indeed fresh and moist. The delicate taste of the Jackfish was heightened by the Ratatouille.

(He he he he! If you've seen the animated film, I'm sure you'll always look for Ratatouille when you're in any French restaurant...Sacre bleu!)




One taste and I immediately fell in love with the MIREIO Orzo with King Prawns, flambeed with Pastis and star anis cream!



For only P365.00 nett, this is certainly bang for your beautiful buck.



Seriously, the dish is so rich, creamy, and just ooh la la delicious you'll immediately be full and happy. 




A crowd favorite (and I understand why) is the MIREIO Slow Cooked Oxtail Parmentier with Black Truffle Jus and Mesclun.



Believe it or not, it's a dish similar to Sheperd's pie but on a whole different level...

Like I'm-on-top-of-the-world-doing-twirls-like-the-hills-are-alive-with-the-sound-of-music kind of level. 



Give the pot a good mix and stuff your face full of the meat with potato mashed goodness and I swear, you'll thank me for it.



Now I can't decide what to focus on so I just got ALL OF the mains. 

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!



It's okay. Even if I'm acting like a Fresh Off the Boat cutie (he he he) I'm with the Chinese Dimpol so I'm sure to be forgiven.

In short, pogi naman yung kasama ko e. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Check out the biceps. Naks! Punisher, your big guns are here. 




For dessert I apologize that I wasn't able to take pictures of the actual serving sizes of the dishes offered for the P365.00 nett promo. But at least, you'll get an idea how good it all were. 

Just like this MIREIO Lavender Creme Brulee with Lemon Madeleine.




The custard was light yet luscious. 



The torched caramelized sugar and the lemon Madeleine would make you want to scrape it all till the bowl is empty.




MIREIO 65% Maraicabo Mousse, Chocolate Ice Cream, and Truffle Cake with Hazelnut Crunch.

Now do I REALLY need to describe this further?




MIREIO Apple Tart Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream.




My table mates loved the sour and sweet combination of the tart.




As for me, I'm agogo with everything as long as there's coffee. He he he he he he!




AND the KTG!

It was a lovely and delicious night with my favorite foodie family AND authentic french food from MIREIO. Their food for A YEAR IN PROVENCE is certainly a worthy reason to join in on the celebration. 



Don't forget to bring the people you love to savor this ultimate French experience. It will surely be one of your most memorable meals before this year ends. 



Again, each dish is priced only at P365.00 nett from December 8 to 12, 2017.

I STRONGLY suggest you make your reservations now.

:)







MIREIO
Raffles Hotel, 1 Raffles Drive, 
Makati Avenue, San Lorenzo, Makati City
02 5559888






+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...