family collage

Thursday, May 21, 2015

LUGANG CAFE (MY 2015 BIRTHDAY)

Whenever it's my birthday, I would always meet up with my BGP (Best Gal Pal) Marian and her crazy husband, Manong Fred. No birthdays without meeting up these two will be complete for me. It's already etched in stone and cannot be removed from history.

Yup! Best friends should ALWAYS meet up on birthdays! 

So as part of my 40th birthday celebrations, I met up with dear BGP Marian and (ew) her hubby Manong Fred in SM Aura. Usually when we're at the newest mall of the SM franchise, we would usually slurp noodles at our favorite RAMEN NAGI. But we wanted to try something new and we were in the mood for some Chinese food. So we tried out the restaurant that is peering at us from RAMEN NAGI....



LUGANG CAFE!



My husband and I love Chinese food but we have never eaten at LUGANG CAFE. We have always passed by it going to RAMEN NAGI and would usually feel discouraged by the poshness of the place. 



You can't really blame us because they have 3 or more friggin chandeliers for crying out loud! 




But of course, whenever we pass by LUGANG CAFE my attention would always be drawn to this glass window.

No, I'm not intrigued by the two individuals who seem to be staring at the world go by. And no, I'm not talking about the other one looking at something in disbelief at the dining area (get a hold of yourself, it's just the Chinese Adonis sitting there. He he he he he!).



I always get engrossed seeing their chefs prepare the food at their open kitchen. Good thing there's a glass separating me from these food masters or else I would have gone all ninja and zoink many bites of their food!



I got my eye on you Xiao Long Bao. 



Inside LUGANG CAFE.




Manong Fred and BGP Marian!




Me and the Chinese Adonis!



Waitress (thinking): "What the eff are you talking about?"
And it is time to order! I forgot what I was asking the lovely server for her to make this kind of face but I guess that it is has something to do with putting something "on the side". 




LUGANG CAFE menu!



LUGANG CAFE menu 1...



LUGANG CAFE menu 2... 



Pictures to make customers drool while deciding...




LUGANG CAFE menu 3



LUGANG CAFE menu 4!



MORE pictures! He he he he he!



LUGANG CAFE Wasabi Mayo Prawns (P580.00)!



The fresh shrimps fried in light batter were quite good especially with a generous dip of the wasabi mayo. Eat it with the steamed Broccolli for some added crunch.




The servings though are a bit miniscule (Naks! that's webster for you) compared to the price. But this was a delicious chomp if you ask me. 




Caught BGP feeding Manong Fred a fried shrimp. Awwww how sweet! Like me and the Adonis, they are not a very PDA-crazy couple. I hate it too when other couples act all pa-sweety sweety and don't care about the other people in the room. My thought bubble there would always be GET A ROOM.

So when I saw BGP feeding Manong Fred from her chopstick, I caught it with a quick picture. Too bad it's blurry.

Hmmm... I just remembered though that Manong Fred is allergic to shrimp....

SCORE for BGP!!!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Kidding! He's allergic but he loves shrimp so much that he just packs meds.




LUGANG CAFE Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet (P380.00)!

I'm not really a fan of anything sweet and sour but this dish was perfectly seasoned and had the right balance in flavors. 

GIMME THE RICE!




Of course, when in LUGANG CAFE always order their famous Xiao Long Bao (P248.00). 




I think the 8 pieces for this dish was pretty worth it!




I have such a weakness for spicy food so when I saw Kung Pao Chicken (P280.00), I immediately ordered it. The sauce was sweet and it got a lot of kick from the chopped peppers. This was delicious but not mind blowing. After we finished the few cubes of tender chicken, I mixed the veggies and nuts into my rice! 




I really craved for some fried rice that night that I asked Manong Fred to share with us! The LUGANG CAFE P260.00 was so good I could eat it by it's lonesome.



BGP ordered an ice cold Coke Zero to wash down all that delicious food! 

I wanted some Coke too but I'm trying to control my soda intake. All the calories are going to my "biceps"!!!! >:(




ERICJAZ FOODIES with BGP Marian and Manong Fred in LUGANG CAFE!




