family collage

Monday, December 17, 2018

THE GRID FOOD MARKET AGAIN


The YAPPY BUNCH have a new favorite in Powerplant Mall --   THE GRID FOOD MARKET!!!

We loved the food because everyone took their pick in the cuisine they liked. There were also several stalls that offered not your usual food court menus but instead served special gourmet dishes that kept everything exciting. Another great thing too was that the servings were big enough for sharing! Kaya yay! That would make it more affordable for me and the Yubhub!!!!!!!

So now, whenever we're thinking of a place to eat in Powerplant Mall, we would always blurt out in unison...

THE GRID!!!!

Yup! With that, everyone will be truly and deliciously happy!!!!!




THE GRID FOOD MARKET!!!

Yup! Again and again!!!!!!!!!!!



After the little lords' first exams, we treated them to the DO YOU DARE Game Room.

I don't want to dwell too much on what happened, but let's just say that WE WERE CHEATED!

CHE!



Anyway, to make the long story short, the winner was Team Mati. And as their prize, we will have dinner at their venue of choice for our Family Saturdate!

CHE!!!! Grumble! Grumble!




Master Mati was craving Korean that night but then, BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! The Korean restaurant in Powerplant Mall was being renovated!

Awwwwww.... Poor Mati!!!

(Snicker... snicker...)



My big guy just decided the next best thing for us... THE GRID!!!!

Yay! This was Team Andrei's choice anyway.

Too bad lang that Andrei was feeling sick that dinnertime and just chose to stay home with his Lola. We didn't want to disappoint Master Mati (who was so excited to eat) so we went out for this quick dinner.

Don't feel too sorry for Andrei. He's having the time of his life watching Youtube videos and playing videogames (which he's not normally allowed to do!).



The Yub and I wanted to try out something different so we went to stall 02 -- Flower Boy!

This section served Thai food! 




Flower boy always had a long line so we were excited to try it.




Hmmm... What should we have????



When we got back to our table, we saw that Master Mati ordered the Spicy Ramen from his favorite Tsuke Men!



Master Mati got the Tan Tan Men (P420.00)!




I wonder if it would be as spicy as we'd like it to be?




Sluuuurp!!!!




After a long spoonful of the hearty broth, my big guy was happy. It's not as spicy as the Korean spicy noodles out there but it had that nice kick into it that will make you sweat but crave for more!




As for me, I see a lot of tables ordering the Pad Thai (P290.00) and thought of sharing it with the Yub!




I know I should be controlling my carbs but whaddaheck... I was depressed that night because we LOST!!!

CHE!



The Yub also got the Pork Chop Rice (P290.00) for us to share.




This was a mighty big plate!

My husband was a bit disappointed though because he requested to have the monggo and pickled papaya served on the side. He made several reminders but in the end, this was still served to us. Since we're hungry already, we just got the hot dish and just asked for an extra plate.

Just in case you're curious, he was not allowed to eat monggo because of health reasons. As for the pickled papaya, he HATED the taste of vinegar that even the slight drop of it would make him lose his appetite.

ARTE!




In the end, it was still all smiles for us!!!!




Nom... nom...

The ramen was good. As for the Pork Chop and Pad Thai, it all tasted so "clean". Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I think I'm so used to the greasy and unhealthy version of Thai food that when we were served with the authentic one, we were craving for that cheap, sidestreet taste. He he he he he he!




When we got home, the bunsoy was having his snack of pizza. He didn't seem to be too happy about it.




I told him that I'd just cook his favorite cheesy scrambled eggs!

There were still some mozzarella cheese in the fridge so I topped that right on it. I also gave a light drizzle of Knorr seasoning.




My baby bunsoy!

Don't worry. We'll go back to THE GRID just for you!



And when Andrei got well, WE DID!

For this night, Master Mati had other plans and told us to go ahead.




My baby bunsoy got his favorite Tsuke Men Tonkotsu Ramen (P390.00) with extra Nori Strips (P60.00)!



Yahooo! The adult's food are here!





Me and the hub naman shared again this big plate of Lechon Manok (P290.00) with brown rice!




We were not able to finish this big plate because it was A LOT!

PS, my husband liked this better than the Porchetta.




Since a lot of people were raving over it, I ordered the Garlic Noodles from Bun Appetit (P150.00).

(Next time na yung Lobster Roll.... Too expensive for us! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!)




The noodles were chewy and indeed so garlicky and buttery.




It was perfect with a drizzle of the chili sauce.

The garlic noodles were indeed flavorful but it was a bit cloying for me. We already ate it with rice but still, we were not able to finish it. To think that I love noodles ah!!!!!

It's still a worthy side dish. Maybe it's more bagay talaga with that pamatay na expensive na Lobster roll. He he he he he!




My favorite that night was the Tuna Tostada (P135.00) from La Chinesca!




OMG! This was sooooo good!!!! Chunks of fresh tuna with salsa, nuts, lime, etc on a crunchy fried tortilla. I can't stop raving over it while eating!!

I want to go back to THE GRID again and again just for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was so mind blowingly delicious that makikipaghalikan talaga ako sa Tuna Tostada na to! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yep! Seriously!!!! 

Me want some MOREEEEEEE!



Now let's eat!



The Senior Citizen is happy!

He he he he he!!!

I shared with the Yub, btw!




My happy pogi boys!

Missing Master Mati! We'll go back here soon with him!





ERICJAZ FOODIES with bunsoy Andrei AND a photobomber!!!!

I used to do a lot of photobombing during the good ol' Kodak camera days. E with the celphone age, huli agad ako. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Yep! Karma is SO real!

Well played Ale...Well played!

Isa pa ding malaking CHE for you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

============================================

Till our next THE GRID meal!!!

I wonder what I'll order next time... Hmmmm...

Would anybody out there want to treat me to a Lobster Roll???

What about you, Photobomber lady? He he he he he he!

SO.

THERE.


THE GRID FOOD MARKET
The Grid Food Market, Power Plant Mall, 
Rockwell, Makati City




+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...