family collage

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

KAIN TULOG GANG CHRISTMAS PARTY 2013

"It was the BEST of times, it was the WORST of times."

Well it was the holiday season and while we were attending Christmas parties left and right, there was really NOTHING like my foodie family KTG Christmas party. In the words of Holmes, "It's elementary really" because what do you expect from people who LIVE for food when they come together during the holidays?

One thing's for sure, we had tables of all the BEST delicious grub imaginable that will be the WORST nightmare for  my waistline, that's what!

And it may be too bold for me to say it but what the heck, I will state it out loud and proud (to the background music of Enya and with Jean Claude's accent)

"It was the most epic of Christmas Parties...."



Venue for our blogger Christmas party was at the ASTORIA PLAZA in Ortigas City.



When we got to ASTORIA PLAZA, everybody seems to be already there.






Seeing many familiar foodie faces, I was so tempted to go around table hopping to chat up with my favorite bloggers in the Metro.... 




But then I remember this WAS a gathering of food bloggers so I should be getting started with stuffing myself with the glorious grub all laid out. 



Who was present? 


Len Altea (THE MOMMIST), dear Spanky Enriquez (THE DAILY SPANKS),Jericho San Miguel and Kathi Raneses ( MUCKING AROUND MANILA).



Finally met Frances (FRANNYWANNY) and her hub Paul, Richard Co (TALES FROM THE TUMMY), his wife Irene (INDULGENCE BY IRENE), and a very happy Jane (BETWEEN BITES).




Richie Zamora (THE PICKIEST EATER IN THE WORLD) his very charming wife Rina (RINA'S RAINBOW), Justinne Go (BABE FOR FOOD), Yedy Calaguas (YEDYLICIOUS) and Eugene Constantino (HEFTY FOODIE). 



TIME TO EAT!!! 


There was no need to warm up our tummies with appetizers as we proceeded with the main meal. First that caught my eye was this paellanera filled to the brim with an aromatic colorful rice.




My husband immediately got spoonfuls of the very delectable PAELLA MIXTA by PeeWee Morato and check out how they did not scrimp on the toppings!




The arborio rice was very flavorful  and could very well be enjoyed on its own. But then why deny myself with fat mussels, shrimps, and other juicy seafoods when it's calling out to me? Oh yeah... I'm easily tempted you know.

The PAELLA MIXTA by PeeWee Morato was so delicious that I did not notice it came with an aioli dressing! Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh well. There will BE a next encounter with this Spanish treasure for sure.



 

Stop it Yub... you're done already. He he he he!




I spied also one big box of DIPLAHAN LECHON...




... which was already massacred by our so called "friends". Ha ha ha ha! Kidding! 





I was able to get a lot of skin though.




No celebration is complete without some noodles and I was happy to spy a whole bilao of my favorite Pancit Malabon brought by Sumi THE PURPLE DOLL from DOLOR'S KAKANIN BY MOMMY'S MALABON PRIDE.

We missed you there dear Sumi!!! Thank you for this delicious "for long life" dish! 



I must have helped myself to two plates of this pancit malabon since it was just as saucy as I wanted! 



Would it be weird if I ate these creamy mashed potatoes with my pancit Malabon?




Naaah... this very juicy rotisserie chicken will get that buttery mashed potatoes perfectly! A match made in foodie heaven! 




I was already excited to dig in but HELLO! These ready to grill Wagyu Burger Patties from KITAYAMA MEATSHOP were all "smiling" at me!



So we'll be cooking!




We gave each WAGYU BURGER PATTY a good spread of butter and started frying!



Dear Spanky helped us in grilling the buns!




Burger toppings!!




Nom... Nom... 




My husband was already tired from munching at this point!



Then just when we thought that everything was already perfect, a little stuffed piggy made a grand entrance!




And everybody just went gaga!!! Yes! Much ado about PEPITA'S LECHON!




This little sucker was stuffed with savory bagoong rice! Wow! We were actually so full already but we WILL devour this tasty porker!




