family collage

Thursday, November 2, 2017

PAT PAT'S KANSI HOUSE


The YAPPY BUNCH were having an INDEPENDENCE DAY outing and when we were deciding where to eat, we thought we should veer away from the usual restaurants that we go to in Manila. The Yub and I instead thought of taking the little lords to a true blue Filipino eatery, or karinderia, not only because it doesn't have any international influence but also because we wanted the boys to experience the simple, rustic, no-frills-just-good-food qualities that an eatery was known for.

With that, we ended up in PAT PAT'S KANSI!!!! I remember my favorite youtuber Mark Wiens feature this restaurant in one of his specials and it always gets me hungry everytime I watch it. I'm glad  that we decided to go here and that the food was as great as I hyped it up to be.

Yehess! It was a very successful lunch. Not only we're we able to have a different kind of INDEPENDENCE DAY lunch, but we enjoyed everything about the meal as well. We were happy. Very, veryy, VERY happy!




PAT PAT'S KANSI!!!!!!!!


PAT PAT'S KANSI has parking spaces available and it seemed like a house converted into a restaurant.




Inside, there was no airconditioning but there were many wall fans to cool off the hungry diner. 



THE YAPPY BUNCH are here!!!!


ROLL CALL!

The Chinese Dimpol and Master Mati!




Me and the bunsoy Andrei!



Time to order!




PAT PAT'S KANSI only had 1 page in their menu. But trust me, all that you'll need and crave is there!



After placing our orders they gave us our utensils placed on a small plate.




They also gave us this long barbecue stick which we were clueless what for.




My dipping sauce!!!

Yehesss!!!!

This was how Mark Weins ate his PAT PAT's food -- with LOADS of sili!


BRACE YOURSELVES... FOOD IS HERE!

First on the table is PAT PAT'S specialty -- KANSI BULALO (P170.00)!

Sorry. All caps was indeed needed for this beautiful thing.




Kansi is a combination of the richness and sourness of Bulalo and Sinigang soups combined that was popularized by the Ilonggos.




It is usually cooked with beef shanks but for us, we're going for the "sinful" route...

BULALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Egad! Would you look at that big tub of marrow peeking out??? That is SO perfect with rice....



Mark Weins raved over the PAT PAT'S Boneless Bangus (P210.00) and even if I'm not much of a fan of this dish, we ordered it.  



I'm glad we did because this fish was just glorious -- the meat was moist and flaky. It also had all that appetizing smokey flavor. 



I certainly didn't need the dipping sauce for this because the bangus was packed with delicoius seasonings.

Mapapa-extra rice ka nito. I swear.




As for the boys, they fought over the PAT PAT'S Grilled Liempo (P100.00) that we ordered another one. 




It may look dry in the picture but trust me it's not. The meat was juicy and had that mouth-watering saltiness matched with the chargrilled flavors. Sarap!!!!

Could I have at least one more piece????



ERICJAZ FOODIES with the little lords in PAT PAT'S KANSI HOUSE!




SUGOD MGA KAPATID!!!!!!!!!!!




The soup of the Kansi was served separately and you could ask more if you wanted to.




Egad! I'm trying to quit rice but I don't think I can at this point. 

There's just no turning back!




Check out that moist and lip-smacking morsel of bangus!




We finally figured out what the long stick was for. 

And no, it's not a toothpick. He he he he he he!




It's to properly pick out the delicious bone marrow!




Master Mati loved it and had most of the marrow. 

I don't blame him. Sarap naman talaga!




When in an eatery or karinderia, it's more fun to slurp your soup straight from the bowl.

Raise na lang your pinky if you want to appear "shoshal".

Oops. I forgot to do so. I'm not shoshal kashe.




Oh no! I'm about to finish my rice!



I was more powerless with the addition of toyo and sili!



Yay! Master Mati gave me more marrow!




I was happy that I didn't have to bribe Andrei to eat (he's allergic to. he he he he) He loved the food at PAT PAT'S KANSI!



He also wished for more Grilled Pork. So he got it!




When he ran out of marrow, Master Mati licked the bones to make sure he got every morsel.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!




And we're done!

Oops! Almost!




For dessert, the boys asked for some PAT PAT'S Leche Flan (P45.00)!



Ayan! Done na talaga.

Eeep! I really finished the rice. Huhuhu!



PAT PAT'S KANSI bill!!!!!




This was a superkaduper awesome lunch where we "became Filipino" in a most delicious manner. I'm sure we'll have more reasons to go back even if it's not the Independence Day.

Yohooo!



PAT PAT'S KANSI
 8809 Sampaloc, Makati, 1203 
Kalakhang Maynila
(02) 890 6179



+++++++++++++++++++ 

ILYD






2 comments:

  1. The bbq stick is pang dutdot sa bone marrow. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Erika!!!!

      Ah yeah!!!! I didn't see that it's the pang dukot of the marrow at first. Pero now I know na. Thank you that you made turo of me ha?

      He he he he he he!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...