family collage

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MALAYSIA EATS (WHAT YUB GRUBBED)

by Eric John Yap



I flew to Malaysia sometime July last year for a bit of work training. It was such a great experience to finally set afoot in my company's Malaysian office and seeing again my batch mates from other countries who also joined the seminar. The days definitely flew by because not only did we learn a lot for my job and enjoyed the views, but I also savored what the country "served" and ate more than what was good for me.

Now for somebody who is such a finicky eater, this was TRULY a feat for Malaysia! Ha ha ha! Everything was just delicious, simple, and highlighting the cuisine of our continent. I loved the food! Wow!

Yes, MALAYSIA is TRULY Asia! Looking forward to bringing the missus here soon with our little boys.

So on to my food experience... 




 My first Malaysian meal at Village Park Restaurant!







I ordered my very first NASI LEMAK in VILLAGE PARK RESTAURANT. Fried chicken was very tender and juicy. I was able to finish everything including the coconut milk flavored rice!







On another night we went to AH CHENG LAKSA!







Since I was not really fond of Laksa like my wife, I had another plate of Nasi Lemak in AH CHENG. The food here was delicious too!






My friend ordered the Kuey Teow Soup...






 Another friend got the Asam Laksa. He seemed to enjoy this bowl of hot noodles very much because everything was empty to the last drop! I think he ate this with a cup of rice too. Talk about carbo loading!






Me and my work guys enjoying another great Malaysian meal!

(See? There's the rice!)

L-R Dino, Erlaine, Me, Cris





On another day, we went to IKEA where I had some fish and chips. It was self service here and similar to how we get our food in food courts. In IKEA though, there are specific stations where to pay our meals.


My wife said I looked so stiff here by the way....

I say, do whatever it takes to lessen my "6 pack"! He he he!






 We dropped by Honda Plant in Melaka Malaysia for a day tour!







Got  to see the Honda Plant Cafeteria where they served a LOT of rice!









 I was able to try some Vanilla Coke which was not really available in the Philippines.

RM1.90 = PHP26







One of our memorable meals here in Malaysia was for a Chinese night with my officemates!

L - R Me, Tan (who got so close), Paul, Cassei, Dino and wife Boo, and Blanche!







Sorry I was not able to get the name of this restaurant.








Everything looked so good that I dove right into it.

I guess getting the name of this place is a mission and a reason to go back to Malaysia. He he he he! Yes that's me. I'm a man with a plan.





LET'S EAT!






Village Park Restaurant
5, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama, 
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia




 Ikea Food Court at IKEA
2 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...