The PEPITAS LECHON gave such a crunch when I bit into it. Plus the rice. WOW. Truly exploding with flavors! 




I licked that plate clean in no time and got myself another serving of the bagoong rice! I ate this with the salsa that Richard whipped up for the chips and it was just perfect!



Of course for dessert we cannot NOT have some of the BEST cheesecakes in all eternity!

The INDULGENCE BY IRENE QUEZO DE BOLA cheesecake!




... and the INDULGENCE BY IRENE ube cheesecake!





We also got several cups of DOJO JAPANESE which came in a variety (albeit "unique") of flavors that were so nummy yummy in our tummies!





There was miso sake, wasabi, and green tea... but my favorite was the salt caramel! Yup! I'm so boring that way!




Richard's daughter Lauren also made some brownies for us and I think I almost commandeered the whole batch since I got a lot for myself!




Little Rain also partied with us and enjoyed some chips!


After eating it's now time for some picture taking!

Me and Yub with the genius behind PEPITA'S LECHON, Ms. Dedet dela Fuente!

Standing are Frances, Stonibert Lim (THE FOOD ALPHABET AND MORE) and his very angelic wife Joan!



What the... I take that back now. HA HA HA HA HA HA!




I love chatting with Joko Magalong (ABS CBN) since she's a geek like me. He he he he he! 

By this time I also distributed my Christmas gifts to the group. 




Of course, what's a party without some videoke??? Here's dear Spanky belting out "MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW".




But the best part was when Eugene soothingly sang "WHEN I MET YOU". NAKS! I'm not lying when I say that I would still find myself singing the song at the office from time to time!




Then somebody decided to play "Careless Whisper" (I think)... 




... and I demonstrated the dance. Sorry Yub. Ha ha ha ha ha!




Chuckie Dreyfuss of ALL CHUCKED UP also took the mike and for the life of me I don't know why everyone is laughing.

My husband seems to be drunk already!



Kathi belted out some songs too!




Here's one for the road for me....




The food was delicious but we were all full beyond words that we still had leftovers!




GOOD because we were all ready for some "take home action!" 

Paul, Franny's hub, was such a passionate lechon chopper!!! He helped us split little porky!



No, those are not burritos. HA HA HA HA! Very nice Yedy helped me to properly wrap up the leftover goodies!




This was such an overflowing wild night with my favorite foodie KTG family!

Thank you so much to Mr. and Mrs. Richard Co (TALES FROM THE TUMMY) for hosting this EPIC night!!!




ERICJAZ FOODIES is surely looking forward to many, many, more EPIC celebrations like this!!!!

LET'S EAT!!!


PS... The food served in the KTG Christmas party are available all year round. So if you need delicious grub that will be just a phone call away for your next pot luck gathering or party, give these numbers a call!!!


Paella by Peewee Morato
0917-8478706
Prices: Php. 3600 (for 15 pax), Php. 4600 (for 25 pax), Php. 5600 (for 36 pax)


Diplahan Lechon
0917-8268010 / 0917-8268017
Prices: Php. 6500 (Small) Php. 7500 (Medium), Php. 8500 (Large)


Dolor's Kakanin by Mommy's Malabon Pride
19 Governor Pascual Avenue
Concepcion, Malabon City
Tel. #: 282-0071 / 283-5782 Fax #: 281-3123

Kitayama Meatshop
2292 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City
887-5848

Stuffed Lechon by Pepita's Kitchen
6 San Pablo street, Magallanes Vilalge, Makati City, MM
Mobile : +639178660662
Telephone : 6324254605


Indulgence by Irene Cheesecakes
For Orders: 
Contact numbers:
0922-8303900 and 0917-6225800
Place orders at least 2 days in advance
Pick up Points:
Astoria Plaza, Ortigas


Dojo Japanese Ice Cream
For Orders:
0918-888-DOJO


ENJOY!!!


Oh and what's the next best thing to enjoying a night overflowing with scrumptious food, outrageous fun, and wild company?



GETTING GIFTS OF COURSE! He he he he he!

Kidding! Till next year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...