Awwww! So sweet of Manong Fred!




He's putting some of the cashew nuts on Yub's plate.

HASHTAG Brokeback Mountain!

Tee Hee!

Kidding aside, yeah, they have such a bromance!



My plate! My trying-to-control-my-carb-intake plate!!!!



YUMMMMMMMMMMM....





Almost done...



And we're done! BURP!

That was such a delicious dinner at LUGANG CAFE! We ate so much that I am praying we still have room for dessert!



The BILL!

Remember. This is not an official receipt.

He he he he! 

TTFN (TaTa For Now)



LUGANG CAFE
Fifth Floor, SM Aura Premier, 
C5 Road Corner 26th Street, 
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City


Check it out 




3 comments:

  1. Mr. SnuffleupagusMay 22, 2015 at 5:36 AM

    Mukhang merong ngang forever... FOREVER ANG BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION POSTS MO! hahahaha... Ang swerte mo naman! =)

    -isang beses pa lang ako nakakain sa Lugang, and that was when I was included in jinlovestoeat's WokWithJin food tour last year
    -bakit ka naman ma-discourage sa "poshness" ng Lugang, eh bagay na bagay nga kayo diyan? hehehe
    -"(get a hold of yourself, it's just the Chinese Adonis sitting there. He he he he he!)" <<<=== bwahahahaha
    -sarap ng xiao long bao nila, pero I must admit I'm no expert on the stuff
    -JEZKELERD! ANG MENU! ANG MAHAL! Buti na lang libre yung food tour namin dati, otherwise di na talaga ako makakakain dito, huhuhu
    -OMG! Wasabi Mayo Prawns!!! Drooling right now just imagining how good that must taste like. Pero parang ang konti nga ng serving nila. Lugang, este, lugi! hehehe...
    -miniscule or minUscule? I'm confussed. hehehe...
    -hahaha... kami din ni TP hindi ma-PDA, for obvious reasons, hahaha
    -why you no like sweet and sour? kasi hindi ka mahilig sa matatamis na ulam?
    -dapat talaga makakain tayo dun sa newest fave namin ni TP - sa Mao Jia Hunan Cuisine. You haven't tasted spicy until you eat there, hehehe... Tapos pag kumakain kami dun parating kami lang ang "natives" na nandun, yung iba puro kalahi na ni Eric, hahaha...
    -pwede ba mag-brokeback din kami ni Yub? hahahaha...
    -"My trying-to-control-my-carb-intake plate!!!!" - and failing miserably, hahaha
    -OMG!!! Di ko kinaya ang bill! Ibang levelz talaga ang EJF!!! hahahaha... <<<=== ito din pala forever, hahaha...

    TTFN to you, too, Jazzle Dazzle! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha ha! Alam mo ISANG LINGGO pa yan promise!!! May staycation, at ilang dinners pa! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

      1) LUGANG is good naman right? Sort of pricey pero the food was yum so it's okay!

      2) COWBOYS KAMI E!

      3) Ha ha ha ha! Nakatitig kasi si Chef!

      4) Me too. I'm not an expert on xiao long bao too but these were good! Masarap siya sa panlasa ko! He he he he he!

      5) KAYANG KAYA MO YAN!

      6) It's soooo delicious! Pero medyo mahal. At least masarap. Pangit yung mahal na tapos pangit pa lasa.

      7) Minuscule is the correct term pero accepted na din si Miniscule. He he he he he!

      8) Pero gusto ko makita minsan. YIHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

      9) CORRECT! Hindi ko siya feel talaga.

      10) Where is that? I ate the one in Makati in front of Power plant mall pero bahay lang siya na mumurahin the food... SARAP! Chinese spicy food!

      11) GO! I share cos I care! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

      12) i always fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      CHE!

      Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahnsss! Happy Friday! Kitakits kami ni BGP mamaya!

      Delete
    2. Idolz, yung Mao Jia Hunan Cuisine is on Bagtikan St., San Antonio Village, Makati =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...